• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fakes I was Given at School

giratina519

ra ra ra IERUKANA?!
image.jpg

Some kid at my school recently went to Chinatown and bought some Pokemon cards. I asked to look at them and found that over half were fake! He said that since they are technically worthless (Except as a Proxy in Organized Play, but that's a different story), but he said that I could keep the fakes...

So lets go over the four most blatant fakes (from top left)

Kirlia: Wrong font and upon closer inspection, apparently "with" is now spelled as "witg"...

Giratina Level X: The most obvious... The font is way off, and none of it is holo. All level X cards have a silver foil border and are holo themselves. This one is neither...

Dusknoir: The infamous "Evolves from Rhydon" fake. They didnt even manage to spell "Rhyodn" right... Supposed to be holo, but not holo. However, the holofoil reflections still appear on the image as if it has been scanned directly from a legit card...

Palkia: A better fake than the others, but overly shiny and glar-ish (if that's a word, well I say it is, so it is). Most amazingly, they managed to spell "Spacial" differently TWO different times on the SAME CARD, and got it wrong BOTH TIMES... "Spatial" and "Spaical"
Plus, wasn't this card holo???

All of these cards except Palkia are overly thin and flimsy... They feel similar to paper. Poor quality material, and the ink is too dark. Palkia and Dusknoir have the "bloated energies", and for some reason, when you gently scratch the backs of all of them, they have a very "rough, gradient" feel to them. The borders are off-centre, and the expansions are often wrong.

In summary, my classmate said that he found these cards being sold loose by some guy in one of the shops. The main problem that these cards make a profit, and that people are ripped off is mainly because many innocent people or unsuspecting parents buy these cards without actually looking at them. One look at most of these cards should send up red flags to anyone, Pokemon trainer or otherwise.

Last edited:

Xerneltal

Sonic aficionado
Just saying, but spatial is a legit alternate spelling of spacial. xP

Nonetheless, pretty disappointing the cards were fake. :c

giratina519

ra ra ra IERUKANA?!
Yes, but legitimate cards do not spell the same word different twice on the same card...