• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fallen Stars - OU

windsong

WEST SIDE
I have decided to go for another OU team. For a little fun to be in the team, i decided to make in in relation with the smogon article "Fallen Stars" discussing the pokemon of UU (and on occasion OU) which were once in the top of the metagame and pokemon who are rarely used anymore.

So without further ado, here is the team of fallen stars:
232.png
243.png
442.png
214.png
65.png
51.png

232.png

Donphan@Life Orb
Adamant
40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe

- Ice Shard
- Assurance
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock / Poison Jab

My anti lead lead. I'm seeing that he can counter many of the leads in OU with ease, often not scoring a KO until Ice Shard gets factored in. People cannot forget about this guy though! He can be exceedingly annoying with late game revenge kill type moves (though he isnt specifically a revenge killer) with Ice Shard.
Poison Jab could be for potential coverage, and Stealth Rock could be to factor in the residual damage. Not sure which to use there.

243.png

Raiku@Leftovers
Timid
68 HP / 116 SpA / 72 SpD / 252 Spe
Pressure

- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- HP Ice

OK, i added this guy onto the team for the same coverage that i once had Porygon2 for, and a better job of it. Electric typing is always a nice thing to have, and when i can toss HP Ice and Thunderbolt onto it, that gives it decent coverage throughought OU.
Overall, it works just as well as Porygon2.

*thanks for recommending this!

I used Porygon2 once and i found a new favorite pokemon in him. This little ugly duckling can do almost anything. Sure it has to be specifically designed to counter a threat to beat it, but when a threat appears on nearly every OU team there is now, Porygon2 exactly what i need.
Trace is rated one of the top ten abilities for a reason, and this guy has gotten me out of some tight spots with it.
Im not quite sure about the EVset though, and i think that it needs a bit of work.

442.png

Spritomb@Leftovers
Calm
252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD

- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Shadow Ball
- Will O Wisp

Spiritomb gives meaning to the term, "bulky special attacker" or at least tries to. Though outclassed by other pokemon in OU, Spiritomb does not share the Dark Type weakness faced by all the other Ghost and Psychic special attackers in OU, such as Rotom-A. This lets him stay in safely against the Tyranitar and Scizors who make OU their home.
Nasty Plot is over Calm Mind in this situation, as frankly, Spiritomb has no recovery outside of Pain Split or Rest, neither of which are used in this moveset, as both are completely unreliable with bad luck. The nice attack spread covers all Types for neutral damage, and Spiritomb isn't locked into an attack like choice attackers, making him a nice useful pokemon.
i changed him around a lot. made him a rest talker who can successfully deal with both scizor and luke which are major threats to this team.

214.png

Heracross@Choice Scarf
Adamant
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 HP

- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn
- Pursuit

The famous Bug Type of the old OU. It has been outclassed by Scizor, but frankly, I find that the two are just different. No one's going to slap a choice scarf onto Scizor and say, "epic" but with Heracross it's easy to do.
Heracross is one of the few attackers that can easily pull of a switch into Rotom without fearing the Will-O-Wisp crippling burn effect, and is able to devastate entire teams with one choice move.
My main powerful physical attacker.

65.png

Alakazam@Choice Specs
Timid
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 6 HP

- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- HP Fire
- Trick

Once the strongest special attacker in the game, Alakazam still has hope for greatness. Sure it gets killed by Scizor with ease, but well...HP Fire allows a nice surprise for the Scizor switch.
In addition, Alakazam checks some important counters to this team, such as Infernape.
Alakazam isn't perfect, but he works very well on this team.

51.png

Dugtrio@Choice Band
Jolly
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 HP

- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

My final pokemon and revenger. Dugtrio can easily take down at least one pokemon with it.
Sadly Dugtrio loses to anything that doesn't let you take it down with ease, or has good enough prediction to avoid my attack.
On the other hand, Dugtrio is excellent for defeating weakened offensive threats and is a great help to my team.

So there you have it! The fallen stars of the pokemon world. These underused and rarely used pokemon can do something if they are properly put to use.

So give me your opinion of this team.

Last edited:

Bulldogs

Banned
Interesting team. However I have noticed a few flaws.

Major Threats

Scizor
Lucario
Suicune

1. Scizor - First of all, no one on your team can take a Bullet Punch. Porygon2 is 3HKOd but can't do anything other than paralyze Scizor.Duggy, and Ala are easy OHKOs fro CB versions. Hera takes 80%. Tomb takes 50%. Donphan is 2HKOd if it's taken Life Orb damage and switched. SD Scizor would be even more problematic. After an SD even Porygon2 is 2HKOd.

There is one Pokemon who is already on your team who can remedy this. Spiritomb. You have plenty of offense already in Hera/Dugtrio/Ala. Going for a more defensive spread, and slapping WoW on him would be nearly a surefire counter.

2. Lucario - Now that we've covered that, let's move on to Lucario. After an SD He can OHKO everything on your team barring Spiritomb who would be 2HKOd by Ice Punch/Crunch/Stone Edge. Just like for the Scizor problem, changing Tomb to a more defensive set could cover this.

3. Suicune - After a Calm Mind, all you can do is Trick a Scarf, which will be very obvious. I would recommend a Phazer in Porygon2's spot, namely Gyarados. If you went to Gyara you could also check Luke and Scizor. However, I do not want to disrupt the team's goal of using Fallen Stars. If you wanted a Fallen Star who can actually do something to Sucicune, you could try CM Raikou. =/

I may add more in the morning but it's getting late. Good Luck.

You seem to suffer from a lack of a GOAL to this team. What are you trying to accomplish? A goal is the first step to victory. You may not see it, but it will eventually become evident.

For example, I once had a fairly solid team that didn't have a goal to it. I peaked at around 1480 on Smogon OU when I realized that I was losing because there was no goal, no centralizing idea to the team.

Long story short, are you trying to get a NPTomb sweep? If so, adjust your team to accomplish that. (chew).

aggronrules

Can't touch this.
dont u need impish donphan?get scarfed heatran not spiritomb....

The Mighty Wurmple

Go with Stealth Rock on Donphan, the only coverage you gain from Poison Jab is some Grass types, and you have Ice Shard to help with that. You also have Porygon2, Heracross, Spiritomb and Alakazam to deal with Grass types. The residual damage always helps.

windsong

WEST SIDE
Interesting team. However I have noticed a few flaws.

Major Threats

Scizor
Lucario
Suicune

1. Scizor - First of all, no one on your team can take a Bullet Punch. Porygon2 is 3HKOd but can't do anything other than paralyze Scizor.Duggy, and Ala are easy OHKOs fro CB versions. Hera takes 80%. Tomb takes 50%. Donphan is 2HKOd if it's taken Life Orb damage and switched. SD Scizor would be even more problematic. After an SD even Porygon2 is 2HKOd.

There is one Pokemon who is already on your team who can remedy this. Spiritomb. You have plenty of offense already in Hera/Dugtrio/Ala. Going for a more defensive spread, and slapping WoW on him would be nearly a surefire counter.

2. Lucario - Now that we've covered that, let's move on to Lucario. After an SD He can OHKO everything on your team barring Spiritomb who would be 2HKOd by Ice Punch/Crunch/Stone Edge. Just like for the Scizor problem, changing Tomb to a more defensive set could cover this.

3. Suicune - After a Calm Mind, all you can do is Trick a Scarf, which will be very obvious. I would recommend a Phazer in Porygon2's spot, namely Gyarados. If you went to Gyara you could also check Luke and Scizor. However, I do not want to disrupt the team's goal of using Fallen Stars. If you wanted a Fallen Star who can actually do something to Sucicune, you could try CM Raikou. =/

I may add more in the morning but it's getting late. Good Luck.

OK, i dealt with that all. this was a very helpful rate on your part. The team is working fine now, and Spiritomb is being much more annoying than i remembered.
Raiku is working fine.

You seem to suffer from a lack of a GOAL to this team. What are you trying to accomplish? A goal is the first step to victory. You may not see it, but it will eventually become evident.

For example, I once had a fairly solid team that didn't have a goal to it. I peaked at around 1480 on Smogon OU when I realized that I was losing because there was no goal, no centralizing idea to the team.

Long story short, are you trying to get a NPTomb sweep? If so, adjust your team to accomplish that. (chew).

Lol, often my goal is just to win. But i guess if your serious to finding a centralizing idea to this team its to let Raiku get up there with Calm Mind and then have a bit of a sweep....the others to support and take down bulky electrics and steels first?

dont u need impish donphan?get scarfed heatran not spiritomb....

Read the opening of this team....
also, donphan isnt a wall so much as an anti lead, so i really dont need him impish or anything.
Please read the team description before you rate. =)

Go with Stealth Rock on Donphan, the only coverage you gain from Poison Jab is some Grass types, and you have Ice Shard to help with that. You also have Porygon2, Heracross, Spiritomb and Alakazam to deal with Grass types. The residual damage always helps.

OK, thanks. Got it down.

Sc1z0r

Why is porygon's name raiku?

And on dugtrio you don't really need pursuit. Is that just for latias and cresselia or what? I would go with aerial ace for heracrosses, which you cant really do much damage to.

windsong

WEST SIDE
Why is porygon's name raiku?

And on dugtrio you don't really need pursuit. Is that just for latias and cresselia or what? I would go with aerial ace for heracrosses, which you cant really do much damage to.

the porygon was a mistake. i changed it to a raiku. i fixed the pic.
heracross arent often seen i the OU metagame anymore (and is thus on this team). Arena Trap has no effect on Latias or Cresselia (or any Dragon Types), so i prefer to keep it over aerial ace.