• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fallout Series Discussion Thread

Pokemon_Veteran

Poké Sage
This thread is dedicated to the discussion of any game in the Fallout series. I have been a fan since I first played Fallout 3. These games have a lot to talk about.

Things like your strategies and techniques you use in playing the game, favorite moments of the story, your play style, and anything else that may concern this series.

Fallout 4 was released this past Tuesday. I am anxious to play it, though my copy on PC is still downloading. When I bought the physical copy only to learn it contains a portion of the game, I was irritated, mainly because I have a slow Internet connection. Aside from that I know I will be blown away by this game.

Who else has any thoughts on this series.

Zyon

NUM NUM NUM
Fallout 3 was my first as well on the 360, I played a ton of it but I never got the chance to play any of the DLC. I managed to grab both New Vegas and Skyrim on PC earlier this year and I've been playing a lot of that until I say Fallout 4 was announced.

I was really excited to see Bethesda announce the game was coming out within the same year of it's announcement. I rode the hype train for five months to it's release and boy was it worth it. While of course nothing is perfect, this game is much better then I had hoped it to be. The settlements, gun/armor mods, power armor, muliti layer armor, new perk chart, the list of new features to the game goes on. I originally wanted to get it on PC(still do), but due to recent events I decided to get it on PS4 first. Later on when all the DLC is bundled with the game I'll pick it up for PC than.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Fallout 4 was released this past Tuesday. I am anxious to play it, though my copy on PC is still downloading. When I bought the physical copy only to learn it contains a portion of the game, I was irritated, mainly because I have a slow Internet connection. Aside from that I know I will be blown away by this game.

That's disappointing. I've not really played any previous versions, but I know several enthusiastic fans, so I was thinking about buying it for PC (because I don't have a PS4 or Xbox), however I do not have good internet either. Guess I'll have to find out how many MB/GB it is to download, so I'll know if I can even bother going somewhere else to download it. - I'd also be interested in anyone's opinion on console vs computer (like how SIMS is dreadful on console compared to the computer versions, and I'm worried this might be a reverse situation of that).

Pokemon_Veteran

Poké Sage
The physical copy contains little over 5GB of 24GB. Downloading 19GB at a peak 1.5Mbps download will take about 2 days. I just hope play through the whole story. So many fun distractions, in Fallout New Vegas, I didn't exactly complete the story, though I came close.
I did wish Fallout New Vegas had the dart gun from Fallout 3. That weapon made Deathclaws a joke as it crippled both legs of them, and nearly anyone else you shot with it.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I went out and bought Fallout 4 for Xbox One and I'm loving every second of the game! So far I'm level 10, and I've been working on my very first settlement. I'm relatively new to the Fallout games. I played a tiny bit of Fallout 3 and that was about it. Playing Fallout 4 has been very fun I'm glad I picked up this game!

Pokemon_Veteran

Poké Sage
I have played Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas. Both are great games, though Fallout 4 is incredible. I have heard of a bug that crashes the game, though I hope Bethesda releases a patch well before I advance to that part of the game. Pretty much been playing it most of the weekend. As for software bugs, I do expect some at the initial release, especially since this game is huge.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I hate fallout 4's Dogmeat. He gets in the way in buildings, at least once i told him to stay and he ran into a turret anyway, and a gust of wind can KO him. He also runs into fights when i try to sneak around the area.

I feel bad wanting to leave him in Sanctuary, but he's also a horrible companion.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Another complaint, not really sure if it spoils anything or not.

The minutemen gave me a quest to help a Settlement thats all the way to the East of the map. I tried heading for it, figuring that since they gave it to me this early i should be able to handle it.

Turns out all the enemys in the area are level 30-40. I'm level 11 and they all have Skulls next to thier names. This means i wont be able to do any more of the Minutemen questline until i beat the game.

and i cant reload a save to try for an easier settlement unless i want to lose 4 hours of Progress.

Game is very fun except for small moments like this.

Pokemon_Veteran

Poké Sage
I have been playing it and set my base at the Red Rocket Truck Stop, just southeast of Sanctuary. I am really enjoying the process of building settlements. I am level 9, which I would be further along if it wasn't that my full time job would eat away my time and energy, I'd be much further in progress.

LizardonX

Banned
Another complaint, not really sure if it spoils anything or not.

The minutemen gave me a quest to help a Settlement thats all the way to the East of the map. I tried heading for it, figuring that since they gave it to me this early i should be able to handle it.

Turns out all the enemys in the area are level 30-40. I'm level 11 and they all have Skulls next to thier names. This means i wont be able to do any more of the Minutemen questline until i beat the game.

and i cant reload a save to try for an easier settlement unless i want to lose 4 hours of Progress.

Game is very fun except for small moments like this.

Put on that power armor and bust out the Fat Man.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Anybody gone into Eustace's house in Diamond City?

Talk about Crazy Cat Lady...

Also, I am level 13? I think. Settlements are an awesome addition, I like the customization aspect of the game.

Though I can say I f***ing hate ghouls. They made those things scary as all hell in this installment. Especially when you walk into a building with them laying on the ground like they're dead.

Also, Codsworth OP

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Put on that power armor and bust out the Fat Man.

Except i only had 2 mini nukes. Suppose I Could have used the Mini gun to mow them down like the Deathclaw in Concord.

But, I just reloaded a previous save for an easier settlement. Might still have to use the Mini Gun strategy for the "Taking Independence" quest, though.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
So what 'special' weapons have you guys got?

I have got the Deathclaw Gauntlets, Junk Jet, Cryolator, Kremvh's Tooth, and Shishkebab.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I only have the Junk Jet so far. Could get the Cryolator but i dont want to "cheat"

I'm mainly looking for the Railway rifle, because it was my favorite in fallout 3

shadcat1206

in the shadows i lie
So what 'special' weapons have you guys got?

I have got the Deathclaw Gauntlets, Junk Jet, Cryolator, Kremvh's Tooth, and Shishkebab.

Wait, the Shishkebab is in this game?
How do you obtain it? I must have it

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
Finally got on the Pwydlin. Is cool I guess. I'm gonna go do the easy EXP exploit now. The encumbrance system is really p!ssing me off, so I have no problem cheating a few levels to get the perk to increase weight limit.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I had a hard time getting the 2000 caps to buy the house in Diamond City.

I kept picking up stuff i didnt want to sell and then i'd have a full inventory. Which then led to me not being able to pick up stuff i could sell. Then i didnt know if there was anywhere safe to store stuff until i bought the house.

wasnt until after i bought the house did i find a Basement/bunker in Sanctuary that i could hide stuff in.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I had a hard time getting the 2000 caps to buy the house in Diamond City.

I kept picking up stuff i didnt want to sell and then i'd have a full inventory. Which then led to me not being able to pick up stuff i could sell. Then i didnt know if there was anywhere safe to store stuff until i bought the house.

wasnt until after i bought the house did i find a Basement/bunker in Sanctuary that i could hide stuff in.

You can safely store anything in any container in a settlement.

I've got all my things stored in a metal box in Red Rocket.

Also, I finally got the Railway Rifle and I love the thing! It's amazing and just pure fun to see someone's head nailed to a wall or floor because of it.