• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fallout Series Discussion Thread

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
See, i thought if i stored anything in Sanctuary(besides in the Bunker), the settlers would grab and use it.

Especially after reading they can use the power armor if you dont grab the Fusion core.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
See, i thought if i stored anything in Sanctuary(besides in the Bunker), the settlers would grab and use it.

Especially after reading they can use the power armor if you dont grab the Fusion core.

They of course can use power armor with a fusion core intact. However they can't grab items from containers unless commanded to so you're safe there.

Also I believe the easiest character to romance has to be Danse. All you have to do is hop in and out of power suits. Plus, I think he gives you a perk that allows you to deal extra damage to all enemies? I may be wrong.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Decided to give fallout 4 a break for a week and go back to Fallout 3.

Edit: I dont remember Fallout 3 being this difficult. I run out of ammo alot easier than i remember and i use Stimpaks like candy

Maybe it's because we cant aim down sights, or because im playing as a male character for a change ;)

Last edited:

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
My cousin got me onto Fallout 3 five years ago and it remains my favorite to this day. I've played all the DLC content. I got back into playing New Vegas late last year and ended up playing the Dead Money DLC for the first time. Had already did the other DLCs a few years ago.

I was more hyped for FO4 game than any other. I even sold my GTA V game towards the purchase. I was able to get the game and the guide for only $35! I even got the Premium guide when i was supposed to get the standard guide. I think the guide at Gamestop was so confused and busy that night at the launch that he overlooked it. I sure didn't say nothing about it! lol

But unfortunately, like others out there, the game didn't really live up to my expectations. Too few dialogue choices, not enough explanatory for certain points in the game, too much focus on crafting and building. I founf myself playing it less and less up until the point where i had pawned it. I mean i'm able to get it back if I wanted to but, i'm not in any rush to get it back though. So i'm back to playing FO3 for the third time.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I got into Fallout 3 like most here, and that's how I was introduced. I then got New Vegas and shortly after the GOTY editions.

Fallout 4 is good but it'll never top New Vegas. You could literally kill EVERYONE in New Vegas, in 4..... it's ridiculous how many people are essential. What if I hate the Minutemen, huh? I have the right to kill them off. That was one of the many reasons Yes Man is one of my top favorite characters, heck he won Watch Mojo's most popular Fallout character thing.

And I was sad you can't keep Deacon in two of the four endings...... I love the Brotherhood but can't keep that ending as my main save due to losing him. So the Minutemen was my choice, so the Railroad and Brotherhood both exist and are friends with me.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
one of my only complaints of fallout 4 is that the Karma system is nonexistent. They force you to play as a Good Guy the whole time.

Which makes no sense if you side with the BoS or the Institute.

Zoruagible

one of my only complaints of fallout 4 is that the Karma system is nonexistent. They force you to play as a Good Guy the whole time.

Which makes no sense if you side with the BoS or the Institute.

BoS are the good guys. They hate Synths which is perfectly justified as Synths SHOULDN'T be trusted unless their name is Nick Valentine. The only Synth I liked in the entire game.

Institute is just pure evil and the worst of the endings. You can't change them after becoming leader, nor do you ever get an explanation for them replacing humans with Synths.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
BoS want to kill everything thats not Human. That includes Codsworth, Curie, and all the Friendly Ghouls in Goodneighbor.

I read somewhere that they've been compared to the Enclave of Fallout 3.

Zoruagible

The Fallout DLC looks awesome, except for the crafting one. I don't craft stuff so it's a waste to me. I'll just capture Deathclaws and pen Preston in with them as punishment.

BoS want to kill everything thats not Human. That includes Codsworth, Curie, and all the Friendly Ghouls in Goodneighbor.

I read somewhere that they've been compared to the Enclave of Fallout 3.

Nothing wrong with that. They're not against Codsworth though. Just Synths, Ghouls, and other abominations. Humanity's survival is the goal of the game.
Like the cut part of Danse's companion mission was making you/him the new Elder as Maxon won't be accepting of a Synth. I love the idea someone had that Sarah Lyons(His childhood crush) was killed by Synths hence his vendetta against them.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Been almost a month since anyone posted here.

I like that we will be getting new DLC every month it seems. I'm curious about that Fight Club DLC though. Are we gonna have to build arenas to fight in or are they going to add a Specific location? I think I'll enjoy the Robot DLC more until Far Harbor.

Also, wasted/spent yesterday doing nothing but MILA and other Railroad missions. It was Awesome :p

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Nothing wrong with that. They're not against Codsworth though. Just Synths, Ghouls, and other abominations. Humanity's survival is the goal of the game.
Like the cut part of Danse's companion mission was making you/him the new Elder as Maxon won't be accepting of a Synth. I love the idea someone had that Sarah Lyons(His childhood crush) was killed by Synths hence his vendetta against them.

Well I mean there's a fine line between exterminating anything that threats the survival of humanity, and mass genocide of a species because they aren't human. Ghouls that are just that, do not threaten the survival of humanity, neither do most synths such as Paladin Danse and Nick Valentine, they both dedicated their lives to aid humanity. Eradicating ferals and super mutants that threaten humanity is something that is fine, hell I'd even say eradicating the raiders is an OK thing considering they only care about their sole survival rather than humanity's survival in general.

What the Brotherhood is doing is mass genocide and it's wrong. If they want to ensure humanity's survival they'll have to accept that sharing the planet with Ghouls and Synths will be something that they'll need to do. Otherwise it causes a panic like you see in Fallout 4 with the synth scares, people killing other people due to suspicion of being a synth.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
So anyone know exactly when in March the first DLC comes out?

The Website just says March 2016 and im really hoping it doesnt end up being the end of March. With any luck it'll be March 1st with the season pass price increase.

baguette

I'm still frustrated by how flat Fallout 4 is from a writing perspective but it's what I expected from Bethesda, since Skyrim is literally the epitome of "looks nice but who actually cares about ANYTHING going on in this world."
Just makes me sad because especially FO1, 2 and NV were hilarious and had lots of memorable NPCs. Even 3 had that woman you do the survival guide quests for. (and Gary. Gary I will never forget you)
But FO4 is just...I've played it quite a bit because I was in the mood for shooting things and the only NPC I can remember is Mama Murphy and my burning hatred of her.
Also the dialogue wheel layout has got to be the worst design choice I have ever seen. half of the time I have no idea if I'm agreeing with a person or mocking them when just looking at the dialogue options. But everyone's cried about that already lol.

Tho I must say the thought of capturing Deathclaws and unleashing them in Diamond City does sound appealing...

Last edited:

Zoruagible

The achievements for Automatron DLC are already out. It should be coming soon. :D

Can't wait to have that Sentry Bot companion.
Now I just need a Deathclaw companion......

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
So it would seem that Automatron is coming on March 22. According to the message i saw on xbox this morning.

Curious to see if the Factions or Citizens react to the robots we build. Like Vault 81 when we bring Dogmeat or Strong in.

Edit: We can Customize Codsworth and pre-Synth Curie with the Robot Builder. Ive been wanting to de-rust Codsworth since the game first came out.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Ada gives me hope that we'll see extra permanent companions come into play in later DLC, like the one in April. (Hopefully another romanceable female.....)

And I love the robots but it sucks we're still limited to ONE companion, wish we could at least have Dogmeat tag along like Rex/ED-E in New Vegas.
The carrying capacity these robots have is awesome too. 500+ if you have a maxed out Sentry Bot.
Only disappointing thing about the DLC is you can't have an Eyebot companion.... just Eyebots that go out to collect scrap for you.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
My problem with the DLC is you have to have Science and Robot Expert Perks to build some of the Robot Parts. Means i have to spend 6 levels to get the perks, before i can build some of the parts.

and Ada is almost useless until you upgrade her. Slow because of the protectron legs and then no long range weapons. Making Codsworth into a RoboBrain was fun though.

Just read that Far Harbor in May is Bigger than Shivering Isles from Oblivion, how ever big that was.

fhqwhgads

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Wasteland Workshop is now offically being released on April 12.

Still not sure about how getting Creatures to fight will work, but maybe its a short set of missions like Automatron had. Thought i heard you can capture Raiders though, so that'd be interesting.

Maybe trying it will change my mind.

PhoviaZ

I kinda want to try Fallout but at the same time horror games are not my thing and I heard it has horror elements but I do like the concept of making choices in games. :)