• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fallout Series Discussion Thread

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
there are really only 2 "scary locations" in fallout 4 that i know of. Dunwich Borers and maybe the Museum of Witchcraft.

otherwise it might just be molerats popping out of the ground, or ghouls pretending to be dead.

Fallout 4 isnt really a Horror game at all.

PhoviaZ

there are really only 2 "scary locations" in fallout 4 that i know of. Dunwich Borers and maybe the Museum of Witchcraft.

otherwise it might just be molerats popping out of the ground, or ghouls pretending to be dead.

Fallout 4 isnt really a Horror game at all.

Ah ok so it is not PT or Last of Us scary.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I love that we can get Synth Gorillas in our settlements.
Sanctuary is going to be a real fortress now. Concrete walls, Sentry Bot guards, Deathclaw pets, a Synth Gorilla........ I just need Wasteland Whisperer and to hunt meat. I have a lot of every other crafting source.

And Preston still can't die, boo! Console mods soon will fix that, death by Deathclaws Preston! I don't care about your settlements in need. Raiders across the Commonwealth are danger? lol

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I dont remember seeing the Synth Gorilla option in Settlement building. What category is it under?

on an unrelated note, I constantly forget that Legendary Robots explode on death. I have died many times while trying to loot the legendary item off of thier bodies.

Zoruagible

End of the month...... Fall Harbor soon. I really hope we get some new perks.
And console mods for us Xbox users..... I probably won't use anything except skin mods.

I dont remember seeing the Synth Gorilla option in Settlement building. What category is it under?

on an unrelated note, I constantly forget that Legendary Robots explode on death. I have died many times while trying to loot the legendary item off of thier bodies.

Cages, you need to beat the game though.

And I did too in the middle of the Mechanist Hideout the first time, had to do the whole flipping thing over and I was right near the end too.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I havent even touched Cages yet. Though, I've heard a few people havent unlocked the Gorilla cages even after beating the main story.

I had such a hard time fighting the Mechanists Robot swarm. The turret bot destroyed my health many, many, many times before i finally won. Weird since the rest of the quests were easy.

ebevan91

Has anyone else been playing Survival mode on PC?

Zoruagible

I havent even touched Cages yet. Though, I've heard a few people havent unlocked the Gorilla cages even after beating the main story.

I had such a hard time fighting the Mechanists Robot swarm. The turret bot destroyed my health many, many, many times before i finally won. Weird since the rest of the quests were easy.

You can actually skip the entire fight at the end of the DLC. I might do that sometime when I make another character. That fight was just so tedious.

And I hope the cages get fixed sometime, maybe when Far Harbor hits

Has anyone else been playing Survival mode on PC?

Nope, my PC can barely play GTA V so I know it can't play this. Waiting for it to hit consoles then starting up a new BoS run with Survival Mode. Can't fast travel but those Vertibirds are the next best thing.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I saw a video on Youtube that you can use the Silver Shroud costume to get a unique conversation with the Mechanist. Unfortunately i didnt learn about it until after i talked her down normally.

Was kind of hoping Far Harbor would release Today on the 1st. I know it was a long shot but, thats what happens when they give a vague date.

Zoruagible

The trailer is out. I looks amazing!
Only part I hated was "Please help me find my daughter!" ......again seriously? What's with the missing daughters and boats Bethesda?

I saw a video on Youtube that you can use the Silver Shroud costume to get a unique conversation with the Mechanist. Unfortunately i didnt learn about it until after i talked her down normally.

Was kind of hoping Far Harbor would release Today on the 1st. I know it was a long shot but, thats what happens when they give a vague date.

I heard about that as some countries get it a few hours earlier than us. I just didn't take it in with me as I was being torn apart by those robots. Took in the best armor I had and was carrying all the mods I picked up, not knowing everything unlocked after you beat her(Which praise Atom for that, I couldn't find ANY Sentry parts)

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Unfortunantly Far Harbor is still so "Far" away. Almost 2 weeks from now.

Wonder what the minimum level for starting Far Harbor will be though. Automatron was lvl 15, so I assume FH will be 20-25.

Im also interested in what the new Faction quests will be like.

Zoruagible

Apparently using mods on the console version can disable achievements. I find that harsh, some people just want cosmetic mods not game changing ones.

Wonder what the minimum level for starting Far Harbor will be though. Automatron was lvl 15, so I assume FH will be 20-25.

There is none. You just have to finish a certain quest. I forget which one exactly.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
There is none. You just have to finish a certain quest. I forget which one exactly.

Maybe its the Quest where you Save Valentine from Vault 114.

If i remember correctly the DLC is us and Nick investigating a case on an Island near Maine. Cant do that if he's stuck in Vault 114 with Skinny Malone.

Zoruagible

So the old guy in the Far Harbor trailer is actually a companion. I thought he probably was, he was in quite a few scenes.
His name is Longfellow.

Hopefully there are more companions.
And maybe for people who own Wasteland Workshop, cages for the new creatures are unlocked. I hope so cause if we get Wasteland Workshop 2.0, I'll get angry. I want more missions, maps, weapons, companions, perks, etc. This isn't Minecraft, this is Fallout. And with mods coming to Xbox One sometime after Far Harbor and a month later for Playstation people, there really isn't a need for dedicating more DLC to crafting.

Maybe its the Quest where you Save Valentine from Vault 114.

If i remember correctly the DLC is us and Nick investigating a case on an Island near Maine. Cant do that if he's stuck in Vault 114 with Skinny Malone.

Yeah, or possibly when he gets unlocked as a companion when you go after Kellogg.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I'm kind of hoping that in a future DLC we run into an area like Oasis from Fallout 3. A place that has green trees and plants like before the Great War.

Maybe not with a Ghoul/mutant keeping it alive like Harold, but i think it'd be cool to see another "pre-war" looking area.

Especially with Fallout 4's Graphics compared to Fallout 3's.

Last edited:

LuxrayStar

im playing Fallout 3 now :3 Its really fun, but i get scared easily be almost everything...

Zoruagible

Yep, "Getting a Clue" which completes with you meeting up with Dogmeat to track down Kellogg.

I'm kind of hoping that in a future DLC we run into an area like Oasis from Fallout 3. A place that has green trees and plants like before the Great War.

Maybe not with a Ghoul/mutant keeping it alive like Harold, but i think it'd be cool to see another "pre-war" looking area.

Especially with Fallout 4's Graphics compared to Fallout 3's.

I would love that. Maybe even have some creatures thought to have been extinct. Like maybe real gorillas.

Cats used to be extinct in the Fallout universe, but they're around in 4.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I would love that. Maybe even have some creatures thought to have been extinct. Like maybe real gorillas.

Cats used to be extinct in the Fallout universe, but they're around in 4.

I kind of wonder now what the main quest of the Pre-War area would be.

Trying to Expand the area feels like a repeat of Oasis. Only other thing i could think of is defending it from some faction.

Also, Cats never went Extinct. Hawthorne was just hiding them all in his house :p

Zoruagible

Far Harbor is probably my favorite DLC ever for Fallout.
Only thing that is BAD is the forced block puzzle, that's also glitched so you might not even be able to pass it. Can't get the Children of Atom ending achievement as first it would just infinite load after I got the second puzzle done.
Just backed out after doing the first one and went to the new objective I got. Came back later and don't have any turrets to place down.... can't craft any. Looked into it and only PC players are lucky enough to get a fix via mods.

But the Vim soda theme Power armor is amazing! Hopefully Nuka World gives us a Nuka Cola themed Power Armor.

And it had so many options. I did the "peace" ending and after getting Kasumi home I betrayed Dima to the Institute and we reclaimed our rightful property. Can't wait until my BoS character can come here to see what telling them about the colony is like.

And the Marine armor is awesome! And Brooke's Marine helmet goes along perfectly with it.

Hermit Crabs and Fog Crawlers are OP though..... took THREE mini nukes at max Demolition perk to kill Ship Breaker

Please help me with fallout 4 questions

So my ps4 automatically somehow updated my fallout 4 game with the new patch even though i never went to update it. I didnt want this to happen but it did. I know i cant get rid of it. It sucks.

I was searching through a forum and someone said that they made far harbor free when you downloaded the patch.

Is this true? If so how do i start the mission? Do i still have to download it?

Also are there still glitches etc that you can do?