• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

fame checker

shadorai

wandering trainer
did you take the time to complete the fame checker in firered and leafgreen? i saw it as a side quest, which i tend to like, so i did it. i have to say, it was pretty fun gathering the info about famous trainers and finding out cool stuff about them, like how lance buys his capes from the celadon department store.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Yeah, I really liked the Fame Checker too. I love learning new things about various characters, so I made sure to complete it.
The Fame Checker is actually the reason I discovered Serebii in the first place - I had to look up the last few entries I was missing, and found Serebii.net in the results. :)

Cutty

Forever now
I've never used the Fame Checker... now that it's mentioned.

#MustTry

Kalosian

So long
I think I completed it once in one of the games, but didn't bother with it in the other. Which was a bad idea as I really liked the Fame Checker, it might not have served any real purpose but it gave some interesting trivia and information about the various people you met in these games.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I didn't even bother completing it until after I completed the National Pokedex. I thought something cool would happen when I filled all the pages with the various trivia, but all I got were some random phrases from the characters after I had finished gathering the info. It seemed kind of redundant in my opinion.

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
I almost never use the Fame Checker except when I wanted to read some pep talks about other characters, nothing else.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
I tried to...but am missing one thing: info on Daisy that I can't seem to find, so that's the only thing missing. That one thing that I've been trying to find for years.

spyrosgost

OFFLINE FOR EVER
Never used it cause i think that it's worthless

CMD Calcio

L'Amore per Sempre
I completed it a long time ago but haven't ever looked over the entries until today. Wow...did that bring back memories or what?

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I just went back to check now since I've been reminded of its existence, and I haven't completed it. I'm missing one from Daisy, and another from Koga. I'm sure Bulbapedia or another website has answers to the Fame Checker, but I'm not going to bother trying to complete it, since I don't think there's even a reward for it. I haven't been playing my LeafGreen in a long time anyway, so it's pretty pointless for me to do that.

Now was the feature kinda interesting? Yeah, I learned a little bit more about those in the Fame Checker, but otherwise, it was just something that was optional, and kinda forgettable unless I was searching through my bag. It's not as pointless as the Techy TV, but they were just dumb inclusions that didn't move the game along at all. The fact I have that habit where I talk to every NPC as much as possible kinda helped in filling it out as much as it has, but again, I wasn't actively searching for the facts.