1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Family Guy should have ended already?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Masterge77, Oct 16, 2011.

?

Should Family Guy have ended already?

1. Yes, it's long past it's prime

48 vote(s)
    53.3%
  2. No, it should continue!

42 vote(s)
    46.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Masterge77

Masterge77 Floatzel rules!

While a lot of people heard the rumor of Simpsons cancellation, this was recently announced in a recent interview with Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane:

Source: Seth MacFarlane: Maybe 'Family Guy' Should Have Ended Already

I found this to be, needless to say, suprising that MacFarlane wanted Family Guy to end.

2. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

Family Guy makes more money then all his other show combinded. No point in ending it.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  3. Smokay

Smokay Let madness take you

well, he's KNOWN for family guy, so he should just drop something else instead

4. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

I think it should end, I don't think it's that exciting.

5. Calamity™

Calamity™ aka Lamia

Family Guy should never end! It's my favourite cartoon show and it's never boring, even after all the series! In my opinion anyway.

6. jamaela18

jamaela18 All-Round Breeder

Family guy is a great show. I think I would be very disapointed if it stoped...:(

7. #Gecko#

#Gecko# The Essential One

Family Guy is still going strong and it's his main show. Although it has past its prime, I would rather have him drop The Cleveland Show instead as its sometimes lackluster.

8. Autis-misc

Autis-misc Abridger

Well... Family guy is getting slightly pointless... but ever since the cleveland show came out we need it to stay so we can actually tell the difference between a white guy with 3 kids and a black guy with 3 kids.

9. Vernikova

Vernikova Champion

10. Korusan

Korusan Banned

Family Guy is an unfunny show. Get rid of it so we can free up time on the network for something actually good.

11. Banana Knight Arthur

Banana Knight Arthur NEGATIVE MINUS

If they are to cancel FG, they might as well cancel Cleveland show and American Dad.

12. Absol6028

Absol6028 What did you say...?

Family Guy is amazing! I'ma be pissed if it ever gets cancelled>_>

13. rocky505

rocky505 Well-Known Member

Cancel Cleveland Show not FG or AD they are funny more often than CS.

14. Aquadon

Aquadon TCG Trainer

Family Guy's been losing steam for a while, although American Dad has gotten consistently funnier. I would have no qualms if Family Guy ended, or Cleveland Show; I'd just like American Dad to keep running for a while.

15. Harmonie

Harmonie ♫ Ad vivere

The Cleveland Show should be canceled far before Family Guy.

Honestly, if they got rid of Family Guy they probably wouldn't replace it with something good. You know, like King of the Hill wasn't replaced with anything good. Such a shame they had to end that show when it was still really good.

16. kaiser soze

kaiser soze Reading ADWD

Cleveland Show is in the last season of it's 3-year contract.

I have to wonder how much of the "unfuniness" is from Fox leadership, as opposed to SMcF himself.

17. Squirtle102

Squirtle102 The Best Squirtle102

Honestly Family Guy will keep going. It's a great hit with fans. The Cleveland Show will go first.

18. charizardfan

charizardfan Well-Known Member

Don't really care either way. I can still get a few laughs out of Family Guy now and then, but it's not a show I'd ever miss.

19. .Bambi.

.Bambi. Be Wise, Tell Lies.

A long-running show is bound to get stale at some point...it's inevitable. But with good writing it can go for quite a while. Look at The Simpsons: yes, it is WAY past its prime now, but its first 11 or 12 seasons were gold.

I don't understand how Seth can be so passive about a show he fought to get back on the air. I think he should relish the opportunity few shows get [to be revived] and understand that Family Guy WOULDN'T be back on the air without the fans. I think it may be a case of him spreading himself too thin between the 3 shows. I actually do really enjoy The Cleveland Show; American Dad, however, has never really been that great. It doesn't take much to see that Roger carries the show completely. Roger definitely is the breakout star of American Dad, but that doesn't mean the show should rely solely on him for the laughs [which it does].

Maybe Seth is spreading himself too thin. Or maybe he's made his multi-millions and is over it? Re-reuns of his 3 shows alone should keep him rich for the rest of his life...maybe he wants to retire?

20. WillieNelson

WillieNelson Well-Known Member

And I 10000000% agree with that opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.