• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Family Guy should have ended already?

Should Family Guy have ended already?

• Yes, it's long past it's prime

Votes: 48 53.3%
  • No, it should continue!

Votes: 42 46.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterge77

Floatzel rules!
While a lot of people heard the rumor of Simpsons cancellation, this was recently announced in a recent interview with Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane:

(EndPlay Staff Reports) - Hollywood it comes to the unstoppable Seth MacFarlane, one would expect him never to want one of his successful series to end. However, MacFarlane revealed to The Hollywood Reporter that his biggest hit, "Family Guy," should have ended years ago.

The multi-talented 37-year-old explained that he thinks seven seasons is a good run for a television series, and that "Family Guy," now in its tenth season, should end while it's going strong. His fans disagree with him.

"I talk to the fans and in a way I'm kind of secretly hoping for them to say, 'We're done with it.' And there are plenty of people who say the show is kind of over the hill … but still the vast majority go pale in the face when I mention the possibility," MacFarlane explained.

MacFarlane, who is also the creator of the successful series "American Dad" and "The Cleveland Show," both of which he isn't looking to end, would instead like to release "Family Guy" movies every few years after leaving fans with a great final television episode.

"Creatively, that would be the way to do it for me. Do a really fantastic final episode while the show is still strong," he said.

Besides his cartoon trifecta on FOX, MacFarlane is busy getting ready to launch other projects. One of which is a reboot of "The Flinstones" that will tentatively come out in 2013.

MacFarlane's dream, though, would be to bring "Star Trek" back to TV.

The Emmy winner told the Hollywood Reporter, "I don't know who would give me the keys to that car. But I'd love to see that franchise revived for television in the way that it was in the 1990s: very thoughtful, smartly written stories that transcend the science fiction audience."

MacFarlane is also staying busy with the release of his album – that's right, he sings too.

A departure from the over-the-top humor on his animated series, "Music is Better than Words" is a compilation of Big Band songs, NPR reported.

"It's almost like you need the reverse of a Parental Advisory sticker," MacFarlane said. "It's just relaxed, great old music."

Source: Seth MacFarlane: Maybe 'Family Guy' Should Have Ended Already

I found this to be, needless to say, suprising that MacFarlane wanted Family Guy to end.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
Family Guy makes more money then all his other show combinded. No point in ending it.

Last edited:

Smokay

Let madness take you
well, he's KNOWN for family guy, so he should just drop something else instead

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I think it should end, I don't think it's that exciting.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
Family Guy should never end! It's my favourite cartoon show and it's never boring, even after all the series! In my opinion anyway.

jamaela18

All-Round Breeder
Family guy is a great show. I think I would be very disapointed if it stoped...:(

#Gecko#

The Essential One
Family Guy is still going strong and it's his main show. Although it has past its prime, I would rather have him drop The Cleveland Show instead as its sometimes lackluster.

Autis-misc

Abridger
Well... Family guy is getting slightly pointless... but ever since the cleveland show came out we need it to stay so we can actually tell the difference between a white guy with 3 kids and a black guy with 3 kids.

rocky505

Cancel Cleveland Show not FG or AD they are funny more often than CS.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Family Guy's been losing steam for a while, although American Dad has gotten consistently funnier. I would have no qualms if Family Guy ended, or Cleveland Show; I'd just like American Dad to keep running for a while.

Harmonie

♫ Ad vivere
Family Guy is an unfunny show. Get rid of it so we can free up time on the network for something actually good.

The Cleveland Show should be canceled far before Family Guy.

Honestly, if they got rid of Family Guy they probably wouldn't replace it with something good. You know, like King of the Hill wasn't replaced with anything good. Such a shame they had to end that show when it was still really good.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Cleveland Show is in the last season of it's 3-year contract.

I have to wonder how much of the "unfuniness" is from Fox leadership, as opposed to SMcF himself.

charizardfan

Don't really care either way. I can still get a few laughs out of Family Guy now and then, but it's not a show I'd ever miss.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
A long-running show is bound to get stale at some point...it's inevitable. But with good writing it can go for quite a while. Look at The Simpsons: yes, it is WAY past its prime now, but its first 11 or 12 seasons were gold.

I don't understand how Seth can be so passive about a show he fought to get back on the air. I think he should relish the opportunity few shows get [to be revived] and understand that Family Guy WOULDN'T be back on the air without the fans. I think it may be a case of him spreading himself too thin between the 3 shows. I actually do really enjoy The Cleveland Show; American Dad, however, has never really been that great. It doesn't take much to see that Roger carries the show completely. Roger definitely is the breakout star of American Dad, but that doesn't mean the show should rely solely on him for the laughs [which it does].

Maybe Seth is spreading himself too thin. Or maybe he's made his multi-millions and is over it? Re-reuns of his 3 shows alone should keep him rich for the rest of his life...maybe he wants to retire?

Status
Not open for further replies.