1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Famitsu Cup Tournament

Discussion in 'Nintendo Formats' started by Haru Glory, Nov 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haru Glory

Haru Glory 3DS: 1864-9474-4763

As the website news says, a new Wi-Fi Tournament is going to run on December. 30.000 spaces, how many ones were last time?
    It will run from 7th to 23rd of the month, with days from 1st to 6th for entering the Tournament (as usual, via GBU). The cool thing is, this time ALL 646 Pokèmon will be allowed (except Legendaries, of course), and it will be played in Single Battles, which is awesome IMHO.

Post your own! :)

2. Haru Glory

Haru Glory 3DS: 1864-9474-4763

Bump! 10ch

3. Zachmac

Zachmac Crystalline Guardian

I don't think very many serebiians are entering. It's only for Japan.

Though I would expect some universal tournament like this in the future, so I think I'd better prepare.

4. jstinftw!

jstinftw! hontoni

Yeaahh.. Serebii's got more of an American audience, which kind of hinders people from commenting on this thread. The Famitsu Cup's a really cool idea. Although the legendary thing is going to sting a little, it's still really cool that it's an option.

Problem is, it's currently only available to either Japanese residents or those with the Japanese games. The good new is that because they can slide this time, there's a huge chance this will cross over to the International games as well.

So in short, I guess we can expect a tournament much like this (hopefully with a name just as cool) in the future.

5. floatzel98

floatzel98 → s o a r i n g

yeah this would be a really good idea if they were to do a global one next time. and being able to chose every pokemon makes it a lot easier to make teams for it.

6. kaiser soze

kaiser soze Reading ADWD

I'm going to hope this is "beta testing" for a future world-wide tournament, similar to the "Japan Cup is to Autumn Friendly" relationship.

7. mattj

mattj .

singles
    ick

8. ShaoWeh

ShaoWeh Member

Singles are too easy...
    Scrafty = Sweep

9. Zachmac

Zachmac Crystalline Guardian

A good player can stop scrafty. My Gyarados could easily phaze it, for example. Saying that is similar to saying "Terrakion+Whimiscott = Sweep". Someone good at double battles should be able to stop that, so why wouldn't someone good at singles be able to stop a scrafty?

If you fight a good player, it can be even harder then doubles.

Also, you've got to remember you won't be the only one using Scrafty.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  10. jstinftw!

jstinftw! hontoni

Actually, you can participate no matter where in the world you are so long as you have a Japanese Game Cartridge and a Japanese Global Link account.

11. Ψosiden

Ψosiden BOO!

Well I'm looking forward to a Global Version of this, or at least a Global Tournament which I'll remember to enter. At least this shows they're doing more tounaments, so there'll probably be more we can all enter (hopefully with less ragequitters). How long was it between the Japan Cup and the Autumn Freindly? That might give us an idea of how long we have to wait.

12. jstinftw!

jstinftw! hontoni

Agreed. I think it's awesome that Pokemon Company International is doing this. I'm excited for the next one! Hopefully my team is bred and I've had some time to break into them before it happens (unlike during the Autumn Friendly).

There was a week or two interval before the Famitsu Cup was announced. I think we might get one or two in before the next Regionals Tournament in the Spring. At least, I hope so. :)

13. kaiser soze

kaiser soze Reading ADWD

That still only applies to a minority of people here.

It's stuff like this that are tempting me to get the Japanese version whenever the next game comes out....

14. Assassin9399

Assassin9399 Wanna hug?

Welcome back Drizzle + Swift Swim and Excadrill

It will be awesome to have it, but there will be a lot of players who will be spamming some strategy's that are banned in Competitive play (I'm referring to Smogon)

15. Gundam Leafeon

Gundam Leafeon Well-Known Member

Anyone know when registration opens up?

16. Gundam Leafeon

Registration is open. I'm pretty sure I did it right.

Good luck everyone who participates.

17. Gamefreak

Gamefreak Well-Known Member

I might participate in this. Just use Drizzle + Swift Swim lol.

18. Casty

Casty Well-Known Member

I used Excadrill in 3 vs 3 and I can safely say that it sucks complete balls. Drizzle + SwSw less so, but it isn't such a big deal either. I'm honestly more worried about Miniblim + Scrafty, SubSD Garchomp and Guillotine Gliscor than any of the strategies/Pokemon you've mentioned.

Can't wait till the tourney (hopefully) arrives in US and Europe.

19. irock245

irock245 She wants it

Gullotine gliscor? what are these kids, noobs?(oh wait, most of them are.............)

20. Gundam Leafeon

Am I the only one playing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.