• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fan Comics Café

Mastercougar

The Infinite Fire
Both of them sound quite interesting, and I think either would be a breath of fresh air in this time of journey comics.

Personally, I'm not sure which I like better.

SecretMew

I think that if someone would make a journey comic it should have a good story with a good quality and being not so repetitive, what makes some of them end sooner or later poorly... At first I tried to make a kind of journey hand drawn comic for just fun "well that never started properly, had bad drawings and I was out of ideas" and that was when I was a lot younger. Well enough of that, the thing is that usually the characters just keep adventuring usually until it's all over, "like if the maker hasn't got enough of patience" and there seems to be no twists. The characters should have at least some kind of personality too. I haven't encountered spam on my comic thread though but I can't understand why people keep spamming when they know they might get banned for not obeying the rules...

blueguy

used Metronome!
Clockworkz said:
NeoGohan: I know EXACTLY how you feel. I love it when shitburger sprite comics get all the praise while handdrawn comics (like my Innocence Gone) get the big red x most of the time.
As a closing note: Journey Comics suck. Stop making them.

My lord. Pretention, anyone? -_- A small amount of the complaints made here about sprite comics are relevant; the rest is absolute jealous, ********. "Like oh. My. God. My comic is soooo great, and it's even better because it's handdrawn! Why don't I get buckets of attention! Poor me! I'm so, so great!" Sure, there are absolutely horrid comics that get more attention than certain comics, but are you people all that vain and stupid that you care about how much "attention" you get? You should make comics because you enjoy making them, not because you enjoy people worshipping the ground you walk on.

Of course there are bad sprite comics, but there are also bad hand drawn comics. There are also good hand drawn comics and good sprite comics, and while certain hand drawn comics may not receive as much attention as sprite comics, it doesn't matter at all, because if you're in comics as an attentionwh*re, you're not in it for the right reason.

As for you Clockworkz, I suggest you tame your ego before it gets the best of you, as mine did very early on. At this point, you speak about yourself in an almost godly manner, casually stating that your comic is excellent and being overshadowed by crap, which may or may not be true. I think the reason your comic has not been very popular is because it doesn't appeal to the audience that reads the comics in this forum. This is the Fan-Comics forum, and while people do post original works sometimes, they are mostly related to Pokémon.

Now, instead of *****ing and moaning that your comic hasn't achieved an astronomical level of popularity, why don't you actually work at your comic. If you are so concerned with popularity, then change up your comic. Stop acting like martyrs, whose "brilliance" goes unnoticed amidst a sea of sprite comics. This melodramatic crap is annoying.

~Hyuu said:
The first, the one I've had more time to think about, will revolve around Ivan Blues, an introverted boy going to Metapod Boarding School, for high school level students. Metapod High is generally regarded as weak, with a few apples of exceptions. Because of its weak status, the Kanto Elites have decided to use it to experiment with projects. The most recent, Project LPE: Literal Pokemon Education, makes the principle assign Pokemon as teachers, insuring insanity. But Ivan, with the unique ability to communicate with Pokemon and a load of potential, may just change everything for this bottom tier school...
May revolve around antics of the students and teacher, or may revolve around tournaments surrounding the 150 original schools of Kanto. If it does revolve around tournaments, than I'll try to make the battles interesting... otherwise focus on intimidation and relationships with other teams instead =3

This idea is sort of weak and odd in comparison to your other. I don't... really get it... at all.

~Hyuu said:
The other idea I had would focus on trying to find the history of Zangoose/Seviper animosity towards one another. Inside an isolated forest, Zangoose and Sevipers roam and constantly battle, continuing the age old war. However, one Zangoose's interest in her history awakens and so she roams around the forest, looking for clues...
I like the general idea of this story better... however, I need to make a past for Zangoose/Seviper and I'm still stuck on that part xD

This seems like something coherent and interesting. I would actually read this. Are you planning to sprite or draw your comics?

Last edited:

NEO GOHAN

OVER NINE THOUSAAAND
LGameboyR said:
Like saquid fpoon said: every one is trying not to make J Comics thats whats really repetitive! or somthin' you know Neo Gohan!
I have no clue what you just said, but something - either the way you botched the english language, or the tone of the post that I COULD read - makes me take offense to it.

and about the fan-comic arguement, that doesn't justify flooding the place with POORLY MADE CLONES OF THE GAMES.

1. POKeMON doesn't have to be about badges, journeys, beating badguys, HELL IT DOESN'T EVEN NEED TO HAVE TO BE DIRECTLY ABOUT POKeMON. these clones are ticking me off with the authors' lack of original ideas.

2. I KNOW SPRITE COMICS CAN BE DONE GOOD. but here, the vast majority is CRAP ON A STICK. AND THAT'S PUTTING IT MILDLY. almost no thought is put into what the comic is going to be about. (tie in to number one) sprites are thrown hap-hazard over the panels with cheap MS paint lines to represent effects that I'm SURE could be replicated much better in other programs, then c&p'd into the comic. speech bubbles, panels, AND SOMETIMES BACKGROUNDS have a tendency here to look like a total retard made them. AND I'M ABSOLUTELY SURE THAT THESE PEOPLE AREN'T RETARDS IN REAL LIFE. SO WHY CAN'T THEY PUT MORE EFFORT INTO THIS???

Hyuu

Under the sea
blueguy said:
This seems like something coherent and interesting. I would actually read this. Are you planning to sprite or draw your comics?

Drawn actually. I'm better with a pencil than pixels :D And thanks for your opinions.
Yeah, the school idea is a little weak by how I explained it ^^;;;. It's a bit hard for me to coherently put it in a few words. But I will probably try this weak idea first and see if I can translate it by the issues better than I do a short paragraph.
... because I'm having trouble drawing Zangoose T_T and I listed the idea prematurly. It's far from complete. The first one is more open-ended, allowing more flexibility for me (I like to stretch.) either, I'm far better at drawing people.

MasterCougar: Thank you for the support. I'm a bit shy about these things you see ^^;;;

Tabby Catty

Courtney loves Ruby
yes where is the love when it comes to comics I put love into mine as well as thought I really think people should put more effort but again we shouldn't be an elite society and lock out other amateurs from posting their comics so its sort of difficult to control them

NEO GOHAN

OVER NINE THOUSAAAND
I'm not saying we block out everyone from making comics like elitists, we just need a way to make them put in the mental and physical effort that we know they're capable of.

Spi Jirachi

I make comics for fun, as a lot of people would say.

NEO GOHAN said:
2. I KNOW SPRITE COMICS CAN BE DONE GOOD. but here, the vast majority is CRAP ON A STICK. AND THAT'S PUTTING IT MILDLY. almost no thought is put into what the comic is going to be about. (tie in to number one) sprites are thrown hap-hazard over the panels with cheap MS paint lines to represent effects that I'm SURE could be replicated much better in other programs, then c&p'd into the comic. speech bubbles, panels, AND SOMETIMES BACKGROUNDS have a tendency here to look like a total retard made them. AND I'M ABSOLUTELY SURE THAT THESE PEOPLE AREN'T RETARDS IN REAL LIFE. SO WHY CAN'T THEY PUT MORE EFFORT INTO THIS???

I made horrible comics when I was like 11, when I joined Serebiiforums. In that moment, I didn't have enough knowledge to make shading or stuffs like that. I dunno, maybe people was naive to the effortness of the comics?

At least they get better at it, like I did.

Tabby Catty

Courtney loves Ruby
Spi Jirachi said:
I make comics for fun, as a lot of people would say.

I made horrible comics when I was like 11, when I joined Serebiiforums. In that moment, I didn't have enough knowledge to make shading or stuffs like that. I dunno, maybe people was naive to the effortness of the comics?

At least they get better at it, like I did.

same with me the trailer of HMM was horrible so I cut it out and simply explained it rest of the comics were crappy until I got some more experience when working with paint I think I'll update them sometime in the second season or when I run out of ideas my spriting has also improved when the veiwers look at the first ones they look on how I improve and always yell at me for not updating my comics -_-

Infinity

Gone...
Let's try to talk about something a bit more, uh friendly.

What combination of programs do some of you use to create comics?

Tabby Catty

Courtney loves Ruby
Ah! my friend its purely done on Paint probably because thats all I can afford I know that the effects are a little "cartoony" but I guess it will do. I hope I can get some more programs later though I pretty much mastered paint. It took a long time to do even after my comic was debuted I still had a long ways to go but after experience I pretty much learned all the functions it has to offer and how to use them properly but I managed. My spriting I noticed improved as well I usually now am not too rushed as I am now and will probably get to the older ones but they are tolerable for right now (I did however touched some of them up ever so slightly).

Mastercougar

The Infinite Fire
Paint, mostly. But for effects, Photoshop. The Gaussian Blur is my friend. :)

Lunachu

Yay Eevee!
Paint, mostly. (Paint is my friend, especially for spriting ^_^.) But I use Paint Shop Pro X for other effects. Once I get more maps done, I'm going to begin a comic of my own (i.e. I have to work on Johto since I can't seem to find the thread that had revamped Johto maps and I'm not sure if the person will let us use them, and I'm going to work on my two fake regions.).

Last edited:

Infinity

Gone...
Ah! my friend its purely done on Paint probably because thats all I can afford I know that the effects are a little "cartoony" but I guess it will do. I hope I can get some more programs later though I pretty much mastered paint. It took a long time to do even after my comic was debuted I still had a long ways to go but after experience I pretty much learned all the functions it has to offer and how to use them properly but I managed. My spriting I noticed improved as well I usually now am not too rushed as I am now and will probably get to the older ones but they are tolerable for right now (I did however touched some of them up ever so slightly).
You know, you could try GIMP, which is free to use :) gimp.org

Goatman56

Paras is the shiz!
GIMP is free? Didn't know that, anywho I just use MSPaint for all my comic making needs. I could use the photoshop my sister got, but i'm to lazy to learn how to use it.

SecretMew

MS Paint, and that can be seen on my poor background quality of my comic <<;. Photoshop is just quite too expensive for me... I like how MS Paint is so easy to use, but Photoshop would be brilliant for making real looking backgrounds.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention that I have Gimp too, but haven't used it very much "only to change colors to black and white etc..."

Last edited:

Cousin Woofer

Just a minute.
Yeah, thank God for the GIMP. It's my bread and butter, aside from pencil and paper, of course. Inkscape looks interesting, too, but I'm really too lazy to teach myself how to use it.
And yeah, I guess I use Paint from time to time, for layouts and such.

Tabby Catty

Courtney loves Ruby
Thanks Infinity-san I'll see I guess I can experiment and you never know the special effect may not be half bad! GIMP looks like a good program too!

Beco

Beware...
I have made all my comics with paint since I can't buy Photoshop...Maybe I should check out that GIMP program.

~Hyuu said:
The first, the one I've had more time to think about, will revolve around Ivan Blues, an introverted boy going to Metapod Boarding School, for high school level students. Metapod High is generally regarded as weak, with a few apples of exceptions. Because of its weak status, the Kanto Elites have decided to use it to experiment with projects. The most recent, Project LPE: Literal Pokemon Education, makes the principle assign Pokemon as teachers, insuring insanity. But Ivan, with the unique ability to communicate with Pokemon and a load of potential, may just change everything for this bottom tier school...
May revolve around antics of the students and teacher, or may revolve around tournaments surrounding the 150 original schools of Kanto. If it does revolve around tournaments, than I'll try to make the battles interesting... otherwise focus on intimidation and relationships with other teams instead =3

The other idea I had would focus on trying to find the history of Zangoose/Seviper animosity towards one another. Inside an isolated forest, Zangoose and Sevipers roam and constantly battle, continuing the age old war. However, one Zangoose's interest in her history awakens and so she roams around the forest, looking for clues...
I like the general idea of this story better... however, I need to make a past for Zangoose/Seviper and I'm still stuck on that part xD
I like the second idea more, the first one is good to, but it just fades to the background when I see idea 2. If either one of those ideas turns into a comic, it'll be one I will read for sure.

Blues

Monkey Dragon
I've always used paint. Things like Photoshop (which I have) and Gimp have a lot of things that seem good, but don't really have any use for me. Besides, I don't have to make backgrounds or anything.