• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fan Comics Café

themochamonster

Loca for Mocha!
Thanks :) I might consider working on that sometime, if I can figure out how to draw Groudon. And a lopunny in flapper clothes (Groudon's girlfriend. Because if he can be a gangster, why not have a tiny flapper girlfriend?)

SOCCER_PRO

I dont know if this is the best place to put this.
I was just looking to see if anyone is interested in drawing a comic-like story which will be put onto youtube. It will include voices, so really it will be one frame, voices, then next frame etc.
The storyline, characters and everything has been set out already. Just looking for some artsy hands to do the comic.
I guess PM if interested.

Sorry if this isnt the right place for this. Just my clans bugging me to get it up and running

Elshastara

KSSSSSST!
I've had a pretty large idea bounding around for a while, I've talked to a few friends about it, but since they're friends I don't really trust their advice (read: OH EM GEE SO AWESOME).
The entire start of the comic was me watching the Zoroark movie and thinking to myself
"Wow. Zoroark was awesome."
And then I realized that Illusion could basically do anything - create solid floors, change the scenery, bring a maybe dead Zoroark back to life, etc.
"Wow. Zoroark would've been so much cooler as a villain."
Should I post here so I can get some unbiased critique?

lovetheangelshadow

One heck of a Nobody
I'm still kicking around if I should bother finishing Poke-Cadmeny Sora Michaelis. It kinda takes place during and after Pokemon XD involving the creator of the Shadow Pokemon program. Thing is-a page takes me at least 2-3 hours to draw, 2 hours to ink, and 2-3 hours to color depending on the page....and I still think it sucks

aurasageluke

AuraSage
My comic series The Mystery Chat Zone will start soon. It'll be YouTube aired, and Subtitles will be posted below. The pictures I used were too small for text. So I used video instead.

Tattletale1

No Collar Crime

Wow, I read the rules, and I think I'm a nub among nubs!
Horrble introduction...
I made a Flip Comic called No Collar Crime, it's not a fan work, it's completely original, is that allowed?
Also, I used a tiny animated GIF for the Comic, so if you want to read page by page, you need to connect your DSi to flipnote, then veiw my account...
My username is ∞Infinity∞ if you want to look up my search commands...
I don't think I broke a current rule, in fact, I think I may have just become the reason a new rule will have to be made...

Hello, seeing as I'm currently a "noob", as it were, I'm still unsure of the rules. I would presume the idea of this "cafe" is to discuss the fan comics we're creating/could create. Correct?

Okay, the premise of my comic is a world divided; a corrupted government that's purged any pokemon and trainers found. Cities, towns and villages are in lockdown, the replacement for the murdered officer Jennies being the Enforcers, silent soldiers with automatic machine guns. Humans can't get out, pokemon are shot on sight, and the two species are now completely divided. No-one knows why polite, friendly Prime Minister Prace has killed so many, but the streets are stained with blood.
Now Prace has passed a new law; Proposition S. No-one knows it yet, but this law will change the lives of three pokemon forever, and change the course of the government's regime permanantly.
This is Pokemon Justice: Proposition S.

And that, my friends, is what happens when you give me the Pokemon series and a pencil. So do let me know if you like the initial idea. I have an awful lot more plot and characters, but this gives you the basic idea...

aurasageluke

AuraSage
I got a new idea. My other one didn't go as planned, so here's my new one.

Undead End Season 1: "Bin Ladin" Saga

The world is doomed. Everyone fought too much, and another Nuclear Bomb went off, or overwise known as "The Final Straw". It blew up, but when it did, it blew up more then what it should of blew up. Dr. Rydell Neonfield, the one who built it, laughed in the only place that was safe from the explosion. Everyone died, then became Zombies who followed orders of the evil Doctor. Although Rydell survived, he wasn't alone.

Two men survived, who snuck underground, and made it to the safehouse. Their names are Viotini Johnson and Maxwell Washinton. Together, they figured out the Doctor's plans, and found their way to the safehouse. Although they survived, how long will they survive under the waves of Zombies?

Rating Pending. Can someone rate this?
Strong Language.
If it's just Strong language (Except the "F" word), is that PG 13? Plz respond so I can know!

@aurasageluke
Very nice premise; zombies are always good!
So long as you don't have any 2D characters, and they all have a motive, this is shaping up to be a very good idea.
Note; The zombies can be 2D, though. ^_^ Their only motive is brains.

aurasageluke

AuraSage
The sprites are Banned Story sprites. I made them myself, and saved the sprite sheets of them. The Backgrounds will hopefully be the same. Fun Fact: The zombies are as smart as the Grunts from the Halo Series. Why? To keep an originallity going Lol

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Okay, maybe its cause i've been away for a while, but why is the comic forum so dead?

Yeah, I've been away for a couple years and there's hardly anything left! (glad to see Ace of Abra still kinda around)

Me and my friend are thinking of working on a Pokemon comic, it's been years since I made one. Maybe it could liven up the place if it ever comes into fruition.

Tbone2356

ᵀᴴᴱ ᴼᴿᴵᴳᴵᴻᴬᴸ
Yeah, I've been away for a couple years and there's hardly anything left! (glad to see Ace of Abra still kinda around)

Me and my friend are thinking of working on a Pokemon comic, it's been years since I made one. Maybe it could liven up the place if it ever comes into fruition.

I would support that.

Sprite Comics are the best. I used to make a bunch, haven't in years though. I guess their popularity died when all the creators up and moved on from the fandom. I'm not particularly sure if the current Pokemon fandom is even interested in that sort of thing.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Sprite comics CAN be funny if you've got good enough writing. The one me and my friend want to do will be hand drawn though. We're meeting tomorrow to do some planning so things are looking good.

I used to have a fairly popular Pokemon sprite comic way back (about 5 years ago). After looking over it last night I realized how UNFUNNY it was. ;_;

Alliance

Re-Arrival
Hi people of the Fan Comics sub-forum ^^

I'm not a regular to this section, by no means. And it would be hard to do so since the forum is seriously dead, which we all know. About one comment a day ftw? nah.

Anyway, I propose a way to get activity into the forum.
Comic contests.

Like, once every so often, a contest could be held with a scene as the goal. The comic people would have to take this scene and make maybe a short strip with it. Then it could be voted on, and the winner gets a thumbs up or some form of nice prize.

it was just an idea.

Feel free to expand upon it.
and if we like the idea enough we could go to a mod and ask that it become reality :D

Abraace

Sabrina's apprentice
I'd be up for that. The only problem I can see is drumming up enough interest from the comic artists and trying to attract new comic artists.

I'm not sure what we'd have as a prize, but I'm sure someone can come up with something decent for everyone.

Alliance

Re-Arrival
All it should take is a few well-timed bumps so people could see it, and maybe take a peek.
Not to mention not worrying about the comic style as a whole.

For prizes, we could possibly have some sort of mixed media signature, maybe. And maybe multiple prizes.

I dunno.

And if it ever went ahead, I'm sure some people wouldn't mind advertising the contest/s in their sigs. Hopefully.

Spudnugget1

who wants to sing
It's unfortunate that the only relevant thread topic (For the purpose of this post) in the whole of the forum seems to have been dead for quite some time. Nonetheless, this is a sticky. I'm not too sure what bumping a sticky would entail.

Years and years ago, back in the days of old (2006, when this forum thread was thriving and alive) I had a dream: A dream of internet glory.
That dream was, of course, skewed and idiotic. I had no grasp of forum or overall internet etiquette at the time, and posted a thread advertising a terrible animated GIF comic in a fan fiction forum. If anybody remembers what happened there before I deleted that thing, I'd like to hear. I've long since forgotten, but there were some fairly accurate zingers posted in response that I would like to see once more.

Again, however, that is not the point - In the years that followed, I honed my skills in both writing and what a distant observer would call "Art"
(I am terrible at drawing, and henceforth gathered a commendable collection of sprites instead. Most of this time was wasted making the art look less like moldy cheese by applying fancy photos) and from then on locked myself in a concussive loop of meaninglessness, achieving criticism, but never the right criticism ("They all need to stand alone," they would say, ignoring the fact that many popular webcomics don't.)
The point I am trying to make is thus: I have nearly seven years of work just sitting on a drive. Should I continue to better myself for the sake of myself and the better audience, or should I release the finer pieces of "Art" onto this website for the world to see in a shrewd attempt at shooting myself in the foot?

I would say no, simply because of the tendencies I had shifted towards in my years of inactivity from this place.