• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fan Comics Café

LGameboyR

Pokemon Battler

Tabby Catty

Courtney loves Ruby
Well, I've finally got GIMP and I think that my effects will improve greatly but the only major concern is that I'm just not used to it!

Its nothing like MS paint which I'm so comfterble with and I've basically mastered over the course of 5 months.
I've suddenly just slipped after playing with it I started to sort of realized the complexity of the program and I'm beginning to think that its not worth it.
I don't know how to expand and shrink the campus to a nice and big level and then shinking it back (it uses these complex measurements which makes it worse for me while in paint it isn't a big deal).
Changing and editing the colors are making it a harder job too and its frustrating me. I've heard that GIMP is such a wonderful tool but it might just be too powerful for someone like me who mastered paint to manipulate.

blueguy

used Metronome!
I'm pretty sure Infinity is experienced with GIMP, so ask him for help! I wish you well in your endeavors! :)

+Erin+

Banned
Gimp is no good there's so many evil gradients that makes n00bs look like Gods use photoshop.

Infinity

Gone...
Thank you, blueguy. GIMP rocks, although it sucks to sprite with.

Like all things you need to learn how to use it before you will be able to make it's usage second nature. my suggestion is to seek out tutorials and the like. if you really want to go about finding out how it works PM me and I'll teach you a lot.

Fred

SUPER TRAINER!!!
I like it here it's a Cafe like in my comic.
oh can people please tell me how to make my comic better.

^click for my comic^

LGameboyR

Pokemon Battler
Its a fresh Idea, we need more Pokemon comics with basic jobs it'll livin up the board. I like it, but its some spelling issues

Fred

SUPER TRAINER!!!
ya...I'm bad about the spelling even in school I barlly hold a C-

Infinity

Gone...
If anyone wants to draw comics, but aren't even as good as pathetic ol' me I will personally teach them.

I am out to prove with determination you can go to drawing comics. I've been training for about an entire year just to prove my point.

Later in the month I will be making a comic featuring Krystal, the sexy blue vixen of Starfox fame. I'll pretty much make fun of stuff in the games and her fanboys, in a rather playful manner though.

So yeah, this is Infinity and all that he wrote... ;197;

Clockworkz

SURPRISE BUTTSECKS
I am this close to just flat out leaving here altogether.
I posted a new comic. Obviously, it blows every jorney comic away because of its awesomeness, and yet, those are the ones that get the attention. Most of it is negative, mind you, but regardless. What an absolute surprise this is. Sprited journey comics get all the priase, while, within 5 hours, I only get views. And about 16 of them, too. This is, like, a neverending thing for me.

Tabby Catty

Courtney loves Ruby
you know what Clockworkz you made a valid point once again journey comics are a huge probelm here and I am even dealing with it too. Popular comics are spammed up while the not so popular comics are left in the dust with a short comment once in a while. The journey comics of course just keep coming.

Clockworkz

SURPRISE BUTTSECKS
Then do me a favor and comment on mine. It's called Demon Hunter Kain. And it still has no replies. 35 views though. Whoopdee-f*cking-doo.
T_T

Problem: We have too much crap on this forum that looks like this.
Solution: I can only thing of explosives and firearms, but perhaps you can think of better ideas...

Last edited:

LGameboyR

Pokemon Battler
Well heres what I think is the problem: Journey Comics + People who want to make Journey comics = Not so good Journey comics +(Heres the Problem)People who think "Well thats not so hard just make it like the game" = CRAP! People see it, people see the ameture work, & the only reason why they think its good is because its new to them, & so they think a good comic is easy that = CRAP and it repeats itself...Thats the problem, Also can I like post a mini comic in here for some comic relief every week? Just to you know get to see a comic when your fav comics haven't updated. Oh & read Pokemon GX, I think its a good, different journey comic thats not being apprieciated because of all the amatuer crap, & if thats spam...my bad

Infinity

Gone...
Right, it's moving into one's own comfort zone.

The more you go out of your comfort zone the more it hurts... I want to see comics like that. I will never stop offering to teach people how to sketch and then CG comics.

I do not mean to be hard on people, but when more drawn comics there will be a gradual shift in interest. More people will be browsing this forum simply because there is more diversity. I have witnessed a problem with scripting for those who can draw and those who can't are usually the good ones at scripting. Seems odd, however, it is an observation of mine. In regards to spriting many of the comics here have scratched the surface of making sprites. Now, if there was an isometric pokémon sprite comic I would pay a lot more attention to it rather than the existing ones, quite simply because it was different. It disappoints me that not too many spriters here even know what isometric is...

Oh and I'm going to have a lecture/rant on excuses in the academy next time someone bumps it.

LGameboyR

Pokemon Battler
Also can I like post a mini comic in here for some comic relief every week? Just to you know get to see a comic when your fav comics haven't updated.

Well can I? They will be drawn cuz I don't have much time for sprited...:(

Infinity

Gone...
I wanted to open up a new discussion for us comic goers. How many of you regularly read professional webcomics (IE. VGcats, 8-bit Theater, etc.)?

This question is very vital, as it may as well change the teaching style of the Academy.