• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fan Comics Café

NEO GOHAN

OVER NINE THOUSAAAND
I read a few.

VG Cats and Las Lindas are the main ones, but there are a few others I consider professional grade, but I don't know if others would qualify them as such.

I'm not much of a topic starter from there. anyone else?

Infinity

Gone...
Not to go off-topic too much, but Las Lindas is alright, but in my opinion the plot is really weak. It's alright for a furry comic, I guess. Just the art wows people.

Yeah, I read VGcats like everyone else. There is just so much comedy gold within that. Most of us would be able to learn a lot from the author of that comic.

Redeevee

um, are there any maps of the fr/lg gyms especially the viridian gym? i am working on a comic right now (though i cant post it, but i want to) and i need the gyms, i also need battle scence things.

Infinity

Gone...
You could check vgmaps.com when it gets back up.

It may not be my place to say it, but have you ever thought of not making a pokémon Journey comic? I mean everyone seems to be doing it and it seems more props goes to people who do not make that kind of comic.

LGameboyR

Pokemon Battler
So true...I haven't yet cuz theres so much work yo put in...& Jungle Boy & Smartpoke wont be up till I can get that time...

SecretMew

My mind goes blank when I try to think of a plot...
Can someone give me a hint for a good plot?
Hmm, I think you should just try to be original. Think about a thing what no one else has made. Like try to think pokémon doing things what you think they never would, or then just try something very weird. It may feel tough at first, but when you get the main idea, the new ideas shouldn't be a big problem. Try combining things what happens IRL and let your characters do them in a funny way, that should work well, I've had a lot of funny ideas with my friends too but they don't unfortunately fit in my comic xD.

Infinity

Gone...
Since you like Milotic you coud have a comic where someone is guarding a lake of Milotic. Since it is a very rare creature some organization could try to take them and the results could be up to you (off the top of my head, so it's probably a crappy idea). Just remember to keep the plot at a steady pace and not have it be too fast.

Last edited:

Nixx

Waiting for the Worm
Journey comics didn't used to suck. Back when Pokémon X was first made, they were innovative and interesting. But now they're so overdone it's painful to see them.

Infinity

Gone...
Hmm is it just me or are hand drawn stuff usually held in higher esteem here?

Nixx

Waiting for the Worm
They tend to be, possibly because they require actual skill, art-wise. I'll have to look into it.

Infinity

Gone...
Ha, you immediately caught on what I was getting to.

I want to say this to many of the young aspiring authors of SPPf. Some of you are not even trying. Why is that? i'm not gonig to name names here, but that is one of the reasons why I always recommend drawing. Even if a comic is scripted horribly, but yet is still drawn well people will be more genrious and like it. However, if it is scripted horribly and the visuals are lacking you will hardly get any good reviews.