• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fan Fiction Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fan Fiction Awards: RESULTS ARE IN

AND NOW FOR THE RESULTS:

Categories:

Best Pokemon Story:
A E Ø N: End

Best Non-Pokemon Story:
//Dead Links\\

Best Comedy Story: (Tied)
The Janitor
Semi-Hippies, Paranoia, and Other Things(Years of Revival)

Best Horror Story:
//¤// G. A. T. E. \\¤\\ - It Begins...

Best Drama Story:
Metamorphosis

Best Romance Story:
Demons of Metropolis

Best Adventure Story:
Pokémon Origins III: The War of Armageddon

Best Fantasy Story:
Evolution of Fable

Best One-shot: (Tied)
Styx.
~ The Taming of the Northern Wind ~

Best Developed Characters:
A E Ø N: End

Best Description:
Communication

Best Plot:
The Flamestar Chronicles

Best Vocabulary:
Surrender .:pyroken Serafoculus:.

Best Original Character:
Saber (From Pokemon Revelation: Cross of Fates)

Best Use of Existing Character:
Jessie (Rid of the Scarlet Letter)

Best Author:
Kiyohime

Best New Author:
masterwannabe

Most Creative Author:
xXSaberXx

Most Improved Author:
Bay

Most Overlooked Author:
Lily

Most Comedic Moment: (Tied)

Dust to Deceit said:
<So...> Moltres trailed, <Suppose I decided to change the subject to current events around Hoenn, would you object?>

Registeel shook its head, steel squeaks happening at every head gyration, <Not at all, though I will see what interesting... gopiss, is it?>

To this, the bird could not hold back a chuckle, <It’s gossip. ‘Go piss’ is what you say to Zapdos when it acts stupid, as in ‘go piss off!’>

The Janitor said:
Unbeknownst to them, a couple of cheeky rodents were running around the scene. One was a little yellow baby mouse Pichu with a neck collar signed ‘Jerry’ and the other was a blue and white squirrel Pachirisu called Patchy. They stopped as they spotted the two pokemon downstairs and Jerry whispered something in Patchy’s ear. They both smiled deviously, so devious that many would picture them having horns on their heads.

Meowth and Wobbuffet were busy cleaning the stairs, with Meowth wiping the banisters and Wobbuffet vacuuming the carpeted steps. Wobbuffet heard a small whooshing sound coming his way and diverted his attention towards it… only to see a big sack slamming into his face, knocking him down and making him roll down the stairs. Meowth turned around in shock, wondering what was going on. To his dismay, he saw some big white markings on the carpet and some on his friend’s face. “Wobbuffet! What do you tink, you’re doin’?” he yelled angrily as he ran into the center of the stairs.

“Wobbuffet!” Wobbuffet croaked alarmingly as he pointed behind Meowth.

Confused, he turned around and got hit by the same sack. He too got knocked down, and also fell down the stairs. After his crash landing, Meowth sat up shaking his head. “Dat smarts,” he moaned before he and his blobby friend looked up and saw Jerry and Patchy sticking their tongues at them while pulling their lower eyelids. The cat realised that they were the ones who swung the big sack like a pendulum. “Let’s get ‘em!” he yelled angrily as he gave chase, with Wobbuffet following him.

Most Romantic Moment:

The Hourglass said:
The Persian looked away, trying not to look at him too much. The Ekans reached his hand up and lifted her chin so she would look right at him. The two stared, Katera’s eyes watering a bit as she felt some tears coming on. Slowly the two grew closer, before Jiro pressed his snaky lips against the Persians. The two held the innocent kiss for only a second, a second of complete bliss for both. But a second was very short length of time and as soon as it began, it ended.

Katera stared rather surprised at the kiss, Jiro seemed a bit surprise but more pleased at the outcome of it. The Persian looked at him a second longer before looking away and wiping some tears.

“We can’t do this.”

“Why not?” he replied, “Don’t you love me?”

“My life wasn’t made for love.” She whispered, “But I do.”

“Katera…”

She looked at him again, but this time with much fear. “If he found out… you would…” the Persian shook her head. “We can’t do this.”

“… I’m willing to take the risk. But, I will respect your wishes.” He nodded standing up. She watched him in a bit of surprise; she had never heard that before. She was so use to Ransom getting what he wanted, even if she was in no mood for it, that a man actually listening to her was something she had never experienced.
Once more the Ekans was about to leave, when the Persian caught his hand. He looked back at her, but she would not look at him. She squeezed his hand tightly as he turned to run a hand over her cheek.

“I love you.” She whispered, “Ever since I met you, I loved you.” She looked up at him, tears in her eyes. “We… we can’t ever let this be found out.”

“I know.” He replied simply as he kissed her lips lightly, barely touching them. She knew this affection well, but something in the way he held her and spoke to her, it was like he was actually speaking to her and not the body, not the looks or mask she wore.

He knew her. And it felt so good to be loved that way.

Most Edge-of-your-seat Moment:

Release said:
The scar was a reminder, a warning. It reminded her of the lengths Giovanni would go to keep his secrets. She chuckled a little at that, humourlessly, eyes cold. He loved his secrets. Memories of her former comrades ruthlessly pursuing her, viewing her not as the friend they had laughed with, cried with, but as their target in a deadly game of hide and seek, flickered through her mind. If they’d found her, they would’ve killed her, simple as that. Once you were in, you were in. There was only one way out.

-another rustle as the gun was raised and the target sighted, the sharp intake of breath as a finger pulled at the trigger-

A fatal choice, it is, to join the rockets.

bang

A small figure slipped off the back of a chestnut feathered bird, gold hair flashing briefly as it plummeted towards the distant forest, a trail of scarlet following its descent. A distant crash, and then silence.

Crimson seeping into the blood soaked soil..

Best Reviewer:
Sike Saner​

Last edited:

Draco Malfoy

-REaction
Yay to the First post! xP

Best Pokemon Story: Midian: City of the Damned by Knightblazer

Best Non-Pokemon Story: Legend of Zelda: Battle for Hyrule Re-Mastered by Razor Leaf

Best Horror Story: Arachnophobia by IceKing

Best Romance Story: Why Can't The World Stop? by Psychic

Best One-shot: Chain by Knightblazer

Best Original Charecter: Javas from Midian: City of the Damned by Knightblazer

Best Author: Kiyohime

Most Creative Author: xXSaberXx

Most Improved Author: Bay

Most Over-Looked Author: Saffire Persian

Last edited:

katiekitten

The Compromise
Let's see...

Best Drama Story: Surrender, by .:pyroken Serafoculus:.

Best One-shot: The Taming of the Northern Wind by purple_drake.

Most Creative Author: XD Iceking.

Oh, and typos...

Best Original Character
Best Use of Existing Character

I'll add more nominations later, I just haven't been reading that many fics lately. :x

Last edited:

Sike Saner

Peace to the Mountain
Best Non Pokémon Story//Dead Links\\, masterwannabe

Best Drama StoryA Snowy Heart, Mynona

Best Comedy StoryPokémon Johto – The Funne Version!!!, Seijiro Mafuné

Best One-ShotSkitoma, ?*Virulent Tsunami*?

Best New Author – Isfahan

Best Use of Existing Character – Jessie in Rid of the Scarlet Letter, Bay

Most Creative Author – .:pyroken Serafoculus:.

Most Improved Author – katiekitten

Most Overlooked Author – Shuko

Most Edge-of-your-seat Moment From //Dead Links\\ by masterwannabe:

When he had formed the complex circles and loops of the pattern, Meddick set the can down. His fingers reeked of the lighter fluid that had dripped on his hands, as did the sash around his neck that he had soaked earlier. He dropped to his knee again, picked up the candle, and then touched the flame to one end of the oily shape on the grass. The fire extended itself across the lawn with a soft whoosh, winding its way along the lines of the fluid trail until it burned brightly as the symbol of the Blessed Journey.

Meddick had to work quickly while the symbol still burned clearly. In a moment, the flames would spread across the lawn, and the signal would be lost. He spread his arms wide, raised his eyes to the stars, and tipped himself forward.

As he fell into the roaring flames, Jeremiah Meddick leapt for joy at the knowledge that he would finally leave his body and begin the journey into the next plane of existence.

I intend to post more nominations later; I just wanted to get at least some of them up while the server was working rather than possibly miss an opportunity to actually post by trying to hunt down too many links at once. XD;

Last edited:

Ejunknown

be creative
I. for once, am going to take a more active interest in this forum in the form of nominations. XD

Best Non-Pokemon Story

Flight by Katiekitten.

Best One Shot

Of Oranges and Lemons By, you guessed it, katiekitten.

I just love your writing style, KK.

I'm going to go thread browsing, might come back with more nominations later.

Knightblazer

Memories in the Rain
Gee, I already have three nomiations...? @.@ Thanks, MWB... I guess... ><;

Without further ado, my own nomiations:

Best Pokemon Story: [AEØN: End] Scr- Err... Kiyohime

Best Adventure Story: [Pokemon Revelation: Cross Of Fates] xXSaberXx

Best Developed Characters: [AEØN: End] Kiyohime

Best Plot: [AEØN: End] Kiyohime

Best Description: [Rediscovery: Book I - First Traces] .:pyroken Serafoculus:.

Best Volcabulary: [Hoenn's Legacy] ~*Virulent Tsunami*~

Most Creative Author: Dragonfree

Most Over-Looked Author: Brian Powell

Other nomiations will come later... I've not been readig many fics lately... X.x

Knightblazer ;262;

Last edited:

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
Oh, nominations for me already ^^. Well, here is my nominations...will update more as I am going to scout in reading more fics and also because of the lag XD

Best Horror Story- Styx by katiekitten

Best Drama Story- Starting Anew by Psychic

Best Romance Story- Tale as Old as Time by masterwannabe

Best Adventure Story- Midian: City of Damned by Knightblazer

Best One-shot-Release by katiekitten

Best Developed Characters, Keegan, Choice and Consequence by purple drake

Best Plot- Midian: City of the Damned

Best Volcabulary, .:pyroken Serafoculus:.

Best Use of Exsisting Charecter- Bill, Choice and Consequence by purple drake

Most Creative Author- Saffire Persian

Most Romantic Moment-
from Knightblazer's Moment of Peace
Mew looks at him with the same expression he had before. No hatred, no anger, just a tranquil stare, a vague smile that seems only a little sad. She’s fading away.

There’s a brush of fingertips over his tearstains. Mewtwo’s still crying tears for a lost child, yet he is no longer sure that he isn’t that child now. All of the years he spent growing and changing seem useless now. Deep inside, the clone never made it past the suffering he had endured as a child.

Still dreaming of better things, just like a child, never accepting bitter reality.

There is a kiss, a brush of lips that develops into something harsh. It’s nothing innocent, since neither of them truly are innocent. It’s anger, hatred, desperation all in a single gesture. It’s everything Mewtwo wants to say, all the accusations he wants to make, all the rage and betrayal he still bears. Without a voice, there is nothing else he can do. The living have no voice in the land of the dead, and although Mewtwo has his doubts on whether his body is living, he knows that his soul has not yet awoken.

The kiss softens after all of the rage diminishes. It isn’t gone, far from it, but the clone has no more use for it. It’s just another demon clinging to his exhausted soul, one that he can’t quite shake away. But it’s gone for the time being, fading away as he relishes in the sensation of a warm body against his.

How long has it been since he’s felt warmth in such a way?

There are hands on him, a lover’s touch. It hurts, because each touch brings that phantom beat from a heart he knows shouldn’t be able to beat.

Mew pulls away. This world is not quite silent anymore; there are voices and the desperate sound of weeping echoing distantly within the darkness. Mewtwo realizes he must be starting to fall asleep again. His vision is hazy, the entire image beginning to blear, and a dizzy sensation washes over the clone’s mind. He blinks slowly, and when he opens his eyes, Mew is far away, walking away.

Leaving.

Angelique

transcending love~
Um, hi. Onii-san told me about this and I noticed it.. Although I rarely come on SPPf, particularly Fanfiction, I have been closet reading every now and then and I love it.

Well, I'm glad onii-san told me about this. I could have missed nominating. XP

Best Pokemon Story: Pokemon Exsisto by CHeSHiRe-CaT

Best Non-Pokemon Story: Trinity: Redemption by Scar

Best Comedy Story: Funky Sauce: Killing Ash Ketchum and Evading Unfavorable Circumstances by CHeSHiRe-CaT

Best Horror Story: Bloodthirty by FloatingFlames

Best Drama Story: Metamorphosis by Saffire Persian

Best Romance Story: Demons of Metropolis by Encyclopika

Best Adventure Story: Pokemon Revelation: Cross Of Fates by xXSaberXx

Best One-Shot: White Blur by masterwannabe

Best Developed Characters: Metamorphosis by Saffire Persian

Best Description: Pokemon Exsisto by CHeSHiRe-CaT

Best Plot: Pokemon Revelation: Cross Of Fates by xXSaberXx

Best Volcabulary: Pokemon Exsisto by CHeSHiRe-CaT

Best Original Character: Saber from Pokemon Revelation: Cross Of Fates by xXSaberXx

Best Use of Existing Character: Mew/Zeffy from AEØN: End by Kiyohime

Best Author: CHeSHiRe-CaT

Best New Author: masterwannabe

Most Creative Author: Saffire Persian

Most Improved Author: xXSaberXx

Most Over-Looked Author: Lily (who was once known as LilyPichu)

Most Comedic Moment:

From Of Hullabaloo Galore and Wacky Festivities by masterwannabe said:
Wakana pranced around her bedroom, admiring herself in the mirror as she did so. Her choice of costume was a pink frilly dress, with laces almost everywhere. The sleeves were big and puffy, from which were hung numerous minuscule pink stars. She wore pink high-heeled stilettos, and hanging from her neck was a diamond necklace. Lastly, a pink, furry crown sat innocently on her head.

Staring at her reflection in the mirror, Wakana said, “Ahh! I cannot believe this stunningly beautiful lady is me! I will be the centre of attention on the night of the party! Ohohohohoho… …”

“MIRROR MIRROR ON THE FLOOR!” Wakana said suddenly to the mirror lying on the floor, batting her eyelashes, “Am I pretty?”

… … … … …

“ANSWER ME YOU STUPID MIRROR!” Wakana screeched, turning red from fury. Still, there was no response. The agitated Wakana started throwing tantrums, as well as things in the room.

CRASH! Oh well, there goes the antique vase… Startled by the sudden noise, Harley, now heavily bandaged, poked his head into the room.

“Wakana! Calm down… Who made you angry this time?” Harley asked. He winced as Wakana glared at him before she went back to throwing a tantrum again.

“Just tell me before you ruin all my furniture”

Wakana pointed a trembling accusing finger at the culprit and folded her arms, pouting.

Harley was astounded. What did the mirror do? And in the first place, can the mirror do anything?

Wakana replied, as though she could read Harley’s thoughts, “This STUPID mirror! It ignored me when I asked whether I was pretty or not!” Then she started bawling, “WHICH MEANS I’M NOT PRETTY!”

Harley tried to stifle the laugh that was threatening to spill out of his mouth. With Wakana’s pink, frilly… everything, all she needed was a red nose and some makeup and she would look like a perfect clown.

EDIT:

Well, that's about it. I'll do these two other moments later when I have time. XP:

Most Romantic Moment

Most Edge-of-your-seat Moment

Last edited:

katiekitten

The Compromise
Best Pokemon Story: Metamorphosis, by Saffire Persian. :3

Best Fantasy Story: Hope, by Lily.

Most over-looked author: Zerodius.

Best Use of Existing Character: Jirarudan, in Obsession by Blackjack Gabbiani. (The antagonist in the second pokemon movie)

Some more. :3

Bonsly-Bud

Also Known as Bonsli
Last edited:
Sorry for not updating, but please, please, make my life easier and check to see if something hasn't already been nominated, and remember, an author can only be nominated 3 times.

Katiekitten has been nominated several times already. She needs to decide which categories she wants to run for.

Saffire Persian

Now you see me...
I realize your anxiety and all that, but wouldn't it make more since for Katiekitten to choose which nominations she wants when the nomination process ends? She might get nominated for more, and I think she deserves to choose which ones she wants. If she waits until the end of the nominating process, she can choose the three she wants then and be done with it. There's no harm in her being nominated for more than three awards now.

Yes, but adding all those to the nominations list can be confusing. I realize that this is partially my fault for adding that whole rule, but it prevents the whole award hording thing that people complain about during awards.

I agree with you, but I also want to keep this simple and straightforeward.

Sike Saner: I need a working link for Pokémon Johto – The Funne Version!!!

Saffire Persian

Now you see me...
I agree it keeps from award-hoarding, though if adding all those nominations to the list is too confusing for you, I'd be more than happy to continuously quote the above list, and add the nominations in myself, then all you have to do is quote my post, then copy the text therein, and paste it into the first post. Simple, and keeps the formatting completely in tact. Then, when the deadline for nominations is over, the people who have more than three nominations can then choose which three categories they want to compete for the award in, and thus keep the people who complain about award-hoarding at a minimum, and it all works out.

Sike Saner

Peace to the Mountain
Oh snap, why the frell did I have it linked to that? *is feeling VERY stupid right about now* XDD; Sorry... here:

Pokémon Johto - The Funne Version!!!

And while I'm here...

Most Comedic Moment – From Dust to Deceit, Take Two by Dilasc:

<So...> Moltres trailed, <Suppose I decided to change the subject to current events around Hoenn, would you object?>

Registeel shook its head, steel squeaks happening at every head gyration, <Not at all, though I will see what interesting... gopiss, is it?>

To this, the bird could not hold back a chuckle, <It’s gossip. ‘Go piss’ is what you say to Zapdos when it acts stupid, as in ‘go piss off!’>

Best PlotThe Flamestar Chronicles, Shrike Flamestar

Best Fantasy StoryThe Hourglass, Lady Myuu

Most Romantic Moment – From The Hourglass by Lady Myuu:

The Persian looked away, trying not to look at him too much. The Ekans reached his hand up and lifted her chin so she would look right at him. The two stared, Katera’s eyes watering a bit as she felt some tears coming on. Slowly the two grew closer, before Jiro pressed his snaky lips against the Persians. The two held the innocent kiss for only a second, a second of complete bliss for both. But a second was very short length of time and as soon as it began, it ended.

Katera stared rather surprised at the kiss, Jiro seemed a bit surprise but more pleased at the outcome of it. The Persian looked at him a second longer before looking away and wiping some tears.

“We can’t do this.”

“Why not?” he replied, “Don’t you love me?”

“My life wasn’t made for love.” She whispered, “But I do.”

“Katera…”

She looked at him again, but this time with much fear. “If he found out… you would…” the Persian shook her head. “We can’t do this.”

“… I’m willing to take the risk. But, I will respect your wishes.” He nodded standing up. She watched him in a bit of surprise; she had never heard that before. She was so use to Ransom getting what he wanted, even if she was in no mood for it, that a man actually listening to her was something she had never experienced.
Once more the Ekans was about to leave, when the Persian caught his hand. He looked back at her, but she would not look at him. She squeezed his hand tightly as he turned to run a hand over her cheek.

“I love you.” She whispered, “Ever since I met you, I loved you.” She looked up at him, tears in her eyes. “We… we can’t ever let this be found out.”

“I know.” He replied simply as he kissed her lips lightly, barely touching them. She knew this affection well, but something in the way he held her and spoke to her, it was like he was actually speaking to her and not the body, not the looks or mask she wore.

He knew her. And it felt so good to be loved that way.

Last edited:

Bonsly-Bud

Also Known as Bonsli
I almost forgot about another important nomination!
Best description, vocab, and creative author goes to: You, for his encyclopaedic pokemon

LinksOcarina

The true master
This will be hard for me to do because my net is so shotty and the message board will probably tank on me before I finish, like it always does, so I will try to do as much as I can.

I will be going back into this post to complete them as I go along, just an FYI to Flaming Lip.

Best Pokemon Story:

GATE, It Begins, by masterwannabe

Best Non-Pokemon Story:

World Saviors by wilt19

Best Comedy Story:

Best Horror Story:

GATE, It Begins, by masterwannabe

Best Drama Story:

Best Romance Story:

Best Adventure Story:

Best Fantasy Story:

Best One-shot:
Release by katiekitten

Best Developed Characters:

Best Description:

Midian, City of the Damned

Best Plot:

Best Volcabulary:

Best Original Character:

Best Use of Existing Character:

A Rocket Grunt in Release

Best Author:

Knightblazer

Best New Author:

masterwannabe

Most Creative Author:

Most Improved Author:

Most Over-Looked Author:

besides myself, lol. I have to say...Duncan for Blazing Dreams, the Journey to be the best

Most Comedic Moment:

Most Romantic Moment:

Most Edge-of-your-seat Moment:

The end of Release

The scar was a reminder, a warning. It reminded her of the lengths Giovanni would go to keep his secrets. She chuckled a little at that, humourlessly, eyes cold. He loved his secrets. Memories of her former comrades ruthlessly pursuing her, viewing her not as the friend they had laughed with, cried with, but as their target in a deadly game of hide and seek, flickered through her mind. If they’d found her, they would’ve killed her, simple as that. Once you were in, you were in. There was only one way out.

-another rustle as the gun was raised and the target sighted, the sharp intake of breath as a finger pulled at the trigger-

A fatal choice, it is, to join the rockets.

bang

A small figure slipped off the back of a chestnut feathered bird, gold hair flashing briefly as it plummeted towards the distant forest, a trail of scarlet following its descent. A distant crash, and then silence.

Crimson seeping into the blood soaked soil.

Last edited:

Draco Malfoy

-REaction
So you thought that we wouldn't notice that small catergory at the very end of your list, Flaming_Lip? Well I did and I nominate in it:

Best Reviewer: Sike Saner

I'llo nominate in some more catrgories I haven't nominated in when I scrape out some older fics and reread them.

Status
Not open for further replies.