• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fan Fiction Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

takarifan

A Weaver of Tales
Never done this before. Time to nominate~

Best Adventure Story:

//¤// G. A. T. E. \\¤\\

Best Description:

//¤// G. A. T. E. \\¤\\

Best Use of Existing Character:

Lugia (//¤// G. A. T. E. \\¤\\)

Best Author:

masterwannabe

Most Improved Author:

Shuko

Most Over-Looked Author:

Bay

I say do the limit. Dn't skip it. Or else fics like katiekitten's fics, Knibhtblazer's. masterwannabe's or Kiyohime's will go on a killing spree. Do the limit, for the love of peanut butter. You have to or else this will become nothing but a popularity contest.

Best Adventure Story

Pokemon Origins III: The War of Armageddon

Most Overlooked Author

~RaikouRider243~ (Pokemon Origins III: The War of Armageddon)

Most Edge-Of-Your-Seat Monent.

After crossing the base of Stark Mountain, the path wasn't really much of a "path" anymore. Most certainly a riding Pokémon was required for any trainer to pass farther. Some rapid-fire jumps over unstable terrain felt like a wild Entei bucking an unwanted rider. Ace gripped his Pokémon even tighter when it made the first of several very sharp turns up to the only entrance to the volcano interior.

(Accompanying BGM: "Fire Temple" - Koji Kondo - Ocarina of Time Dungeon)

Rapidash slowed to a stop and reared up inside the entrance hollows. There was no path to follow. Anyone who got in here needed rock climbing equipment or a Pokémon capable of jumping high. "I think I'll need to stay on your back. Please don't go so fast this time. This place is dangerous, and I want to take it slowly to avoid getting hurt." Rapidash slid down to the lowest part of the floor, then bounded each of four slippery "hills" to the narrow tunnel to the north. On the other side was a walkway shaped like a religious cross, passages on each end. Below this cross was bubbling magma, creating an intense heat in the room. When Ace started coughing, Rapidash trotted back through the tunnel and into the entrance chamber. He fell from his mount and collapsed to the bottom of the room, bruising and cutting himself on the rough, rocky terrain of the mountain interior.

Draco Malfoy

-REaction
Well, I personally actually support the "limit nominations for nominees" idea. In fact, I am so supporting is that I will actually go trhough the whole damn list and sort out the people with three or more nominatiosn and contact them.

But I can only do that after the nominations are closed and no more people can nominate. So yeah.

Draco Malfoy

-REaction
Current and final updated list:

Categories:

Best Pokemon Story:
Midian: City of the Damned
AEØN: End
Pokemon Exsisto
Metamorphosis
//¤// G. A. T. E. \\¤\\
Pokemon: Revolution Johto
Watchers of Raikou
Communication

Best Non-Pokemon Story:
Legend of Zelda: Battle for Hyrule
//Dead Links\\
Trinity: Redemption
World Saviors

Best Comedy Story:
Funky Sauce: Killing Ash Ketchum and Evading Unfavorable Circumstances
The Janitor
Semi-Hippy's, Paranoia and Other Things: A Journey Of Three Very Unique Young Adults

Best Horror Story:
Arachnophobia
Bloodthirty
//¤// G. A. T. E. \\¤\\

Best Drama Story:
A Snowy Heart
Surrender
Starting Anew
Metamorphosis
Kitos Tragoudi: The Heart of Kyogre
The Flamestar Chronicles

Best Romance Story:
Why Can't The World Stop?
Tale as Old as Time
Demons of Metropolis
So In Love
As I lay with Ash

Best Adventure Story:
The Corei Quest
Pokemon Revelation: Cross Of Fates
Midian: City of Damned
Lurking In the Shadows: Lisa's Ultimate Challenge
Rediscovery: Book I - First Traces
//¤// G. A. T. E. \\¤\\
Pokemon Origins III: The War of Armageddon

Best Fantasy Story:
Hope
The Hourglass
Stir of The Thunderstorm

Best One-shot:
Chain
Styx
Skitoma
The Taming of the Northern Wind
White Blur
Friends
Keyo

Best Developed Characters:
Choice and Consequence
Metamorphosis
Displacement

Best Description:
Rediscovery: Book I - First Traces
Pokemon Exsisto
Communication
//¤// G. A. T. E. \\¤\\

Best Plot:
Pokemon Revelation: Cross Of Fates
The Flamestar Chronicles

Best Volcabulary:
Hoenn's Legacy ~*Virulent Tsunami*~
Pokemon Exsisto CHeSHiRe-CaT
Pokemon Revelation: Cross Of FatesxXSaberXx
Surrender .:pyroken Serafoculus:.
Obesession Blackjack Gabbiani
Destiny Journeys: Healing of Hearts Liveletlove Mix

Best Original Character:
Javas (From Midian: City of the Damned)
Saber (From Pokemon Revelation: Cross Of Fates)
Reivyn (From Pokemon Revolution: Advent Phoenix)
Sarah Dawn (From //Dead Links\\)
Jal'tal (Communication)

Best Use of Existing Character:
Whitney and Jasmine (Land of Infinity)
Jessie (Rid of the Scarlet Letter)
Bill (Choice and Consequence)
Mew/Zeffy (AEØN: End)
Jirarudan/Lawrence III (Obsession)
Snattle (Hoenn's Legacy)
Lugia (//¤// G. A. T. E. \\¤\\)

Best Author:
Kiyohime
Ice King
CHeSHiRe-CaT
Knightblazer
EonMaster One
Buneary Dude
Sike Saner
masterwannabe

Best New Author:
Isfahan
Masterwannabe
silverfrost
duncan
Liveletlove Mix

Most Creative Author:
xXSaberXx
Iceking
.:pyroken Serafoculus:.
Dragonfree
Saffire Persian
EonMaster One
Knightblazer

Most Improved Author:
Bay
Katiekitten
xXSaberXx
LinksOcarina
Maze
Buneary Dude
Air Dragon
Shuko

Most Over-Looked Author:
Saffire Persian
Shuko
Brian Powell
Lily
Zerodius
EonMaster One
Venusaur
LinksOcarina
Duncan
Hakura of Hoenn
Buneary Dude
Mouse Tourmaline
Bay
~RaikouRider243~

Most Comedic Moment:

Most Comedic Moment:

Of Hullabaloo Galore and Wacky Festivities said:
Wakana pranced around her bedroom, admiring herself in the mirror as she did so. Her choice of costume was a pink frilly dress, with laces almost everywhere. The sleeves were big and puffy, from which were hung numerous minuscule pink stars. She wore pink high-heeled stilettos, and hanging from her neck was a diamond necklace. Lastly, a pink, furry crown sat innocently on her head.

Staring at her reflection in the mirror, Wakana said, “Ahh! I cannot believe this stunningly beautiful lady is me! I will be the centre of attention on the night of the party! Ohohohohoho… …”

“MIRROR MIRROR ON THE FLOOR!” Wakana said suddenly to the mirror lying on the floor, batting her eyelashes, “Am I pretty?”

… … … … …

“ANSWER ME YOU STUPID MIRROR!” Wakana screeched, turning red from fury. Still, there was no response. The agitated Wakana started throwing tantrums, as well as things in the room.

CRASH! Oh well, there goes the antique vase… Startled by the sudden noise, Harley, now heavily bandaged, poked his head into the room.

“Wakana! Calm down… Who made you angry this time?” Harley asked. He winced as Wakana glared at him before she went back to throwing a tantrum again.

“Just tell me before you ruin all my furniture”

Wakana pointed a trembling accusing finger at the culprit and folded her arms, pouting.

Harley was astounded. What did the mirror do? And in the first place, can the mirror do anything?

Wakana replied, as though she could read Harley’s thoughts, “This STUPID mirror! It ignored me when I asked whether I was pretty or not!” Then she started bawling, “WHICH MEANS I’M NOT PRETTY!”

Harley tried to stifle the laugh that was threatening to spill out of his mouth. With Wakana’s pink, frilly… everything, all she needed was a red nose and some makeup and she would look like a perfect clown.

Dust to Deceit said:
<So...> Moltres trailed, <Suppose I decided to change the subject to current events around Hoenn, would you object?>

Registeel shook its head, steel squeaks happening at every head gyration, <Not at all, though I will see what interesting... gopiss, is it?>

To this, the bird could not hold back a chuckle, <It’s gossip. ‘Go piss’ is what you say to Zapdos when it acts stupid, as in ‘go piss off!’>

Midian: City of the Damned said:
“This… is… not fun,” ground out the Houndoom as he trudged all the way back with soaked fur. Rain had suddenly poured down about an hour ago, the water soaking the foursome all the way to the bone. While the three were still fine, it was only Ifrit who was somewhat worrisome—Fire types, technically, couldn’t live long in the rain. But Javas speculated that, in obtaining Entei’s powers, all the rain would really do would be to annoy the two-horned hound like crazy. Fortunately (or unfortunately, in Lucied’s case), Javas’s theory was right, and they had to put up with the ranting Houndoom ever since then.

“Hello… like, the rest of you? C’mon, let’s find shelter. Like now! I’m drenched to the skin and freezing as if Javas had hit me with an Icy Wind attack. I’m shaking to the bones and mentally I feel like banging my head against some random brick wall. Heck, I can even say the word ‘geer’ for a million times if you need me to. Geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer…”

“Lucied, can we just knock him out?” questioned Javas, his eyebrows twitching in annoyance. The Mightyena sweatdropped. “That really wouldn’t be a good idea…”
“Geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer…”

If you really feel the need to, do so and I’ll carry him on my back, added Saital. The Sneasel then looked back the wolf, emerald puppy dog eyes looking towards Lucied, who grinned awkwardly and sweatdropped once again.
“Geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer, geer…”

“I guess… we can keep him quiet for awhile…” muttered Lucied, although without much conviction.

Javas quickly took the cue and transmuted his metallic fist. Ice crystals began forming around the appendage and with a roar of ‘Antarctic Fist!’ brought the ice-coated metal against Ifrit’s cranium, effectively knocking the Houndoom out. Ifrit fell with a loud ‘thump’ onto the moist earth, and then, with their combined efforts, Lucied and Javas managed to move the unconscious being onto the Pidgeotto’s back.

For a Houndoom… he sure is heavy… muttered out the maroon-feathered bird as she tried to balance herself. The duo had to help her out once again, and after a few tries, finally managed to get some altitude without dropping Ifrit or falling onto Lucied and Javas. With that, the now-conscious trio set out through the mountains once again.

The Janitor said:
Unbeknownst to them, a couple of cheeky rodents were running around the scene. One was a little yellow baby mouse Pichu with a neck collar signed ‘Jerry’ and the other was a blue and white squirrel Pachirisu called Patchy. They stopped as they spotted the two pokemon downstairs and Jerry whispered something in Patchy’s ear. They both smiled deviously, so devious that many would picture them having horns on their heads.

Meowth and Wobbuffet were busy cleaning the stairs, with Meowth wiping the banisters and Wobbuffet vacuuming the carpeted steps. Wobbuffet heard a small whooshing sound coming his way and diverted his attention towards it… only to see a big sack slamming into his face, knocking him down and making him roll down the stairs. Meowth turned around in shock, wondering what was going on. To his dismay, he saw some big white markings on the carpet and some on his friend’s face. “Wobbuffet! What do you tink, you’re doin’?” he yelled angrily as he ran into the center of the stairs.

“Wobbuffet!” Wobbuffet croaked alarmingly as he pointed behind Meowth.

Confused, he turned around and got hit by the same sack. He too got knocked down, and also fell down the stairs. After his crash landing, Meowth sat up shaking his head. “Dat smarts,” he moaned before he and his blobby friend looked up and saw Jerry and Patchy sticking their tongues at them while pulling their lower eyelids. The cat realised that they were the ones who swung the big sack like a pendulum. “Let’s get ‘em!” he yelled angrily as he gave chase, with Wobbuffet following him.

Most Romantic Moment:

Moment of Peace said:
Mew looks at him with the same expression he had before. No hatred, no anger, just a tranquil stare, a vague smile that seems only a little sad. She’s fading away.

There’s a brush of fingertips over his tearstains. Mewtwo’s still crying tears for a lost child, yet he is no longer sure that he isn’t that child now. All of the years he spent growing and changing seem useless now. Deep inside, the clone never made it past the suffering he had endured as a child.

Still dreaming of better things, just like a child, never accepting bitter reality.

There is a kiss, a brush of lips that develops into something harsh. It’s nothing innocent, since neither of them truly are innocent. It’s anger, hatred, desperation all in a single gesture. It’s everything Mewtwo wants to say, all the accusations he wants to make, all the rage and betrayal he still bears. Without a voice, there is nothing else he can do. The living have no voice in the land of the dead, and although Mewtwo has his doubts on whether his body is living, he knows that his soul has not yet awoken.

The kiss softens after all of the rage diminishes. It isn’t gone, far from it, but the clone has no more use for it. It’s just another demon clinging to his exhausted soul, one that he can’t quite shake away. But it’s gone for the time being, fading away as he relishes in the sensation of a warm body against his.

How long has it been since he’s felt warmth in such a way?

There are hands on him, a lover’s touch. It hurts, because each touch brings that phantom beat from a heart he knows shouldn’t be able to beat.

Mew pulls away. This world is not quite silent anymore; there are voices and the desperate sound of weeping echoing distantly within the darkness. Mewtwo realizes he must be starting to fall asleep again. His vision is hazy, the entire image beginning to blear, and a dizzy sensation washes over the clone’s mind. He blinks slowly, and when he opens his eyes, Mew is far away, walking away.

Leaving.

The Hourglass said:
The Persian looked away, trying not to look at him too much. The Ekans reached his hand up and lifted her chin so she would look right at him. The two stared, Katera’s eyes watering a bit as she felt some tears coming on. Slowly the two grew closer, before Jiro pressed his snaky lips against the Persians. The two held the innocent kiss for only a second, a second of complete bliss for both. But a second was very short length of time and as soon as it began, it ended.

Katera stared rather surprised at the kiss, Jiro seemed a bit surprise but more pleased at the outcome of it. The Persian looked at him a second longer before looking away and wiping some tears.

“We can’t do this.”

“Why not?” he replied, “Don’t you love me?”

“My life wasn’t made for love.” She whispered, “But I do.”

“Katera…”

She looked at him again, but this time with much fear. “If he found out… you would…” the Persian shook her head. “We can’t do this.”

“… I’m willing to take the risk. But, I will respect your wishes.” He nodded standing up. She watched him in a bit of surprise; she had never heard that before. She was so use to Ransom getting what he wanted, even if she was in no mood for it, that a man actually listening to her was something she had never experienced.
Once more the Ekans was about to leave, when the Persian caught his hand. He looked back at her, but she would not look at him. She squeezed his hand tightly as he turned to run a hand over her cheek.

“I love you.” She whispered, “Ever since I met you, I loved you.” She looked up at him, tears in her eyes. “We… we can’t ever let this be found out.”

“I know.” He replied simply as he kissed her lips lightly, barely touching them. She knew this affection well, but something in the way he held her and spoke to her, it was like he was actually speaking to her and not the body, not the looks or mask she wore.

He knew her. And it felt so good to be loved that way.

The Heir of Delclina (Starbolts Chronicles) said:
Jenna noticed the time on her clock was quickly approaching six o’clock. She had spent the day with her friends and fellow teammates in preparation for this moment. Aquita, Sara, Angela and Kaori were all supportive of the decision she was about to make about her and M’anta’s relationship. As leader of the Starbolts, Jenna faced down opponents many times her size and yet here she was in a red evening gown with a bare back with golden bracelets breathing heavily in anticipation for M’anta’s arrival.

“I can do this.” Jenna went toward the large mirror on her dresser and grabbed a hairbrush and fixed her golden locks. “I’m only going to propose to a prince…who is the only man I ever really loved.”

Jenna’s mind drifted to the first time she and M’anta had kissed. They were both sixteen years old and had just told each other their deepest secrets inside the old Agents of S.T.A.R. headquarters’ pool shortly after the group’s first mission. He had called her “Nuchalla Oayar” ,which in Aquan meant, “brave one”. She felt safe with a man for the first time in years and found herself kissing the alien. She smiled knowing that he helped to shape the woman she became. A woman who was no longer afraid to be close to a man.

“You complete my son….” Jenna heard a familiar sounding voice in her head that at the same time startled her and filled her with confidence as she grabbed a necklace with a pendant shaped like the insignia on M’anta’s uniform. “He needs you and you need him.”

“Sirak…” Jenna closed her eyes and smiled as she placed the Aquan jewelry around her neck that had been a gift from the king to her “Thank you, your highness.”

A light thump on the balcony heralded the arrival of M’anta and Jenna quickly turned her attention toward the green clad figure opening the double glass doors in front of him. Outside, M’anta could see that Jenna was all dressed up and wondered what she was up to. The day had been full of action for him and ever since he talked to Jenna’s dad, he had felt more confidence about the path the Gods laid out for him. M’anta stood in the doorway, taking in the beauty in front of him wearing a red gown, hair tied back and wearing the necklace his father gave her. He took off his helmet and tossed it on the bed in order to get a better look and sure enough, his eyes did not deceive him.

“Someone’s been all over the news.” Jenna took M’anta’s hands and led him to the Italian leather couch on the other side of the room and sat down.

“I needed to keep busy.” M’anta shrugged and sat beside her. “Your dad thought it’d be a good idea to see how much the world needs people like us. I guess I needed that wake up call.”

“Sounds like you got much needed perspective, di’aga.” Jenna paused for a minute and saw M’anta chuckle a bit. He looked right back at her and fixed some of the blonde hair on his head that fell out of place. “Isn’t it about time someone saved your life?”

“What do you mean?” M’anta looked perplexed. In his mind, Jenna had saved him time and again.

“Prince M’anta Sirak J’arrsti of Aquarius?” Jenna took M’anta’s hands and her eyes welled up with tears and threatened to ruin her mascara. “I know you’re on a path and I can’t imagine not being by your side. You’ve helped me learn to love a man and trust some of them. Now, I see one man needing guidance and a partner on his journey. Will you marry me?”

M’anta smiled and he felt a huge weight lifted off his shoulders. “I was about to ask you the same thing. Yes, Jenna!”

There was then a moment of silence as both sat motionless in response to the answer. Jenna carefully placed her right hand on M’anta’s cheek. In an instant, the pair found themselves kissing on the couch and somehow they both knew that whatever the future held, they would meet and obstacle head on. M’anta held her close and again was able to feel his soon to be wife’s heartbeat. It was the same calm rhythm from that morning.

“Ya A’mas ti.” M’anta spoke the Aquan words for ‘I love you.’ With gratitude in his voice.

“Ya A’mas ti, M’anta.” Jenna replied.

Pokemon Revolution: Johto said:
He gave the tiara to Travis, who held it as delicately as if it was a glass treasure. The master of ceremonies, whose eyes finally caught those of Travis’, gave the latter a rather bewildered expression for a long and awkward moment. Travis nodded, gesturing him to go on with the ceremony.

“Will the candidate for Queen please kneel?” The master finally spoke, and everything went quiet, save for a few hushed whispers once the crowd realized that Travis (and not Rondell) had the tiara. Travis approached Katrina and knelt in front of her.

“You deserve this more than anyone I know,” he said, placing the tiara on Katrina’s head perfectly and standing up.

“May I present to you...the King and Queen of the 142nd Golden Moon Festival!” The master of ceremonies shouted. Travis helped Katrina to her feet and heard a sniffle. When Katrina looked at him, tears were welling up in her eyes again. Travis wiped them away with his own hand and looked straight at her. There was nothing else to explain. All that was left was to say it.

“I love you,” he said.

Katrina looked shocked for about a second, then her lip began to quiver. Travis inched closer and Katrina met him, kissing him right on the lips.

That was when time stopped for both of them. Everyday life and the pain and trials thereof no longer existed. The golden moon shining above them...no longer existed. It was as if the cosmos itself no longer existed.

For him, it should have been a dream come true. Ever since he was a small boy who had nothing to him but his name, and she was a small girl raised almost like a princess, he had felt strangely about her. He didn’t understand it growing up. He didn’t know why, back when they were small children, his and Shiro’s friendship nearly ended when the latter hurt Katrina (who, at that point, was only the rich girl across town) while using his roller skates. He didn’t know why, back when they were ten going on eleven, he had shut himself in his room and refused to talk to anyone when he had found out that Katrina and Nate were seeing a lot more of each other. He didn’t know why, when he was twelve and the aforementioned pair had a falling out, he felt an occasional desire to do bodily harm to the latter of the two. He didn’t know why, just recently, her status with him and Shiro had been restored despite the fact that she had been quite close with someone that he outright hated at some points. But now he understood, and it made him feel decades wiser – twelve going on forty.

For her, she felt a burden lifted off of her shoulders. Of the two boys that she was best friends with, she had always been closer to him. Even when she was with Nate, having her first experience at what one would call a steady relationship, she felt that something had been missing. This was a new experience for her, but it hardly felt that way. After everything that she had gone through the past couple of years, she felt rather like a traveler who had finally gotten rid of heavy bags – because, after journeying far and wide, she had come back to where she never should have left. She had come back home.

The first thing that Travis noticed on the outside world (after about what felt like an eternity) was the loud, collective sigh of “Awww............” coming from the crowd, whom he had again forgotten was even there. The second thing he noticed was a laugh. Katrina was laughing and smiling and, like this year’s golden moon, was shining more brightly and more beautifully than ever. Katrina had laid it all to rest, right there, and Travis could see the difference immediately. The color had returned to her face. Even her hair had some of its pep back.

“I love you, too,” she said to him, throwing her arms around him and laughing for the first time in what seemed like ages. Then they heard a deafening BANG and broke apart.

Seemingly right on cue, the fireworks show had started from the roof of the Galleria. Travis and Katrina smiled at each other, held hands, and looked up at the amazing display of light. Shiro and Madeline joined them. The latter was beaming, and the former, as he looked at his best friends, had a sly smirk on his face that was clearly saying, “It’s about time.”

Tale as Old as Time said:
Tears clouding her vision as she ripped off her own cloak and placed it over the bleeding wound. Drew’s raspy breathing becoming hitched in pain at the act when he added a little pressure, but it had to be done.

For the second time, Drew brought his hand up to cup May’s face, wanting to look at her while he had the chance since he felt his eyelids becoming heavy.

“You... You came back,” he rasped, feeling the pain in his side becoming hot as his blood soaked through May’s thin cloak and formed into a puddle on the floor.

“Of course I came back!” May replied, heartbroken that Drew would even think she would leave him to defend his castle all by himself. “I-I couldn’t let them...” she shook her head. “This is all my fault! I should have gotten here sooner.” She cried, tears soaking her cheeks as she watched Drew simply fight to breath and keep his eyes open.

It just wasn’t fair! How could this have happened?! She got there in time, but because of her Drew wasn’t paying attention to his attacker and he was wounded for it! If she’d gotten there sooner then she could have done something! Headed Gary off! Talked him out of it! Something!

“M-maybe... it’s better... it’s better this way...” Drew choked, removing his hand since his arm was getting rather heavy, finding it more and more painful to even utter the simplest of words.

He loved May, he really did. And it was killing him seeing the tears in her eyes that she held for him. Tears that shouldn’t even be there.

In a way, he was happy, because those tears proved that while May may not love him in return, she at least cared about him. But the fact remained that they were never supposed to even meet. He forced May to stay with him, and if he were to die, then she would be free to go home and never have to worry about her well being ever again. And Drew would be free from his curse as well.

May sobbed, pulling himself closer to her face as she spoke. “Don't talk like that. You'll be all right,” she cried, caressing his face and running his fingers through the soft fur of his mask as she planted kisses on both of his cheeks and forehead. Her tears dripping onto his face and becoming absorbed by the fur of the mask. “We're together now. Everything's going to be fine. You'll see,” she sobbed, caressing Drew’s forehead.

Using all the strength he could, Drew lifted his hand again, wanting to feel May’s smooth skin in his hand. May could deny it all she liked, but Drew knew he was going to die.

If only he could tell her that he loved her, just once, but to do that would make their last moments together awful and awkward, and he didn’t want that. “At-at least... I got to see you... one last time...” He breathed, feeling May holding his hand in both of her hands as he hid his face in it.

Drew forced his eyes open wide one last time, getting a good look at the sapphire-eyed girl before him, knowing that it was the last look he was ever going to get as he felt his breath leave him and his eyes slowly shut.

May could feel the muscles in Drew’s arm relaxing as his hand slowly dropped from her grip and fall next to him. Laying there limply, her hands feeling cold and empty without it.

More tears clouded May’s vision at the sight of him. Laying there, and unmoving. She shook her head in denial though, refusing to believe that Drew, her Prince, her rescuer could be killed.

“D-Drew?” she asked, her voice coming out in a tiny squeak.

She got no answer, and her heart clenched.

Reaching out, she gently shook his shoulder, as if willing her to wake up from a deep sleep. “Drew?” she asked again, more determination in her voice.

When he did not answer, or move, or even breathe, May knew that he was gone. And she began to sob uncontrollably as her head slowly dropped onto Drew’s unmoving chest. Hugging him tight as she shook and cried on his body.

“Please! Please don't leave me!!” she sobbed as she held onto him. Feeling as if her heart had just been brutally ripped from her chest as she lay there with him. Willing away the whole thing with his sobs, wishing to just wake up in her bedroom in the castle to find that everything had been nothing more than a nightmare. And that she and Drew were going to go outside that day to feed the birds and play with the animals before coming in to sit together by the fire in the library.

Just like always.

May opened her teary eyes, and found to her ultimate misery that it was no nightmare, and Drew still lay dead beneath her.

She sobbed again, more tears streaming down her cheeks. “I love you,” she whispered softly, still clinging to his body and hoping that Drew could hear her from wherever he went.

The rose then wilted, and the last petal fell.

Ash, Misty and the other enchanted servants were practically frozen on the spot, all looking up at the glass case just in time to see the last petal of the rose break off from the stem of the flower before torturously floating to the bottom. Watching in near horror as the flower then wilted and lost the last of its mystical glow before turning their tear-stained faces over to where their dead master lay. May still clinging onto him and miserably sobbing on his chest.

They simply could not believe it. After going through all of that, the spell, May, the arguments, and then the battle with the villagers... they had been so close. But now, they were to not only remain cursed for the rest of their lives, but they had to do it without their master as well.

How could things have possibly gone so wrong?

Most Edge-of-your-seat Moment:

//Dead Links\\ said:
When he had formed the complex circles and loops of the pattern, Meddick set the can down. His fingers reeked of the lighter fluid that had dripped on his hands, as did the sash around his neck that he had soaked earlier. He dropped to his knee again, picked up the candle, and then touched the flame to one end of the oily shape on the grass. The fire extended itself across the lawn with a soft whoosh, winding its way along the lines of the fluid trail until it burned brightly as the symbol of the Blessed Journey.

Meddick had to work quickly while the symbol still burned clearly. In a moment, the flames would spread across the lawn, and the signal would be lost. He spread his arms wide, raised his eyes to the stars, and tipped himself forward.

As he fell into the roaring flames, Jeremiah Meddick leapt for joy at the knowledge that he would finally leave his body and begin the journey into the next plane of existence.

Release said:
The scar was a reminder, a warning. It reminded her of the lengths Giovanni would go to keep his secrets. She chuckled a little at that, humourlessly, eyes cold. He loved his secrets. Memories of her former comrades ruthlessly pursuing her, viewing her not as the friend they had laughed with, cried with, but as their target in a deadly game of hide and seek, flickered through her mind. If they’d found her, they would’ve killed her, simple as that. Once you were in, you were in. There was only one way out.

-another rustle as the gun was raised and the target sighted, the sharp intake of breath as a finger pulled at the trigger-

A fatal choice, it is, to join the rockets.

bang

A small figure slipped off the back of a chestnut feathered bird, gold hair flashing briefly as it plummeted towards the distant forest, a trail of scarlet following its descent. A distant crash, and then silence.

Crimson seeping into the blood soaked soil..

//Dead Links\\ said:
Kitty dabbed at her eyes again with the cluster of tissues in her hand. It had shredded to the point where it fell apart in her fingers. Kitty crawled out of her makeshift nest to get more from the bathroom. “Yeah, sure, but it ain’t no big deal. I mean, even though some o’ those guys even threatened to kill me.”

“Kill you?” Sarah’s bed creaked in the background as she shifted her stance. “Kitty, I must say I don’t share your casual view of being threatened with murder. This is quite serious.”

As Kitty crossed her apartment, the falling sun cast the living room in shades of red. She felt as if she waded through pools of blood until she came to the hallway leading to her bathroom. “Lighten up, Sarah. It’s no big deal.”

“No big deal? Someone has threatened to terminate your life, and you have the chutzpah to tell me it’s no big deal?”

Kitty reached the bathroom door to find it closed again. Her eyebrows came together as she realized that she had made it a point to leave the door open. In fact, she also thought she had left the lights on, but now shadows filled the doorway.

“Relax.” Kitty said as she moved closer to the bathroom door. “You be on the Internet long enough, you’re gonna get death threats, but it don’t mean nothin’. Just some punk kid who had his Wheaties and felt tough this mornin’. It’s one thing to say you’ll kill somebody, another thing to step up here and do it. Besides, it’s just a website. Nobody ever killed nobody else over a website.”

She stretched out a hand to push on the bathroom door. It creaked open, allowing some of the harsh rays of sunlight to touch the floor. Kitty’s eyes widened as she noticed a smear of mud on the white tiles in front of the toilet. The dirt looked fresh, not quite dry, and the imprinted curls of a boot’s print traced one side.

Kitty wasn’t wearing boots.

Her breathing quickened as the feeling of being watched intensified. This time, it didn’t feel like paranoia. It felt real.

Her telephone trembled beside her mouth. Her puffs of air onto her mouthpiece made Sarah call out, “Kitty? Yoo-hoo, are you still there? You sound like you're hyperventilating.”

Kitty’s cheeks grew dry and clung to her teeth as she whispered, “Sarah, I think somebody’s in my apartment.”

“What? What’s going on over there?”

The mysteriously closed door, the bathroom light that had turned off, and the boot-print all came together in one instant. She gripped the phone harder until the plastic creaked in her ear. The darkness inside her bathroom had come alive with shapes of hidden monsters. Tap, tap, tap went something that she told herself was just the faucet dripping, but the fear clouding her mind turned into something more.

“I think there’s somebody in my bathroom,” Kitty hissed.

“Oh my lord. Get out of there, Kitty. Right now.”

Kitty took a step back from the dark portal, trying to kept her voice as low as possible. “I gotta call 911.”

“I’ll call the police for you, just get out of there, right now. That’s an order. Please, please, please do as I say.”

Kitty breathed, “Okay.”

She punched the button on the phone that disconnected the call. If someone really did hide inside her bathroom, then he would know she was here by now. She could imagine him huddled inside the shower, watching and waiting as she had gotten tissues and washed her face. If he hadn’t attacked her yet, then he might not attack her at all. He might be unarmed. She might be able to take him on. There might not be anyone in the bathroom at all. It might be one of Lesley’s old footprints on her floor, and the air-conditioning moving her shower curtain, and a dripping faucet tapping away in the darkness. She felt silly running and calling the police over nothing.

Or there might be a psychotic maniac in the bathroom with a chainsaw and the bedside manner of Freddy Krueger, just waiting for her to turn her back so he could chop her into hamburger. She had gotten death threats. The risk of looking like a paranoid idiot outweighed the risk of being attacked, robbed, or killed. Kitty had to fight against her nature and retreat.

She allowed the tension building inside of her to be released, driving her as she backed away from the bathroom door, then ran to the front door.

Something blocked her escape. Through her panic and the crimson light falling through her window, the form looked indistinct. A moment passed before she could make out thin legs supporting a body that held an arm that aimed a Winchester Model 70 Classic Sporter bolt action rifle at her head. It took all of Kitty’s strength to keep her knees from buckling at the sight of it, and then she realized that was exactly what she needed to do. She let go, and dropped to the floor just as the rifle went off. The bang of the shot hit her like needles driven into her ears. She could feel a breeze as the bullet whipped over her head, then the crash of it impacting with the bathroom mirror.

Best Reviewer:
Sike Saner
DarkPersian479
Psychic
Yami Ryu
Negrek
Bay
Hanako Tabris

~*Mudkip Fantastic*~, you didn't say where the excerpt is from. I'm assuming it's from Pokemon Origins III: The War of Armageddon as that's all you nominated but still, I need to know where that excerpt is from so I can put it in.

Also, I got rid of Katie's nominations except for the one's she wants to stay in. If anyone spots that I forgot to get rid of one, just tell me.

Also, the following authors have more than three nominations:

Bay
CHeSHiRe-CaT
EonMaster One
IceKing
Kiyohime
Knightblazer
masterwannabe
.:pyroken Serafoculus:.
Saffire Persian
Sike Saner
xXSaberXx

If someone could go through the list again, it'll be great because I just know I missed one or two authors who have more than three nominations, I just know it. So someone should go through the list again and add the few authors who have more than three nominations I forgot and missed.

Also, I'll choose my three nominations to stay in after the list of authors with more than three catergories is finalised.

Last edited:
Sorry about that. It was from Pokemon Origins III. Chapter 11 if that is needed.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
mines not on there for best Adventure, which it was nominated.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Ironically, "vocabulary" is misspelled, as is the name of my fic nominated in that catagory.

Draco Malfoy

-REaction
~RaikouRider243~ also has more than three nominations. He needs to choose too.

IceKing

Sexorific!
I'll choose Best Horror Story, Best Romance Story, and Most Creative Author

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH
I'm going for Best Use of Existing Character, Most Improved Author, and Most Over-Looked Author.

I thank Angelique for nominating me for Best Reviewer, but I am going to decline that nomination. The other nominees are much better reviewers then I. Plus, I don't review as much as I did before.

Good luck everyone!

I'm still waiting for responses from:

CHeSHiRe-CaT
EonMaster One
Kiyohime
xXSaberXx

Masterwannabe, out of curiosiy, did you contact everyone on the list about this? If not, I can contact them now. Sorry for the delay everybody! I'll try contacting the 4 who haven't responded yet soon. If I don't get any replies by the 21st, then I will just take the first 3 nominations on the list and use them.

Draco Malfoy

-REaction
Flaming_Lip, I didn't contact them. I tried PM-ing but SPP decided to be a pain in the arse and eat me Personal Messeges. -.-;;

Anyway, I'll stay in these catergories:

Best Non-Pokemon Story

Best New Author

Best Horror Story

Status
Not open for further replies.