• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fan Fiction Quarterly: The Quarterly Challenge Winners Thread

AmericanPi

Write on
Fan Fiction Quarterly: The Quarterly Challenge Winners Thread

This is a neat little reference thread that lays out the winners of the Quarterly Challenges in the different editions of the Fan Fiction Quarterly. A "winner" of a Quarterly Challenge is simply a fic that fulfills the prompt of a Quarterly Challenge. Winners of each Quarterly Challenge are sorted alphabetically by title under the respective Quarterly Challenge, under a spoiler tag.

Each Quarterly's challenge may be completed anytime by anyone with an SPPf account and posted in the appropriate section (general fics in Fan Fiction, non-Pokemon fics in Non-Pokemon Fics, and shipping fics in Shipping Fics). Once you've completed a Quarterly Challenge, please make a post here linking to your story. (You don't have to, but if you do that makes it easier for us to find your story and categorize it.) If you've completed a challenge but this thread does not feature your story yet, feel free to let me or one of the Fan Fiction mods (bobandbill, Dragonfree, Psychic, or JX Valentine) know, and one of us will edit this post accordingly. We are flawed human beings, and we apologize for not featuring your story.

Every story that completes a Quarterly Challenge is guaranteed to receive a review from at least one mod. Fics that still need to be reviewed by a moderator are bolded.

Edition 1
Write a fic about a platonic friendship. Bonus points go to those who write about a friendship between two members of the opposite gender, without making them a romantic couple in the end.

Edition 2
Write a fic without any dialogue. Bonus points goes to those who include a "conversation" consisting entirely of gestures and body language.
"Released" by AmericanPi
"Silence" by The Teller
"Stationary" by Dramatic Melody
"This Is..." by JX Valentine

Edition 3
Write a fic about a holiday that doesn't exist. Bonus points go to those who create a holiday that is clearly winter-themed, but in no way resembles Christmas.
"Auld Lang Syne" by Spiteful Murkrow
"Let's Free" by The Teller
"One Winter Awakening" by AmericanPi
"Out in the Cold" by Umbramatic
"The Entertainer" by bobandbill

Edition 4
Write a crossover fic. Bonus points go to those who cross over three or more fandoms or works.

Edition 5
Write a fic where the protagonist has unusual, Pokemon canon-based powers of some sort. Bonus points go to those who have multiple characters with powers or a character with multiple powers.
Hidden Power: A Lumineon's Story by AmericanPi
"Switch" by DeliriousAbsol

Edition 6
Write a fic that's only dialogue. Bonus points go to those who include no dialogue tags such as "he said", and/or include accents.
"Catching Up" by AmericanPi
"Unpacking" by Dramatic Melody

Last edited by a moderator:

JX Valentine

Ever-Discordant
Sticking and adding to the Bumpable Index because aww yeeeah, index threads!

Forreal, Pi, thanks for doing this. :D I can tell this is going to be hella handy for both mods and curious folks alike (because legit, all of the entries we've gotten for the challenges were pretty neat so far~).

Umbramatic

The Ghost Lord
So, remember that Pokemon X Fire Emblem: Awakening story called... Rude Awakening I wanted to do for the Quarterly 4 Challenge but got screwed over by RL before I could make much progress? Yes? No? Either way, have no fear, for after so many delays it's finally happened!

...Technically. Due to how long it's shaping up to be and its planned story structure, I decided to split it into chapters, since I've also been informed chapterfics are OK under this new system. On that, though, the Quarterly 4 prompt isn't technically fulfilled until the currently-in progress second chapter drops, if that affects mod reviews or anything; right now it just starts off with some Legendaries being nerds. XD It does eventually lead to some crazy crossover character collisions, some hilarious, some heartwarming, some heartbreaking.

Last edited: