• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fan Fiction Recommendations & Reviewers' Leaderboard

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
It looks to me like you pretty much hit something from all five chapters. That general bit is more for people who, say, post a paragraph or two after having binge read a fic. If that makes sense.

Cutlerine

Gone. Not coming back.
Star Performer (one chapter) +1
Gap Year (one chapter) +1
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Guiding Light (one chapter) +1
Update total: +3
Running total: 49

Star Performer continues to be wonderfully sweet; Gap Year continues to be wonderfully mysterious; Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Guiding Light continues to be impressive. Not all of them will be to all tastes, I guess, but they're all worth checking out to see if you like them at least!

Ambyssin

+2 System:Reboot (2nd review)
+2 Star Performer
+1 Ghost Town
+1 Sibling Rivalry
+4 Becoming a Master
Total: +10
Monthly total: 104

Lots of fun times here. Grass-types rampaging in System:Reboot, dynamic double batting in Star Performer, a brand new period peace/murder mystery with possibly some paranormal flavoring in Ghost Town, the makings of a jerkish villain in Sibling Rivalry, and an extended backstory with a very depressing ending in Becoming a Master.

Bay

YEAHHHHHHH

Dragonfree

Just me

Ambyssin

+1 Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Reflecting Balance
+1 Casting Off
+1 Arbitrary Execution
+1 PMD: Odyssey to Dawn
+1 The Amazing Hawlucha-Man
+1 Sibling Rivalry
Total: +6
Monthly total: 110

Of course, I'd recommend all of these. But I'm going to give a special shout out to Reflecting Balance for its return with some heartwarming bits between teammates, and to Casting Off for being a rather funny, PMD-style spoof on your classic boot camp comedies, with some sports movie quirks thrown in for good measure. As someone who unashamedly loves that stuff, it was very fun. ^^

Cutlerine

Gone. Not coming back.
One last review to round out the month:

Land of the Roses (two chapters) +2
Running total: 51

Land of the Roses is new -- to these forums, at least -- and it's off to a promising start! It's always nice to see more character-driven dramas, and this one looks like it has the potential to go quite far.

Ambyssin

Friendly reminder that, if you want a review scored for January, it needs to be posted here by Midnight EST. I'm saying that because I'll be asleep by then, so I'm not going to be able to post the end of month results until tomorrow.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive

Ambyssin

And that wraps up the start of 2018. Great work everyone! We had plenty of extra Yuletide love running through the month. Hopefully that helped you all through the extended post-holiday hangover. I know it did for me. ^^

3rd place: Dramatic Melody (42 points)

2nd place: Cutlerine (51 points)

1st place: Ambyssin (110 points)

Congratulations to all who took part and, once again, if you have any feedback, don't hesitate to let me know. I think there's talk of trying to make some changes to how this is a run (like a banking point system), but I'd really need some outside help as far as brainstorming goes. Especially on the prize front, because I'm drawing a total blank.

Do let me know if you guys would like to see more themed bonuses akin to the oneshot special in the future, as it's something I'd like to do more of. And if you think there's a fic that you'd like to put up for Hidden Gem consideration, please PM me. I was thinking it might be nice to rotate the featured fic around more often than just every month (or have multiple featured fics in a month to spread the love around).

The new featured fic is: snowstorm on the yellow sea (V.2), by roule! A review will net you 10 bonus points.

Best of luck to everyone choosing to participate in February, which, unless you're a time lord, has already started!

Sike Saner

Peace to the Mountain
The Quest for the Legends, +2

Read this fic if you want to find yourself sitting there, staring at the screen, going holy heck for a few good moments on end. On more than one occasion. (And for the love of all that's holy and some of what ain't, do NOT read the reviews in the linked post [or any other reviews] prior to catching up with the story so far.)

Total: 2
Monthly total: 2

Cutlerine

Gone. Not coming back.
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Guiding Light (two chapters) +2
Casting Off (one chapter) +1
Running total: 3

Kicking off February with a couple of reviews! The action is ramping up in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Guiding Light, and it's kind of striking how the story has evolved since that first chapter; Casting Off builds on a promising start with a very fun -- and slightly ominous -- second chapter. Both recommended.

Last edited:

Cutlerine

Gone. Not coming back.
Snowstorm on the Yellow Sea (one chapter) +1 (+10 bonus)
Land of the Roses (one chapter) +1
Update total: +12
Running total: 15

Land of the Roses continues to impress; Snowstorm on the Yellow Sea is an interesting reboot of an already interesting fic. Worth checking out!

Negrek

Lost but Seeking

Cutlerine

Gone. Not coming back.
Dear Liepard (one-shot) +1
Land of the Roses (one chapter) +2
Running total: 18

Dear Liepard is a great little follow-up to Dear Purrloin, and well worth checking out if you've read the prequel -- if you haven't, then you can have the pleasure of reading both! Land of the Roses, meanwhile, is starting to get going properly, with a big pile of corpses and some deadly mushrooms, and that's always a fun combination.