• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fan Fiction Recommendations & Reviewers' Leaderboard

Cutlerine

Gone. Not coming back.
Tales of Reborn: The Six Rifts of the Heavens (one chapter) +1
The Wysteria Files (one chapter) +1
Pure of Heart (one chapter) +1
Update total: +3
Running total: 12

Tales of Reborn and The Wysteria Files are an intriguing double debut from TheAlpar; both are really interesting, for different reasons -- one is an adapted tabletop campaign, one is an in-universe-style journal of Weird Things Happening -- and definitely worth your time checking out, if you're looking for something a little unusual. Pure of Heart continues with what feels like the last bit of set-up for its protagonist's journey into Johto -- and it looks like that journey is going to be an interesting one, now that she has to cart around a distinctly murderous Mewtwo without letting him kill anything ...

DeliriousAbsol

Call me Del

Cutlerine

Gone. Not coming back.
Land of the Roses (one chapter) +1
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Guiding Light (four chapters) +4
Update total: +5
Running total: 17

Sneaking in a couple more reviews before the month is out! Both fics here are well worth checking out, if you're looking for something to read over the weekend.

Negrek

Lost but Seeking
+1
+9
+14 (four chapters, 10 bonus)
+14 (four chapters, 10 bonus)

Total this post: 38
Monthly total: 38

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
And that's time! It looks like this forum survived the big server move without any serious casualties... except for spoiler tags and some table of contents, of course. Hopefully the kinks start to get worked out. I do realize that the server move also renders one of the prizes pretty much moot. So, uh, I guess it's back to the drawing board for me... or something. Anyway, enough babbling. Here are your results!

3rd place: Cutlerine (17 points)

2nd place: DeliriousAbsol (24 points)

1st place: Negrek (38 points)

Congratulations to everyone!

XxX​

So, there have been quite a lot of fics put up here as of late. And (unless I'm missing something) XenForo doesn't let me see a breakdown of who's posted in what topic. That honestly makes the job of picking fics to feature incredibly difficult. I may try rotating through some different fics this month and seeing what happens. But, naturally, I need a place to start. With that said...

The new featured fics are: Chronicles of a Furret by JFought and Tales of Reborn: The Six Rifts of Heaven by TheAlpar! A review of either will net you 10 bonus points. But act quickly, because this will change before the month is out!

Chibi Pika

Stay positive

Cutlerine

Gone. Not coming back.
The Wysteria Files (two chapters) +2
Tales of Reborn: The Six Rifts of the Heaven (one chapter) +1 (+10 bonus = +11)
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Guiding Light (one chapter) +1
Running total: 14

Congratulations to DeliriousAbsol and Negrek for placing so highly last month! Starting April off with three reviews, one for an excellent bonus to a long-running fic, two for recent updates to newer ones. I've mentioned Tales of Reborn and The Wysteria Files before, but I'm going to have to give the latter another shout-out for its consistently distinctive narrators and interesting conceits; it's definitely worth checking out.

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
Beasts and Beauties +2 Man, you all know I tend to gravitate towards adventure, original trainer, or PMD fics, so when a canon-centric drama barges its way onto my favorites list like this, you know it's gotta be good.

Running total: 4

DeliriousAbsol

Call me Del
Last edited:

Ambyssin

Even though we're halfway through April, we recently had a new installment of Del's Delicious Deli come out. You should check it out, if you haven't already. Of course, every installment brings a Hidden Gem, and with it comes an additional bonus. Have at it!

The Deli Hidden Gem bonus is now in play! A review of Starlight Aurate's Drowning will get you 15 bonus points!

Cutlerine

Gone. Not coming back.
Love and Other Nightmares (revised) (one chapter) +1
The Wysteria Files (one chapter) +1
Land of the Roses (one chapter) +1
Update total: +3
Running total: 17

Love and Other Nightmares has just updated, and is shaping up to be one of the best trainer fics I've read in a while; The Wysteria Files has at this point grabbed me enough to overcome my initial indifference to horror stories and got me actually quite interested in what it's trying to achieve; and Land of the Roses continues to be a relaxing, gently-paced wander around a place almost but not quite recognisable as somewhere you know. All recommended!

Ambyssin

@DreamSayer : forgot to give yourself the point. You're at 52.

Anyhow. It's been about three weeks, so I'm going to rotate out our two featured fics. If you reviewed Tales of Reborn or Chronicles of a Furret while they were featured but forgot to log the review, you can still get the bonus. On the flip side, if you already reviewed the new featured fics, I'm sorry, but I can't retroactively apply bonuses to your score. Hopefully the author will update their story while they're featured. The Deli bonus is still in play and will stay that way until the end of May.

Our new featured fics are Misfit Angel's Land of the Roses and lucarioknight56's Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Unequivocant. A review of either will net you 10 bonus points from now until May 11th!