• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fan Fiction Recommendations & Reviewers' Leaderboard

Chibi Pika

Stay positive

Cutlerine

Gone. Not coming back.

Cutlerine

Gone. Not coming back.
Jade (four chapters) +4
The Missing One (three chapters) +3
Update total: +7
Running total: 50

Sneaking in a couple of last-minute reviews here! Both for new fics, both interesting: Jade is a trainer fic that feels like it's going places, and The Missing One is a classic mystery story -- something you don't see much of on these forums. Check them out if either of those things sound like your bag!

Negrek

Lost but Seeking
+2
+5
+18 (8 chapters, 10 bonus)
+2
+3
+4
+1
+27 (17 chapters, 10 bonus)

Total this post: 62
Monthly total: 78

Last edited:

Dragonfree

Just me
Throwing in this review for chapters 5-17 of Beasts and Beauties. It's reasonably long and references things from most of those thirteen chapters, I think, but I'll let Ambyssin judge how many points it should be worth.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
And with the calendar striking May 1st, that not only does it for the month, but for this first "season" of the Leaderboard. Nice hustle everyone! We even managed to get someone back on the podium who hasn't been there in quite awhile. Here are April's final results:

3rd place: Cutlerine (50 points)

2nd place: DreamSayer (68 points)

1st place: Negrek (78 points)

Congratulations to all! And to DreamSayer for landing the last month's interview! Now, onto the juicy stuff: the final podium for this first season. I mean, you can see the results for yourself in the score spreadsheet, but I'm-a post them here anyway! :3

3rd place: Sike Saner (264 points, 1 month won)

2nd place: Cutlerine (357 points, 3 months won)

1st place: Negrek (439 points, 6 months won)

Again, big congratulations! Negrek, I'll be reaching out to you in the future regarding fabulous prizes. *jazz hands*

XxX​

So, this is the point where I would declare that "Season 2" is starting up. And it is. You're welcome to start logging reviews for May and I will be scoring them appropriately. The featured fics will (hopefully) change on the date I schedule things to change. With that said, my personal health continues to decline and I'm not sure I'm going to be able to keep running this. I would rather not explain all the details, because it is quite personal. But suffice to say you guys deserve someone who can dedicate the proper time and energy to this. Which includes, well, remembering to actually update the topic and not relying on folks DM-ing you Discord reminders. And I'll be honest, I thought this was a temporary gig and a staff member would eventually take the reigns from me (or micromanage the topic behind the scenes). I didn't expect to have free reign... let alone for five whole months. ^^;

If you have any interest at all in taking over the Leaderboard, then please reach out to me as soon as possible! Alternatively, if you guys collectively want to create something different to run in tandem with the Leaderboard (or just flat out replace it), I'm 100% okay with it. But my guess is that you'd have to run any of those ideas by the mod team.

In the meantime, feel free to keep posting and I will keep tallying scores. Good luck and thanks to everyone who's taken part so far! ^^

Negrek

Lost but Seeking
Thanks for taking over and running the end of this season, Ambyssin! And even though you were in charge of the board, it seems weird not to acknowledge all the reviews you did yourself; I'm pretty sure you had more points than me in the end, or if not, it would have been close. So thanks for all the work you did writing reviews, too. They really livened up the section, and I know people really appreciated you taking the time to check out and comment on their stories.

Good luck to everyone in the second leaderboard season!

Chibi Pika

Stay positive
I'd like to take a moment to echo Negrek's post and thank you immensely for finishing off the 2017-2018 season! You did a great job, even if delays happened. I wish you the best luck in dealing with all that exhausting stuff irl! And of course, congrats to Negrek, Cutlerine, and Sike for taking the top three spots in that season!

The Curious and the Shiny +3

Running total: 3

diamondpearl876

Foul Play
1 chapter - 1 point

Total for May so far: 1 point

Congrats to all, and thanks, @Ambyssin, for hosting this for as long as you have! I don't think I'd personally be able to give this the time or attention it deserves, but I hope you're able to find someone who can take the workload off of you like you want soon. <3

Virgil134

PMD Writer
The Legendarian Chronicles +2

Monthly total: 2

Not sure how useful this is since I rarely post reviews, but figured I'd log it anyway just in case.

Ambyssin

Okay, so quick update. I believe I have a volunteer to take things over. I think now it's a matter of the mods approving the creation of a new topic and closing of this one. In the meantime, I'm going to honor my commitment (a day late, whoops) and rotate out the featured fics. Ideally the new host will be able to pick things up from there.

Our new featured fics are Marika_CZ's short story The Missing One, and Rediamond's guidance. A review of either will net you 10 bonus points!

Also, for anyone looking for somewhere to start, might I suggest the recently-revived Review Game? The current subject is Virgil134's Casting Off. You can earn points toward the Leaderboard and set yourself up as the next contestant. What's not to love? ^^

Negrek

Lost but Seeking
+1
+11 (one chapter, 10 bonus)

Total: 12
Monthly total: 12

Cutlerine

Gone. Not coming back.

DeliriousAbsol

Call me Del
Last edited:

Negrek

Lost but Seeking
Wrapping up the month!

+16 (6 chapters, 10 bonus)
+1

Total this post: 17
Monthly total: 29

Ambyssin

Welcome to June, one and all! I know May was a busy time for many of us, but there were still a lot of quality reviews logged this month. So, let's just take a moment to recognize our top three for May.

3rd place: Cutlerine (8 points)

2nd place: DeliriousAbsol (26 points)

1st place: Negrek (29 points)
Congratulations, once again! That will also it do it for my stint hosting the Review Thread. Thanks to JX Valentine for setting this up and entrusting me with running it all this time. Sorry I couldn't stay on longer. At this point @Negrek will be taking over hosting duties, so look for a new topic from her sometime in the near future. In the meantime, keep reviewing away and have a happy summer! :)