• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fan-Made BDSP Achievements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
One of the things that I've really wanted for Pokemon is an achievement list. Something to spice up a new playthrough of a fairly familiar set of games.
But aside from the medals in Gen V, there haven't really been any.

Lets come up with some challenges for each other in the Diamond and Pearl re-makes. We can always add more if features change.

For instance:
I lost my type chart: Become champion without clicking any super-effective moves for the entire game.
Win without fighting: Defeat a boss, only clicking status moves.
Legan... wait for it... Dary Catch Dialga or Palkia in a regular poke ball.
Caught 'Em All: Complete the Living Sinnoh Dex
Teamkiller: Defeat all of Dawn or Lucas' pokemon when they are your multi-battle partner, but still win.
Oooh shiny!: Surprise trade a legitimate shiny pokemon

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Some of those achievements don't seem cohesive with the nature and style of Pokémon. They're more like intentionally silly "what ifs."

An achievement should be obtainable in various scenarios, regardless of its difficulty, allowing the player an infinite number of chances to obtain it. Here are a few examples:

OHKO! - Defeat a foe with a single move.
One-'Mon Army - Win a battle without switching Pokémon.
The Hard Way - Win a battle without using super-effective moves.
Unrelenting Storm - Use Thunder while Rain Dance is in effect.
...I Can Do Better! - Win a battle with Ditto.

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I'm sure Nuzlocke trophies could work

Sturdy: Win the game without losing any pokemon in any battle.
Determined: Win without any legendaries.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I'm sure Nuzlocke trophies could work

Sturdy: Win the game without losing any pokemon in any battle.
Determined: Win without any legendaries.

Again, those types of achievements aren't conducive. If you fail, you would literally have to reset your game to do it over, thus losing any progress and achievements you already obtained.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
This isn’t a proper achievement but I like to face the gym leaders anime style and follow a personal few rules to make gym battles more interesting:
  • You can only use the same amount of pokémon as the gym leader
    • Exception: you can use up to six & alternate for gym trainers so your team isn’t overleveled
  • Your team can only be as strong as the gym leader’s first or second pokémon
  • You can only use 2-3 items per battle, same as the gym leaders

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Since this thread hasn't been posted in for months, feel free to make a new version.

Status
Not open for further replies.