• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fancharacter artwork

FireTheAbsolLord

Bad Username
'ello there everyone! I'm FtAL, or FireTheAbsolLord. Well, I have a character named Spirit, an Eevee. I wanted to share some of my art of him with you guys to get an opinion on his character design and my art style. Okay, here we go!

spirit.png

Despite having gore, this is the first picture of Spirit, ever. I chose gore because I wanted this possible OC to have a bloody past, and that's what I gave him. This photo desided everything about Spirit, even though it may not look like much.

spirit2.png

This is the second picture of Spirit. It isn't much because that's how I wanted it to be. Just Spirit with a psychoticish look in his eyes and a red background to represent blood. Did I meniton this? I don't think so....Spirit has an english accent.

96826918.png
This is Spirit's unoffical, or imcomplete clothing design. I wanted to add more onto Spirit, gloves, and this picture came to be. This was after Spirit's story was decided, and shows the kind side of him.

I know its not much but I'd love to hear what you think about my art. Thank you for your time.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Hmm... an Eevee with hair hanging over its eyes, depicted with blood, drawn in MS Paint? Named Spirit, even?

I hate to be rude, but you're not exactly shooting the creativity route, eh?

Well, let's get down to business. Although MS Paint is a wonderful program for spriting, it takes a lot of effort to make artwork with it. I'd reccomend doing your work by hand or with a more advanced program.

It's clear from all of your drawings that a lesson in anatomy is in order. Eevee, by nature, is quadrepedal; your character seems to be able to stand on two legs as well. Hm, okay, but have you seen something like a bear or a dog stand on two legs? It's ungainly (definately not a human stance, which "Spirit" is showing in the last two pictures) and probably can't do something like hold a scythe. Of course, that's probably more due to the lack of thumbs. That's also an issue. You can't really hold anything with paws. Even if you do magically grow elbows (quadrepedal things usually don't have elbows, by the by.) You might benefit from going online and looking at how things are held. The scythe is held improperly in the first two pictures (one would grab it by the base with both hands.. paws.. whatever.)

Off the concept and more to the drawings themselves. An anime style seems to be showing through, so let's work with that. The outlines are very rough and ragged, and don't capture Eevee's shape very well; this thing's looking more like a long-armed Pikachu. The shading is the most notable thing, as it appears to be coming from all over the place, and like the outline, rough and jagged.

I don't feel like the pictures are showing what you're trying to represent. The first picture looks like a happy Eevee.. with elbows... kind of standing on a scythe and making a cute pose smeared in ketchup. The words seriously don't match what's coming across on the picture. The second picture doesn't really look very.. insane either.

http://i53.*******.com/nlx0nc.png

I tried to represent the things I just said in a picture. Hopefully it shows what you can improve on, and how to better show the personality of a given character. It's quick, so I apologize for lack of quality.

Good luck! Sorry this was so long, I'm in a writing mood today.

l3reederDan

PkMn l3reeder
Addedto what ^ said, a nice background wouldn't hurt either. The easy route would be to use the spray can tool, and blotch colors together, but is that what the audience really wants? Try something a little more.. How would you put it.. Well thought out, I guess? Perhaps, instead of the spray can colors, use different shades of read to draw spattered blood along the walls, and use the white background to your benefit. If he's insane, then a white room is perfect, and with added blood in the right areas, it would mend together perfectly. Just a little suggestion. MS paint isn't the best program for serious drawings.~