• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fancy Cup!

CloudVII

Push It To The Limit
Remember when we didn't have 16 different tiers/cups and we could just play with our favorites?

Yeah, me neither.

Remember when we didn't have 16 different tiers/cups and we could just play with our favorites?

Yeah, me neither.

I have to agree with BH here. Nothing's stopping you from using your favorites. In fact, if you can win with say, Sudowoodo, you're better than those idiots with Thundurruses and Conkelderps.

That's not entirely what I meant. As far as I'm concerned there is only one real "tier" which is standard (OU) and the Ubers banlist. There are about 20 Pokemon in Ubers you can not use, but well over 600 you can.

UU, RU, Middle Cup, etc are all just alternate rulesets people like to play by because this game is played not because its a HARDCORE COMPETITIVE GAME WITH PRIZE MONEY, its a casual game people play for fun.

R4GEKILL!!!

Me So Thorny
UU, RU, Middle Cup, etc are all just alternate rulesets people like to play by because this game is played not because its a HARDCORE COMPETITIVE GAME WITH PRIZE MONEY, its a casual game people play for fun.

Tell that to the douchebags at PMP.
And this tier is (no offense) but completely retarded. I can't find any reason to play this, nor is there anything interesting or unique about it. It's idiotic.

Its just as stupid as Middle Cup. At least Fancy Cup can defend itself by being a Nintendo created tier.

WinterChevalier

How may I help?
Its just as stupid as Middle Cup. At least Fancy Cup can defend itself by being a Nintendo created tier.

QFT

*disclaimer* No offense to anyone with the next bit, just my own thoughts after browsing around for a while */disclaimer*

R4GE, get off your middle-sized horse >.> Just because you revived an old tier from Smogon that no one was playing anymore, doesn't make you any better than anyone else that's trying to make a tier. Middle Cup is pretty silly when you get down to it, and I share a lot of Blue's sentiments. OU is really the only tier that actually matters (even though I play RU extensively myself.) Don't go around shooting other people's ideas down, when people could easily do the same to yours. And like BH said, at least this tier was actually created by Nintendo.

Fortunato

Sic Transit Gloria
I agree Middle Cup is just as silly and yet I find myself playing it anyways sometimes. Why? Quite simply because I enjoy this game and like experimenting with different tiers. I agree with bh really Standard OU is the "main tier" because its the one that offers the most diversity. Now the irony is of course that people use standard stuff and others complain about their favorites not being viable. Anyways before this turns into a rant let me get back to my original point. This tier is just as justifiable as middle cup or any other alternative tier created its a game for fun and some people like to play in interesting ways. Hell if I found someone willing to play me I'd give this tier a shot its probably more fun than middle cup.

R4GEKILL!!!

Me So Thorny
The reason I believe this tier to be moronic is that... well, you're restricted by something that includes such a stupidly wide and strange range of pokemon. The reason tiers like UBERS, OU, UU, RU, NU, MC, LC, and otherwise MAKE SENSE is because for the most part (Other then the random broken sh*t game freak decides to program for no reason) the pokes are at the same skill level, and every poke within that tier has at least similar levels of viability. Here everyone's just gonna spam the cute little psuedo legends like d*cks and you guys will be stuck dealing with it.
That's all I gotta say here.

GOLDENCRS

I'm a f***** Ponyta
The reason I believe this tier to be moronic is that... well, you're restricted by something that includes such a stupidly wide and strange range of pokemon. The reason tiers like UBERS, OU, UU, RU, NU, MC, LC, and otherwise MAKE SENSE is because for the most part (Other then the random broken sh*t game freak decides to program for no reason) the pokes are at the same skill level, and every poke within that tier has at least similar levels of viability. Here everyone's just gonna spam the cute little psuedo legends like d*cks and you guys will be stuck dealing with it.

You are kinda making yourself look stupid here. Everyone has their own opinions, and if I hate MC, then you can't change my opinion. (I don't hate MC) Like any other tier anyway, they will ban Pokemon. Easy. Stay off the thread if you don't like it.

Honestly, this tier looks like it could be fun, with Skymin, the Rotoms, and more. I think this is like a mix between MC and LC. I like this tier, but I am not sure if I want to play it.

R4GEKILL!!!

Me So Thorny
I'm not saying I won't try it. i'm just saying the meta will be massively centralized.

You do realize MC is one of the least playable tiers around. Evolite or not stall will be dominant and a good 1/3rd of the tier is useless (lol Kakuna). Its going to be stall and the 4-5 pokes that can sorta break stall on every single team.

Fancy Cup is bad in its own right too. Sun is virtually unstoppable, and if legends are allowed Jirachi, Manaphy, Azelf and other juggernauts ravage pretty much the entire tier, unless sun proves more broken than Azelf in a tier full of Plusle and Raticate.

Both tiers are awful compared to OU. However that's not why people play them. They do so as an alternative to OU. MC, FC, RU, NU, UU, LC and so on are all just alternatives to play. Fun different rule sets to use if OU is boring. No one will ever take MC and FC seriously. No one should.

lol, you know I won't approve that (even though the racially insensitive ******* in me wants to)

GOLDENCRS

I'm a f***** Ponyta
Just for that, I'm making an NC revival thread.

Link is in my sig, you have no idea how inspired you just made me

Blue, would I get an infraction if I made the thread

emboarrocks

#1 emboar fan
I think Rotom-W should be uber