• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fandub Thread

~*Nobody*~

samonsterX
Here is the Fandub thread! YAY! *throws ... streamers*

Translaters screen writters (LOL) :
~The Great Butler
~Kanami Yuta
~ ~Ampris~ (Maybe)
~Fez the Mysfit Elf

Actors(Pokemon characters etc.) :
~Legendary Suicune Girl of Pokémon
~FlamingRuby
~Mika_Coyote
~PokemonTrainerLisa
~Pokemon Trainer Robert (HOLY **** HE CAN DO ASH!)
~Hamstar

Uh.. If I missed you just tell me!
Any way: PLAN AWAY!

Last edited:

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
Hopefully we should have jobs divvied out in the next few weeks...we need VA's, syncers, writers, just about anyone that can help!

PokemonTrainerLisa

Veronica Taylor fan
If you need someone to play some Pokemon, I can do that.

There are many Pokemon that I can do good impressions of. ^^

All I would have to do is a short recording of each Pokemon, and I'll see if you guys like it. :)

Oh yeah, and by the way, whoever you guys get to do Ash should be able to get their voice right in the middle of the high/low scale.

And this is what I mean by that:

- Obviously, it shouldn't be too high pitched to be a girl's voice

- It shouldn't be too low pitched so that it doesn't sound like Brock's voice (his original voice, you know)

- It should sound just right for someone like Ash, with his personality and everything

- It should also sound almost exactly like Veronica Taylor's Ash voice or alternatively it should be very similar to his current voice (this one might be hard for some people to do, but I think there are some people out there who might be able to imitate Ash's voice properly, and not like what happened with the Mirage special *shudders*)

~Silver Aura~

Back...ish
PokemonTrainerLisa said:
If you need someone to play some Pokemon, I can do that.

There are many Pokemon that I can do good impressions of. ^^

All I would have to do is a short recording of each Pokemon, and I'll see if you guys like it. :)

Oh yeah, and by the way, whoever you guys get to do Ash should be able to get their voice right in the middle of the high/low scale.

And this is what I mean by that:

- Obviously, it shouldn't be too high pitched to be a girl's voice

- It shouldn't be too low pitched so that it doesn't sound like Brock's voice (his original voice, you know)

- It should sound just right for someone like Ash, with his personality and everything

- It should also sound almost exactly like Veronica Taylor's Ash voice or alternatively it should be very similar to his current voice (this one might be hard for some people to do, but I think there are some people out there who might be able to imitate Ash's voice properly, and not like what happened with the Mirage special *shudders*)

This is a neat idea I tried to do Ash's voice but I just can't do it *whimpers* trust me you don't wana hear it besides I don't have a mic lol I might be able to do the syncing bit but I'm always alittle busy with college and stuff It might have to be a weekend thing for me but if i can help with this in anyway just ask.

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
I can do older girl characters (i.e. Vivian, the contest emcee) and Brock...let me know if you need an example.

I can do a Seel impression. It's not perfect, but it would be better then nothing. But it kinda stinks how the only voice I can do will never be on the show again. But anyway, like I said before, if you need a filler male voice, I can do it. Like, I can do any adult/teenager male voice. So far, I'm the only guy involved in the fan dub.

Russian May

Wow, a fandub! Cool! I would like to try! But I don't think that my voice is very nice... But I really would like to!

Pyreo

Cascade Trainer
If you need any other female voices I'd be glad to help. :D I have a medium/low girl's voice and I could fill in for any random trainer. But be warned about a rather distracting posh English accent (I don't think it's too bad, but foreigners might disagree...) so I dunno, I might only fit quirky characters.

I can do impressions of non-gruff pokemon like Clefairy, Venonat, Eevee, Caterpie, Raichu, female Meowth, etc. I'm flexible.

What I found myself asking the crew of the fandub we're doing is - are you aiming to imitate the old cast like the new VAs were supposed to, or are you going to go for a whole new approach and try to find voices that simply fit the characters?

I'll probably be too busy writing, syncing and adding music and sounds to our own fandub to do the same thing for this one, but you shouldn't find it too hard to get one person to stitch everything together once the voice actors have done their job. That's what I'm going to do, anyway...

P

Pokemon Trainer Robert

...*Raises hand*..I can do Ash's voice almost exactly correctly from the original, The only times I might be having bit problem is shouting out the names of the attacks. But everything eles almost sounds exactly the same I just need a mic and I'll do a short clip with Ash voice for ya when I get a mic that is. (Badges scenes I can do it perfectly just give me the badge name this way I wont mess up-_-)

Russian May

No, really I would like to try! I can imitate some Pokemon voices, but maybe, just maybe I can try as May... I'm 14 but I can make my voice higher... just need some practice.

P

Pokemon Trainer Robert

But I have a question? Which episodes are we exactly doing if we do get this going.

Ampris

Slip slidin'
This is starting to be huge, I'm only just beginning to realise how many jobs and voiced we're going to need. What are we going to do for foley? Are we going to use pre-recorded sound effects, or will the people in charge of that area create their own, or will some of both be used?
I wish I could act in this, but writing will be great. I think we're doing season nine, probably the first ones; I think FlamingRuby would know.

Mika_Coyote

Forever learning!
O.O Wow!!! A fandub project??? Can I enter? One of my dreams is to become a voice actor.... I can do almost any girl voice you may want, and I can voice Pokémon as well! I wouldn't mind voicing Max or May, even Ash(though I don't know if I can imitate Veronica Taylor's voice...), or Jessie! To who should I send samples? FlamingRuby, perhaps?

Please tell me something, I'm getting so excited about this! ^_^

PS: Oh, here's a little work I've done... http://www.deviantart.com/view/30797032/ <-- I've done Rouge the Bat, but I can do many other voices! Just tell me who to send samples to and I'll immediately work on it!~

Sorry, what is SFX???
SFX stands for sound effects, or special effects. ^_~

Last edited: