• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fandub Thread

XD375

Shane
You should continue with Mastermind.

PS: I thought you guys went downhill. You rarely get any replies. You should do what I did with my Ice Cave fandub I had here a while ago. I deleted the topics and started a forum for it. Now we're doing all the banned eps and the clip show, which is only about five minutes long as we cut out the flashbacks.

PSS: Let C.A.A.T in. Her fandub rocks!

Trainer Rachel

Let's do it!
I would love to do some Season 9 eps. While I think the new VAs are sounding very good, and I do rather like NewAsh and think she has potential, I'd love to give my try as Ash =] In fact, I was recording some lines from the first ep yesterday.

Trainer Rachel

Let's do it!
Hey you guys, I had a great idea!!! Since the new DP series is coming to Japan this month and wont be in america for a while, let's dub that!!

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
That sounds fun!

I volunteer to do Hikari, and her fandub name will be Kari (Kah-ree)

But what shall we name the new guy?

Trainer Rachel

Let's do it!
Sounds good to me!

Let's see... for the new guy we should prob wait til his name is revealed, and then maybe change it to an English name that sounds similar.

And I will obviously be doing Ash, as long as that's alright with everyone ^_^

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
And how are these for some starter names:

Naetoru-Seedle (seed+turtle)
Hikozaru=Chimpyre (chimp+fire)
Pochama=Rainguin (rain+penguin)

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
Who else thinks we should make up "English" names for the starters?

(One of my test lines could be "Rainguin, Water Gun! or Kari introducing her Rainguin to Ash)

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
I dunno, for Naetoru, I was thinking "Terrapine" as in terrapin and pine, but yours are really good. Funny, isn't it? You rack your brains for a name and then what you least expect happens.

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
Which of these test scenes would be good for me to record as Kari?

Kari introducing herself
Kari summoning her Rainguin/Pochama
Kari ordering an attack
Kari meeting Brock

Pyreo

Cascade Trainer
I dunno, for Naetoru, I was thinking "Terrapine" as in terrapin and pine, but yours are really good.
Oh, hey, that's a really good name! :eek: I just have to say I like it. Probably better than the dub name we'll end up with.

I quite like 'Chimpyre' but, IMHO, 'Rainguin' is too hard to say. Not all pokémon names really need to be portmanteaus.

Just my two cents. *runs*

You know I'm down for Brock, so who's going to actually string this together, I'd like to work on it ASAP and get it out within a week time frame.

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
We need to hunt down our writers or recruit some writers...

You do a way better Brock than I do, hence why I volunteered to do Kari

Trainer Rachel

Let's do it!
For Kari, I think kind of a sassy voice, but not TOO over the top, ya know? Maybe post several different clips and we can tell ya which one we like the most.

And yeah,we really need some translators...

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
Well, we have Mimori, try and see if we can't get her to translate. As for (Hi)Kari...I'm thinking assez sassy (quite sassy) but maybe with a hint of grandeur. Just try what you feel's best. As for what scene to use, I'll go with Kari introducing herself but try and make her sound like a showgirl and I ain't talking Vegas. By showgirl I mean with the air of a magician, sort of like a female Great Butler, with a sense of grandeur.

Speaking of which, Butler has gone permanently AWOL on Serebii. I could either convince him just to post in this thread or I'll be his official correspondent; it's really up to you. And I'm still available as a writer, remember?

EDIT: I'm all for FlamingRuby's dub names for the starters.