• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fanfic: Avatar legend of Xin Kōngqì

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
Fanfic: Avatar legend of Xin Kōngqì

After watching the season finale of korra (book 2 finale aired online don't read if you didn't watch) and well the story will tell you why i wanted to write this up

Avatar fanfic legend of Xin Kōngqì

It has been ten thousand years since Avatar korra defeated vattu but in the process the avatar cycle was destroyed and restarted with korra. No avatar before her can be called upon and most before her have been lost to history with the exception of aang due to his role in reviving the air nomads, which are now back in full populace.

Speaking of which the new avatar Xin Kōngqì Has been born into the air nomads. Xin is a young man about to turn sixteen he bears slight resemblance to aang but is nowhere near as spiritual as him…

We start our story in the southern air temple a large statue of aang stands tall above the temple looking greatly aged. We see a young man meditating ontop of aangs head. But suddenly another boy airbends him off the head of aang laughing at the air nomad who fell face first into several air bending masters that were meditating on aangs hands. The young man now on the floor shoke his fist at the statue.

“Damn you XIN!”

The young air nomad attacked Xin but Xin avoided each air blast, the young air nomad got up to Xin attempting to air blast him off the head but Xin made an air scooter dodging the attack and getting behind the other boy. Xin then moved his arms around several times and released a powerful air blast at the young man but missed and hit the head dead on knocking the statue over. The young man got off screaming,

“It’s gonna crush everyone you dumb as*!”

One air nomad seemingly expecting this quickly send an air blast even stronger then Xins at it sending it right back up. He then air bent his way up to Xin.

“What have I told you my pupil? You must learn to respect the statue of our common ancestor and those of the sprits.”

“I don’t care the guys been dead for over ten thousand years and he’s not even a part of the new cycle of avatar.”

“You have much to learn, come tomorrow I have something you must be told.”

“But tomorrow is my sixteenth birth day can’t I get a break from training? I don’t need more advice I already have my tattoos.”

“On the contrary your training has only begun…”

He left Xin with a puzzled face and air bent his way down Xin followed many older airbender looked at him with scorn in their eyes some whispering. Xin was about to attack them but was stopped by his master.

“He is a disgrace as an air nomad.”

“I can’t believe that guy is the…”

“Shussh he’s not supposed to know until tomorrow.”

Xin would have attacked them surely if his master had not been standing beside him. Night fell, and day rose it was Xins sixteenth birthday and look most avatars before him he was about to learn about his place in the world. Xin spend most of his birthdays alone practicing his air bending only his master would talk to him no one else in the air nomads would even look at him. He was a loner most of the time but a true master of air bending. His master found his regular training spot full of beaten up dummies with pictures of elder air nomads on them or trees torn apart from air bending.

“Xin it’s finally time I reveal to you who you are.”

“who I am?”

“Yes as customary on the sixteenth birthday the choosen will be told”

“told what?”

Xin started to get nervous picking up on what his master was talking about, he gulped hoping it was something else he didn’t want to hear his next words.

“you are the avatar.”

Xin turned around and violently struck a tree down with airbending.

“Is there a problem?”

“I didn’t ask for this.”

“No one ever does but its considered an honor.”

“The avatar is forced to protect the world keep balance between the sprits and the humans, I don’t want that responsibility, not after last time, last time I was trusted with a humans life I failed I can’t protect an entire world!”

“That was years ago it wasn’t your fault.”

“You’re right it was that sprits fault for causing it! And my fault for not being able to stop him.”

“Still that does not change your role you are the avatar you must go across the world and learn the other three elements.”

“I won’t”

“You will like all past avatars before you.”

“I will fail you know that.”

“You need to learn the spiritual side of bending first otherwise you will fail, brute force is not the only side to bending.”

“I never trusted sprits not since that day, brute force is the only way, I refuse to be the avatar!”

The Air bender looked angry and attacked his student knocking him over into a tree he retaliated sending several air blasts at his master he skillfully and effortlessly dodged each one his pupil continued the onslaught while his master dodged each one while approaching the student he looked as if he was dancing he reached his student and with his air bending knocked down the entire forest behind Xin but the air went around Xin. He turned around in sheer amazement.

“Ignorant child! Do you know what you say?! Being the avatar is the greatest role a human can have among the spirits, among humans! If you do not want that title I will strike you down as I did this forest! And someone more deserving of the title will receive it.”

“You dodged and attacked so strongly and was able to knock down every tree but miss me.”

“That is part of the spiritual side of bending calm, precise, peaceful, but just as deadly as anything you’ve even fought, you have much to learn.”

He then used his air bending and put each tree back upright as if they were never touched to begin with.

“Fine I will travel the world and learn the other elements and the spiritual side of bending but I will not forgive the spirits, who toke my brother away.”

“As an air nomad you should have detached yourself from him long ago.”

“It’s easy to say that when you’ve never even met your parents or siblings isn’t it, let alone lose them, infront of your own eyes.”

Xin walked away his master could feel something in him even more dark then his anger towards spirits, something even further deep down. He then heard laughing.

“This feeling so he’s about to be reborn, he’s feeding off of Xins emotions aswell. Vattu…”

End

Tell me what you think, how it can be improved etc.

Last edited:

mew 2000

Shiny Celebi
Chapter 2 conflict

The young avatar continued his way out of the temple making it to his bison Kōngqì, he gave his bison his last time because it was the only family he had since his brother passed away so he gave it his family name His master came running to him.

“Wait Xin you’re in grave danger!”

“I’m going to learn the other elements like you wanted the only danger there is,is me being the avatar.”

Xin did not want to listen to his mater for once he commanded his bison to take off before his master could say one more word Xin was out of sight within seconds. He flew for a few weeks before finally arriving at the south pole. He got off his bison and walked onto the shore he saw a statue of korra there in a pose with ravva. Xin looked at it puzzled at what ravva was. He continued to walk until he reached the palace where the chief of the south is. Two gaurds were standing at the gate.

“Who are you kid? No one see’s the chief without an appointment!”

Xin walked right past them. They then attacked him but he backflipped behind them and knocked them down to the ground with air bending. They got up turning around to attack him with a water whip but Xin had already moved to where he was before he back flipped behind them he continued to walk towards the palace.

“Who do you think you are kid!”

“Someone I don’t want to be”

he pointed at the statue of korra behind him as he continued to walk the guards understood quickly who he was. He made it into the office where the chief lives.

“Why are you in my office young airbender?”

“You are the strongest water bender here correct? Teach me water bending.”

“I am no water bender, since you ask I’m guessing you are the avatar?”

“I guess so.”

“Fine I will find you the best water bending teacher the south has. Until then please feel free to stay here and relax.”

“No thanks I’ll sleep outside contact me when you find me a teacher.”

Xin left the chief looked puzzled as to why he’d choose outside in the cold but let him be. Xin found a place outside the tundra to sleep he sat on Kōngqì and fell asleep. He begins to have a nightmare reliving the events of that night. His brother seems to be getting sucked into a black hole like thing in the ground.

“Brother help me!”

“I’m coming! Hold on!”

His brother is sucked into it Xin jumps into it aswell. Things go dark for a few moments then it begins to light up. Fire surrounds Xin everywhere. He looks around to see spirits torturing humans in various ways.”

“What is this?”

“Human this is HELL”

Xin turns around his brother being held his hair by a dark spirit It takes out a sword holding it to his younger brothers throat.

“No get away from Shílì!”

The spirit proceeds to swing the sword towards Shílì’s throat when Xin is suddenly awakened he airbends the young women infront of him into a block of ice in shock. The women stands up hurt from being hit by Xin.

“Who are you?”

“ I’m your water bending teacher I’m sorry if I startled you.”

(“Now I’m even injuring innocent people what makes me suitable to be the avatar”)

“Are you ok? You were tossing and turning.”

“It’s nothing a bad dream.”

A dark spirit crawls behind the ice out of xins sight as he says this. The young women slightly notices this.

“My brother…”

The spirit begins to grow larger and more menacing.

“Um avatar…”

“Avatar, I’m no avatar I’m a failure…”

The dark spirit grows even larger and attacks Xin the women pushes him out of the way and get’s grabbed by the dark spirit. Xin looks on in horror As the spirirt begins to create that same black hole.

Flash back…

“Big brother what if the evil spirits that killed mom and dad come back?”

“Don’t worry I’ll protect you I’m a master airbender already, see I have the tattoos and everything!”

Present…

“First mom and dad then Shílì now some random water bender… I’m a failure after all.”

Tears pour from his eyes His tattoos begin to glow he opens his eyes which glow he has entered the avatar state he begins to water bend a larger whip at the sprit severing it’s arm releasing the women from its grasp. He then creates a giant tornado and adds water to it and sends it flying towards the dark spirit the dark spirit eats the tornado/water and grabs Xin one of his eyes turns orange as do half his tattoos.

“Yes kill everything that makes you sad it’s the only solution.”

“No you must calm this spirit down with your own power not the power of anger.”

We see ravva connected to vatu as she was during wans time with Xin in the middle.

“If you fail and vatu takes over you’ll become a dark avatar and vatu will escape you must suppress your anger”

“Ravva lies if you let her win you’ll be killed she is evil.”

Xin attacks the spirit with a large amount of fire bending tears in his eyes still dripping down his face. He falls to his knees.

“ remember Shílì he was killed because of spirits like this one destroy it, use my power.”

“No Xin do not listen to vattus lies”

“Ravva is the one who lies she wants you dead because you imprison her.”

“who are you two please leave me alone.”

“your brother died because you were weak use my power and you will be strong, I am vattu”

Xin grabs his head screaming the ground shakes and tidal waves begin to occur every light except his right eye is orange. The spirit holds him down and attempts to drag him over to the portal to the hell he saw when his brother was killed.

Flash back.

“sprits are neither good nor evil they are just unbalanced. Because humans are unbalanced the spirits also become unbalanced. that is why these spirits attack humans sometimes.”

“But master why are humans unbalanced? What made my parents unbalanced?”

“It may not have been them but humans in general may have caused this. The human spirit has weakened in the last 10,000 years.”

Present

Xin blasts the spirit off of him with fire bending The water bender stands up and use’s unalqs bending skill to cam the spirit down. She then rushs towards Xin but he blasts her away with airbending. Korra then appears between Xin and vatu and offers her hand, Xin hesitates to take it.

“Korra why should I take your hand? I never wanted this I never wanted to be the avatar!”

“Come with me and I’ll explain everything, but to overcome this situation you must accept who you are first.”

“I’m too weak to be the avatar! To many people have been hurt on my behalf.”

“We all make mistakes but when he hit our lowest points we open up to the greatest changes.”

Xin takes her he and returns to normal and falls to the ground unconscious. The water bender takes him to her home to tend to his wounds.

end​

Last edited:

Psychic

Really and truly
Please be sure to read the Fan Fiction Rules. They explain that all fics must meet the basic quality requirements, which means using proper spelling, grammar, capitalization and so forth. While you do paragraph your story pretty nicely, there are lots of silly grammatical errors that a spellchecker (like the one on Microsoft Word) would help you correct, and that you'd probably just find by rereading your story before posting it online. For instance, the first word in every sentence and all names of characters, places and titles must always be capitalized, and you forgot to do this in the very first paragraph. You also have typos like "ontop" instead of "on top," "shussh" instead of "shush," "choosen" instead of "chosen," and "infront" and "aswell" instead of "in front" and "as well." Also, we would recommend against centering your story as you did, since it can make it a lot harder to read.

The Fan Fiction Rules advise typing up your story on Microsoft Word or a similar program. Not only would this help you find and fix most spelling mistakes, but you can also save your story and work on it over a longer period of time. It really shows and people notice when you put a lot of time and effort into a story, so we really advise that you do so. Please at least be sure to edit your mistakes, fixing typos and capitalization and the like.

Good luck,
~Psychic