• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fangs For Nothin' (254)

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I thought that the gym battle at the beginning of the episode was great. Clair's Kingdra was really powerful. However, Team Rocket just always has to mess things up. I thought that the Dragon's Den was pretty neat. Team Rocket made a smart choice inconvincing Dragonite help them get rid of Ash, Misty, Brock and Clair. However, I am glad to see Charizard coming to help save them.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Seems that Ash wasn't able to beat Kingdra.

And Dragonite was very angry, it was sad.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
The gym battle was pretty good, Kingdra was quite strong and might have actually won if it wasn't for TR (Reminds me of a Kingdra I just battled on the Wifi lol it was strong).

It was a good episode but the next one is even better. I wonder how come Dragonite does not know who Clair is, I guess she is never been in the Holy lands.

Sayho1234

Wynaut, Wobbuffet, and especially Dragonite were all adorably cute in this episode :). Ash could've had that gym match against Clair's Kingdra in the bag had he properly utilized Noctowl's psychic attacks. Also Charizard's special surprise appearance at the end of this episode equals all 7 kinds of epic :D!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So Ash and Clair finally got their Blackthorn City Gym battle underway. I was impressed by what I saw from Clair's Kingdra as even Pikachu's Electric attacks didn't seem to be of much use against the Wate/Dragon-type. I was very disappointed by Team Rocket's antics in this episode though. I hated that they stole the Dragon Fang just as Ash and Clair's Gym battle was getting interesting due to Noctowl getting involved. I did like the chase involved though, and how Misty used Politoed to help her go after Team Rocket with the other guys. The Dragon's Den in the anime looked more like a tunnel so that was a neat surprise. I liked that the Dragonite at the garden was friendly but I was disappointed that it let itself be used by Team Rocket. A pretty good episode despite it's small flaws. 8/10.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was cool. I liked the gym battle, even though Ash did poorly. He was definitely a dunce when it came to Kingdra's high Special Defenses. It was cool seeing Kingdra for the 1st time. Too bad Dragonite fell for what TR said and turned on Clair and the gang.

64/100

TheEpicGoomba

Cool battle at the beggining. Team Rocket were really mean to the Dragonite tricking it. Sad that they could not continue the battle.

Last edited:
It was a pity to see the battle quit. Ash was definitely going to lose against Kingdra, having Noctowl defeated and Pikachu really tired (close to being beaten). The battle was really great. The rest of this episode was also good, but less good in my opinion.

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
It's a shame we never saw the final efforts of Noctowl vs. Kingdra. Unless it miraculously pulled Ice Beam out of its butt, Noctowl might've been victorious. I'm also curious who his original third choice would've been. Bayleef?

7threst

Team Rocket can be really persuasive if they need to be. The first gym battle between Ash and Claire was really well-done and it clearly showed how tough of an opponent Ash was facing. I'm always someone that loves the Dragon-type Pokémon since it was first introduced and that is something else why I liked this arc and episode even more.

Blessed

A good episode, Clair's Kingdra was powerful. I got a laugh at how Jessie still can't get over Dratini evolving and I was dying when TR acted all innocent with Dragonite deceiving it to attack the twerps.

zhixun

The gym battles between Satoshi and Ibuki was not very impressive in my opinion. Best scene of this episode is the Rocket actually got away from Satoshi and gained Kairyu's trust when they describe to it that Satoshi and friends were bad people. Sonano did not make a formal debut in my opinion and quite funny that Sonans was the one to be blamed for the donuts.

Zamin

Awesome episode & wow, is that Charizard? I sure enjoyed this episode. I am loving these episodes!

Yeah, Dragonair is actually bigger than I thought, for sure.
Is that Ash's Charizard at the end? I sure hope so! :)

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
An alright episode.I liked the fact Kingdra didn't take much damage from Pikachu's electricity.The end of the episode was even better,especially everyone chasing Team Rocket on their Pokemon,although Dragonair flying(as opposed so swimming) looked out of place.
7/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Aww man the gym match between Clair and Ash was fun until Team Rocket stole the Dragon Fang and ruined every thing. Dragonite being tricked by Team Rocket was sad however and I wish they hadn't messed with it.

Gillachu

Banned
Lol, poor Dragonite getting fooled by TR of all people and the Dragon's Den looked so effing lame. It was just a tunnel with water...