• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

fanon poke balls

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Thief ball allows you to steal pokemon from other trainers.
That's actually been done lol. Their called Snag Balls and it was introduced in Pokemon Colosseum where you can change any Pokeball into a Snag Ball.

How about the Weather Ball? It can capture any Pokemon under weather conditions.

pikapika200

princess
That's actually been done lol. Their called Snag Balls and it was introduced in Pokemon Colosseum where you can change any Pokeball into a Snag Ball.

How about the Weather Ball? It can capture any Pokemon under weather conditions.
well,but the snag ball only works on shadow pokemon. this is not the case with the thief ball,which works on all pokemon except shadow pokemon

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur

That's actually the name of a move.

I've got a few ideas for special Poké Balls:

• Thunder Ball - Higher catch rate for Electric types.
  • Blaze Ball - Higher catch rate for Fire types. Also works in hot places, like volcanoes or deserts.
  • Leaf Ball - Higher catch rate for Grass types.
  • Rain Ball - Higher catch rate in rainy weather.
  • Snow Ball - Higher catch rate in hail or snowy weather.
  • Sun Ball - Higher catch rate in extremely sunny weather.
  • Sand Ball - Higher catch rate in a desert or on a beach. Also works in sandstorms, like that seen on Route 111 in Hoenn or the Haina Desert in Alola.
  • Slow Ball - The opposite of the Fast Ball, it catches Pokémon who have a lower Speed stat than yours. Useful for Snorlax, for example.
  • Rainbow Ball - The catch rate of every type of Pokémon is equal to that of the Ultra Ball.

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
they should make a trainer ball, this ball catches the actual pokemon trainer and his/her stowed pokeballs. once caught the captured trainer must follow his/her new owner's command. i think trainer green would love to have a trainer ball.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
well,but the snag ball only works on shadow pokemon. this is not the case with the thief ball,which works on all pokemon except shadow pokemon

No that isn't how the Snag Ball works, our main heroes objective is to rescue the Shadow Pokemon and the character just refuses to go along with using that machine for any other pokemon besides them. (Wes because Anti hero, Michael because he is a MUCH more morally balanced character.)

It was the reason why in Colosseum, Cipher was able to have Team Snagem steal those pokemon used for those messed up things. They made the Snag Machine after all for that goal.

If our Snag Machine user were to have no problem in stealing pokemon indiscriminately, then the Snag Ball would be used to steal MUCH more pokemon.

Which was why in an old fanfic I made, I had Wes go after our buddy Ghetsis and do the most satisfying thing anyone with a Snag Machine would do to a monster like Dennis... who abuses his own pokemon. Use that Machine and steal every last pokemon he has.

Though if I have to make a ball... I say the egg ball is something to consider. You catch a pokemon with this and they will be able to learn an egg move, it is at random so don't expect to get what you want.

Last edited:

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Dawn ball- opposite of the duskball.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Wes because Anti hero, Michael because he is a MUCH more morally balanced character.

Who's Michael? I never played XD.

Dawn ball- opposite of the duskball.

Like the Dawn Form Lycanroc we never got?

I also proposed a Sun Ball which would be the opposite of the Moon Ball, even though I know the Moon Ball is just for Pokémon who evolve with a Moon Stone, and has nothing to do with night or the actual moon. Imagine catching Solgaleo in a Sun Ball and Lunala in a Moon Ball. ;)

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Who's Michael? I never played XD.

A more generic kid protagonist in the Orre games that is on par with the main series games... in contrast to Wes who may be in his late teens.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
A more generic kid protagonist in the Orre games that is on par with the main series games... in contrast to Wes who may be in his late teens.

Hilbert (Black) and Hilda (White) are also said to be in their teens, making them the oldest main-series playable protagonists. Red is 13 in the Gen 2 games and 21 in the Gen 7 games.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
So Wes is kinda... Ambiguous. He doesn't actually have any official art outside some pictures of him game model which... Ain't the most detailed. It's hard to tell just how old he is. The age range he could be is anywhere from 11 to 20 but I'd say he would be between 12 and 16ish

Also, what about a Fresh Ball? works best on pokemon you haven't seen before

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
they should make a trainer ball, this ball catches the actual pokemon trainer and his/her stowed pokeballs. once caught the captured trainer must follow his/her new owner's command. i think trainer green would love to have a trainer ball.

Already exists, sort of.

In B2W2, one of Pokestar Studios movies was about a future where Bug-types ruled and captured humans in Human Balls.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Already exists, sort of.

In B2W2, one of Pokestar Studios movies was about a future where Bug-types ruled and captured humans in Human Balls.

Lol was Misty captured by a caterpie? Though the bare fist fights likely would be brutal.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur

That... would be terrifying.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Regular Balls
Desert Ball: A Pokeball that works better on Ground Pokemon or when used in deserts
Mountain Ball: A Pokeball that works better on Rock Pokemon or when used in mountainous regions
Frost Ball: A Pokeball that works better on Ice Pokemon or when used in icy/snowing regions
Lottery Ball: Each time its thrown it has a 50% chance of normal Pokeball odds, 20% chance of Ultra Ball odds, 20% chance of x4 odds and 10% chance of x10 odds
Light Ball: An inverse Heavy Ball that works better on lighter opponents
Molasses Ball: An inverse Fast Ball while has a 4x boost on Pokemon with less than forty base speed
Risk Ball: A Pokeball who's effectiveness depends on the user's HP. 50-100% max gives a 1x boost, 25-50% max gives a 4x boost, 2 HP-25% gives a 6x boost, 1 HP gives a x10 boost

Non-Obtainable Balls and Capture Items
Crystal Ball: An item used in Pokemon simulators, where you get to face advanced A.I and holograms/robots of Pokemon as part of a challenge. Some challenges even involve legendaries. Based off Molly's Pokeballs from Spell of the Unown
Red Chain: Unchanged from before, but in these DPPT remakes we get a more visual treat as they encircle and bind Dialga/Palkia. It looks like Arceus' wheel, as in the anime

Collector Balls
These cannot be bought(at least not normally), but they can be found. They can go for high prices
Relic Ball: An early Pokeball model. Works like a regular Pokeball and is an item you can find in the overworld, but will sell for $4000
Super Relic Ball: A very early Pokeball model. Works like a regular Pokeball and is an item you can find in the overworld, but will sell for $20,000

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Molasses Ball: An inverse Fast Ball while has a 4x boost on Pokemon with less than forty base speed

Why is it called the Molasses Ball? Because it’s slow as molasses? :p:D

RedJirachi

Veteran member
That is correct.

Urban Ball: A Pokeball which is more effective when used on Steel type Pokemon or in city areas