• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fanservice and Ecchi: Too much?

matt0044

I'm surprised nobody brought up KissXSis. Not that I want to...

It also gets annoying when a female character throws herself on the male protagonist and eggs him on to do the dirty deed with her. I know this is an Anime but who the hell does this, especially when in public?

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~

It also gets annoying when a female character throws herself on the male protagonist and eggs him on to do the dirty deed with her. I know this is an Anime but who the hell does this, especially when in public?
You'd probably be surprised...

but in anycase, thats probably more wish fufillment then anything else.

ParaChomp

be your own guru

Who kicks people in the nards in public?

Jb

Tsun in the streets
It's happen to me as well. It's one of the requirements of becoming a man.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I thought that that was being the one who does the kicking?

(I've been hit in the nards with a tennis ball in public for sure, at least.)

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
I thought that that was being the one who does the kicking?

(I've been hit in the nards with a tennis ball in public for sure, at least.)

Does being hit at least twenty times by soccer balls count?

Oh god, I just remembered. Not only do I get hit by a soccer ball in the balls once a season, there was a particularly bad day when I was hit with tennis ball three or four times within 10 minutes. It sucked

matt0044

Okay, nads-kicking aside, I think a good kind of fanservice is one not only done in moderation but also one done where the character is actually likable and NOT just a walking, talking pair of breasts. A good example of this is Cutey Honey.

Rosario+Vampire was a good Manga with an Anime adapted by a studio that upped the fanservice, turning a decent Manga into yet another smut-fest.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Okay, nads-kicking aside, I think a good kind of fanservice is one not only done in moderation but also one done where the character is actually likable and NOT just a walking, talking pair of breasts. A good example of this is Cutey Honey.

The Monogatari series fits this category.

matt0044

ForeverFlame

Fanservice is a big dealbreaker for me. I only like it if it's done subtly (no massive boobs, panty shots, or any other common offenses) or if it adds to the story (Yuno Gasai walking around in her panties was believable because she's a crazy-*** mother****er anyway).

matt0044

The plot was good.

As well as the economics.

The boobs were kind of a distraction, coming off as if the producer thought "Hmmm, somehow I don't think such a 'dull show' is gonna sell. I GOT IT! Huge boobs solves everything!"

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Honestly, I thought the same about Crime Edge's fan service. And the Freezing anime. There was this vaguely cynical undercurrent that the audience wouldn't really give a crap unless there were naked/partially-naked people. Now, that happens a lot in Freezing in general, but -- and correct me if I'm wrong here by all means -- the manga always came across as being more brutal most of the time when people were partially undressed due to their clothing being shredded.

And rightly so. The number of times that a giant blade cuts through your clothes and doesn't touch your skin (except maybe barely scratching the surface) are fairly few.

BlueDragonfangirl

I've noticed this, as a girl here I'm not the biggest fan on female fan service. It's hard to find anime without these day's, if your a fan of Fairy Tail for Romance / comedy / action it's not fun to see that stuff but for some reason Hiro loves it and adds as much in as possible :/
I don't think the 90s anime had it this much, did they? I'll have to go watch some, or at least the anime I watched didn't, than again I mostly watched action / romance / adventure type so maybe that's why.

matt0044

6fc.gif

You like Popsicles?

Last edited:

matt0044