• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fantastic Beasts (and other Wizarding World stuff) ***SPOLIERS****

I've been a massive fan of Harry Potter since I first read the books about six years ago. I actually was a little worried about how Beasts would turn out, but I actually enjoyed it more than I ever anticipated! I'm defiinitely looking forward to future entries in the series.

what's your hogwarts house? Ravenclaw. I always thought I was Hufflepuff, honestly, but when Pottermore sorted me into Ravenclaw, I only then realised exactly how much the house fit me. So yes, I'm proudly Ravenclaw.
what's your Ilvermorny house? Pukwudgie. Not what I expected, once again, considering that I'm no healer, but I do often follow my heart, so...
What's your wand? Rowan with a unicorn hair core, 10 3/4 inches, surprisingly swishy.
What's your patronus? Siberian cat

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I just bought the Story Pack for Lego Dimensions and cleared it in one afternoon. I like how they chose to use Grimaldi as the main villain since he was the only other dark wizard in the Harry Potter universe that had a huge following. We also know very little about him or his followers. New York City also was a great setting for the plot as it is large enough to have the plot move along smoothly without it getting complicated.

Sprinter1988

I thought that the film was fantastic. After reading that debacle that was "The Cursed Child" I was extremely worried about how this film was going to turn out. Thankfully the people who wrote Cursed Child stayed well away from this one!
The standout creature has to be the niffler and his kleptomania.
The only bad part I thought was that the title didn't really fit. Sure, that's the title of the book Newt is writing, but a title that would fit this film more is "Fantastic Pets and How to Track Them Down If You Lose Yours."

kawaiiconcept

TOP OF THE MORNIN'
I thought that the film was fantastic. After reading that debacle that was "The Cursed Child" I was extremely worried about how this film was going to turn out. Thankfully the people who wrote Cursed Child stayed well away from this one!
The standout creature has to be the niffler and his kleptomania.
The only bad part I thought was that the title didn't really fit. Sure, that's the title of the book Newt is writing, but a title that would fit this film more is "Fantastic Pets and How to Track Them Down If You Lose Yours."

hahahaha
thats why I like to call it just "Fantastic Beasts"

Navin

MALDREAD
It was entertaining. Problem is, I felt there were more interesting film ideas I'd rather have seen instead. For example, how Newt created his briefcase and went around the world gathering those creatures. The acting was fine, and I liked the baker No-Maj. However, it seemed to weirdly mix a comical adventure capturing monsters in New York with this darker plot of anti-magical suppression, No-Maj/Wizard relations, Grindelwald, while obviously setting up for the films to come. Plus, I was not a fan of the convenient ending that seemed to remove all stakes in what just happened, and that ending that dragged solely to establish the ships. Plus, the magic was overpowered in some instances.

I have no idea what the content is going to be in the next four films, but hopefully I'm left with a feeling that this was a great story that needed to be told, not just creating a story to safely appeal to audiences and earn bank at the box office.

It was entertaining. Problem is, I felt there were more interesting film ideas I'd rather have seen instead. For example, how Newt created his briefcase and went around the world gathering those creatures. The acting was fine, and I liked the baker No-Maj. However, it seemed to weirdly mix a comical adventure capturing monsters in New York with this darker plot of anti-magical suppression, No-Maj/Wizard relations, Grindelwald, while obviously setting up for the films to come. Plus, I was not a fan of the convenient ending that seemed to remove all stakes in what just happened, and that ending that dragged solely to establish the ships. Plus, the magic was overpowered in some instances.

I have no idea what the content is going to be in the next four films, but hopefully I'm left with a feeling that this was a great story that needed to be told, not just creating a story to safely appeal to audiences and earn bank at the box office.

Personally, I believe the battle between Dumbledore and Grindelwald will be in the final film. However, I can't say I have any thoughts about the other three. I'm hoping at least one of them will revolve around Ilvermony, though, simply because we don't have much of a connection to it at the moment.