1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Farewell 4th generation (OU RMT).

Discussion in 'Older Gen RMT' started by AquaMilotic, Sep 23, 2010.

1. FAREWELL 4TH GENERATION (OU RMT).

Credit to Bulbapedia for all pictures used in this RMT.

TEAM AT A GLANCE.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

FOREWORD.

This is my last 4th gen team and RMT. The 5th gen is coming and so, 4th gen is going away. I loved it so much. I think I'll quit playing competitive. This is my last team and I hope to reach the leaderboard with it. I hope I can achieve my highest UU ranking (#5), but if I reach the top 50 and drop out immediately I am satisfied too, as long as I reach the leaderboard. This team is doing really great, so this might be a leaderboard-worthy team.

I hate the 5th gen. Most new Pokémon are (...), this just isn't Pokémon anymore. The creators don't have inspiration, so they create sucky Pokes, I won't play with those. I don't think Pokémon will be better.

If the creators don't have ideas, they shouldn't make new Pokémon.

I'll buy the game, and I'll read about competitive 5th gen on Serebii and Smogon. If it seems nice, I might come back. But I don't think I'll like the new metagame.

This will hopefully be a good way to close six and a half beautiful years. I wish all CRMTers and 5th gen competitive players a lot of pleasure with Black and White.

Milotic

WIN-LOSS RATIO.

I did 30 battles and won 25 of them. 25/30*100%=83% score.

MILOTIC

My favorite Pokémon is Milotic. I know competitive battling is about using the best teams and the best Pokémon to win, not about using favorites (Milotic). To make the team as good as possible, outclassed Pokémon (like Milotic) should be replaced. I know that. However, I use a philosophy (in my signature). All other Pokémon are replaceable and Milotics set can be changed when needed. I prefer this set, but I am willing to change it if it is a good idea. Don't pester me with Milotic replacements.

ARROGANCE

I am not arrogant. I don't think I am perfect. I am willing to listen to changes. Milotic is irreplaceable. However, I am willing to change its set. Aside from Milotic, everything can be replaced. However, I only use rates that work well. I determine if they work well by test battles. If I do not make the changes in your rate, i did NOT ignore your rate! Then it just doesn't improve the team, I do 5 to 10 test battles each rate. Also, give me some time to test and do not complain if you get no response in a few hours. I have to eat, sleep, breathe, test rates and a lot more.

THE TEAM

[​IMG]
    Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Serene Grace
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Jolly nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Iron Head
    - Trick
    - U-turn

The annoying lead. Because of its Scarf, I have a guranteed SR or Trick. It can be useful after SRing by spamming its haxy Iron Head. U-Turn is very nice to have, a good way to retreat and deal damage to, for example, slow T-Tar. This Jirachi is as fast as possible.

[​IMG]
    Celebi @ Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP/216 Def/40 Spe
    Bold nature
    - Grass Knot
    - Recover
    - Heal Bell
    - Earth Power

Grass Knot is STAB. Heal Bell is a move I love on every team. Earth Power hits Heatran, who is usage #1 of August 2010 on Smogon. Recover is nessecary. This Celebi is a nice Gyarados counter. Max HP. Normally, these Celebi have 36 Speed EVs, I use 40 to outspeed them. Not a nessecary investment, but it can be useful and for me, it's worth 4 Def EVs.

[​IMG]
    Flygon @ Life Orb
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 80 Atk/252 SAtk/176 Spe
    Lonely nature
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast
    - Draco Meteor
    - Roost

This Flygon works together well with Lucario. It lures out and hits Pokémon like Gliscor, Hippowdon and Dragonite. That gives Lucario a much easier time sweeping. It can behave like a Scarfer against Starmie. Read the Smogon quote below.

Earthquake is a Physical STAB, useful when Draco Meteor lowered some SAtk. Lots of opponents expect EQ or Outrage and get killed by Draco Meteor. Roost restores this useful Flygon.

[​IMG]
    Starmie @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Timid nature
    - Trick
    - Surf
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam

Simple 252/252, and Timid. Max Spe and SAtk. Not much to explain. I prefer the extra Speed Timid provides over the power from Modest. Surf for STAB. BoltBeam for coverage. Trick is always nice to screw Blissey on the switch.The best revenge killer of OU since Latias got banned. 115 base Speed and a nice movepool.

[​IMG]
    Lucario @ Life Orb
    Ability: Inner Focus
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Jolly nature
    - Extremespeed
    - Close Combat
    - Swords Dance
    - Crunch

Jolly for outspeeding Pokémon like Jolly Gyarados, Timid Suicune and Timid Rotom-A. I prefer Crunch over alternatives like Ice Punch (which isn't as good as it has been since the Salamence ban). The other moves are the standard moves: powerful STAB Close Combat, Swords Dance for boosting Atk, and ExtremeSpeed for priority. The EVs are there to make Atk and Spe as good as possible.

[​IMG]
    Milotic @ Leftovers
    Ability: Marvel Scale
    EVs: 252 HP/88 Def/168 SAtk
    Modest nature
    - Ice Beam
    - Surf
    - Sleep Talk
    - Rest

I am using this spread for more offensive power, while still surviving what it needs to. The spread achieves many things, like the examples listed here.

- OHKOs Infernape (4 HP/0 SDef) without SR
    - 2HKOs standard Scizor (252 HP/8 SDef) with SR.
    - 2HKOs standard Celebi (252 HP/0 SDef) with SR.
    - 2HKOs Heatran (4 HP/0 SDef) without SR, might OHKO with SR.
    - CB Scizor (252 Atk) U-Turn never 2HKOs after SR.

Surf and Ice Beam covers a lot. Surf with this SAtk is very powerful. Rest lets Milotic heal and boost Def (Marvel Scale). Sleep Talk allows it to attack while sleeping. A great set. A more offensive approach for Milotic, while still bulky. Even with no SDef EVs, Milotic can take many Special Attacks with ease. Because of Marvel Scale, it can be a nice Physical Wall. This set also makes use of that underrated 100 base SAtk. No lesser Vaporeon, because of Marvel Scale.

TEAM BUILDING PROCESS

[​IMG]
    Milotic is my favourite Pokémon and I start all my teams with and this one is no different.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Lucario is my second Pokémon. My star attacker. Used a lot, but that's because it's good.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    As described by the "Flygon" part, Flygon partners up well with Lucario. One of the first Pokémon I thought of when choosing Lucario.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Starmie is a perfect revenge killer, I really need it. Also good to revenge kill Gyarados and Dragonite. A good Pokémon for every team.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Jirachi is great. It has SR, it's annoying and it has U-Turn. A nice, offensive lead that can take a hit and can be useful later in the match.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    One last Pokémon, preferably a defensive Pokémon. Heal Bell Celebi has been used a lot by me, and has always been good for me. It fits well in the team, so why not?

LAST WORDS.

- Only rate if you read everything. If you haven't, please do so now.
    - Again, don't pester me with Milotic replacements.
    - Thank you for reading my RMT. I know it is long.
    - If you have questions, feel free to ask them.

SPPF staff members, please tell me what's wrong so I can change it if this RMT breaks a rule instead of closing this thread.

Milotic

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  2. JRCxyz

JRCxyz Hi

Other than Tar, I can't see any big weakness. Is there anything in particular that gives you trouble? Also, how do you usually deal with Tar? I guess Jirachi is your main out, but I'm not sure if that's enough. What are your thoughts?

3. Jirachi can't switch in on Earthquake, which they use sometimes. However, T-Tar can't switch in on Jirachi either.

Celebi can't switch in: Crunch. But Celebi is faster than most T-Tar and has Grass Knot.

Flygon can switch in quite safely when predicted right and has Earthquake.

Starmies Surf can't OHKO because of Sandstorm, but revenge kills a weakened one.

Lucario can switch in on T-Tars STAB moves and uses Close Combat. Bye dead T-Tar.

Milotic can take a hit when asleep. Surf does reasonable damage, but I don't see Milotic as a counter.

Five of my six Pokémon can deal reasonably with T-Tar, but prediction is needed to switch some of them in.

However, thanks for the rate.

Milotic

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  4. JRCxyz

JRCxyz Hi

Fair enough. I wonder why no posts :L

5. Blue Harvest

Blue Harvest Banned

I promised you a rate that you consistently bugged me for, so here it is.

The first thing that comes to mind is how incredibly Skarmory / Forretress weak you are. Particularly Skarmory. Jirachi and Celebi are helpless against Skarmory letting it easily set up on you. Your main defensive pivots and sweepers are crippled by Spikes and they can easily wear you down. If you think Jirachi Tricking is your way out, good luck as this will give it three layers of Spikes with no trouble.

Another weakness is that you're using that crappy Trick Scarf lead Jirachi. Since you already have Scarf Starmie you might as well replace Jirachi with a lead that is actually good. Metagross with Meteor Mash / Earthquake / Bullet Punch / Stealth Rocks comes to mind since Scarfed U-turn is about the only good thing Jirachi does. Metagross helps check Tyranitar too, as it will even survive a Choice Band Earthquake.

Scizor looks like it can hurt you. Swords Dance Scizor can actually sweep you. Choice Band Scizor can rack up a lot of damage while you have no safe switch ins. CB Scizor deals 47.5% - 56.3% to your Milotic which is ALWAYS a 2HKO after Stealth Rocks. Even while sleeping you take up to 49% after Stealth Rocks.

Sub Pain Split Gengar can come in on you easily and get a KO each time. Celebi is literally a free switch in for it from where it will use Substitute and start hammering stuff. After a Pain Split Milotic is always 2HKOed, even without Pain Split Milotic can be 2HKOed by Shadow Ball 20% of the time by a Special Defense drop. You have a few things to force it out, but you will always lose a Pokemon to it.

If Gyarados sets up on Starmie's Surf, or Starmie simply has Tricked its Scarf away you are in danger of being swept. Likely not 6-0ed due to your team's bulk and priority but it will devastate you unless your whole team is at full health.

LO Infernape weak. I know from personal experience that Scarf Starmie is not a good counter. If you take a U-turn Starmie will never switch in again. Close Combat and Overheat both 2HKO and Grass Knot cripples you badly. Grass Knot even OHKOs if Infernape is Specially based. Milotic is nice until you realized Close Combat easily 2HKOs and Grass Knot strikes for 60% which may KO after Fire Blast and Stealth Rocks. Like with Gyarados it probably won't completely sweep you but you have difficulty taking its hits.

Mixed or DD Extreme Speed Dragonite massacres you without mercy. Should Starmie be dead a standard DD nite will also destroy you. Mixed Dragonite 2HKOs Milotic with Draco Meteor after Stealth Rocks, or DM + Superpower without rocks. It wouldn't be as bad if it weren't for the fact that Dragonite switches in for free on Jirachi and Celebi.

Sub CM Jirachi can kill you if Flygon falls to about 70% health. Most CM Jirachi sets actually outrun Flygon.

Literally your only hope against SD Lucario is your own Lucario as +2 hits OHKO your whole team. It sets up on Jirachi too.

Four of your Pokemon are walled by Blissey while the other two hate Paralysis. You can Trick it so its not a huge problem, but a Tricked Blissey isn't dead.

Specs Kingdra outright destroys you. Every Pokemon on your team is 2HKOed by Draco Meteor except Jirachi who STILL takes almost 50% and can't really hit back without luck.

Again, I have to stress how badly you are beat by Skarmory. I don't care if you have a way to kill it, thats not the point. Once Skarm sets up some Spikes you are at a massive disadvantage since much of your team takes heavy damage from them.

Sub-Roost Zapdos can 6-0 you. Your only chance is to Trick it. About 25% of Zapdos are SubRoost, so its worth noting as a threat.

Something that can help you fix these problems is to run something like 176 Defense / 80 Special Defense on Milotic. Running 168 Special Attack EVs to 2HKO or OHKO things you probably will anyway is stupid when bigger threats are killing you. Thunder Wave or HP Fire would both do well over Heal Bell on Celebi. It prevents you from being complete setup fodder FOR EVERY DAMN THING and gives you a nice support option. As I said before Lum Berry Metagross > Jirachi. Its a better lead overall and better Pokemon in the long run. These changes won't fix all of your issues, but they will help.

6. Blue Harvest, thank you for the rate. You took time for it and it is a great rate.

Jirachi and the attacking EVs of Milotic have been very important and saved me a lot. However, I can still try it out.

Thunder Wave on Celebi is a good idea, but can't I remove Earth Power instead: I have others to beat Heatran and I really want to keep Heal Bell. But again, I can try it out and I will.

This rate was really what I needed: some weaks to work on. I haven't played for months when starting this team, so my CRE sucked. The more CRE I get, the thougher and smarter the opponents get, and then it isn't as easy as when I started with the team. Then weaks actually do count, against some beginners who don't understand anything, it's easy.

I won't go into detail about all weaks, there are so much. I'll see if the changes improve or worsen my team.

Milotic