• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Farewell, Raboot! (1111)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
What even is this argument lol? Just because you didn't want cubone to fill that role doesn't mean Goh kicked it aside and doesn't care for it. Cubone doesn't need to be defined just by his backstory
The entire point of this string of replies is the fact it is bizarre Goh doesn't really do much with a Pokemon that has nasty family issues who somehow doesn't do an effort itself to latch onto him despite making a deep connection with him (unlike the rest of his 5-second captures), but a future one whose only issue is so insignificant in the big picture got very attached to him. Usually, something like Cubone's backstory would be more than enough to secure a permanent spot in the main team.

It's like the story-key character got pushed aside by the NPC who brags their sweet *** blue hat is sweet ***.

This is all just my opinion.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I dunno why we are talking so much about Cubone but...

(actually I know, I just pretend I don't)

I think one could say Goh did give Cubone a lot. He gave it friends and buddies. The way I see, Cubone after entering park, end up befriended the pokémon there and thus is no longer lonely which kind of symbolizes Goh himself who stopped being a loner and now has friends like Ash as well as everyone he's met along the way

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
The entire point of this string of replies is the fact it is bizarre Goh doesn't really do much with a Pokemon that has nasty family issues who somehow doesn't do an effort itself to latch onto him despite making a deep connection with him (unlike the rest of his 5-second captures), but a future one whose only issue is so insignificant in the big picture got very attached to him. Usually, something like Cubone's backstory would be more than enough to secure a permanent spot in the main team.

It's like the story-key character got pushed aside by the NPC who brags their sweet *** blue hat is sweet ***.

This is all just my opinion.
Sobble is a crybaby though, it needs Goh otherwise it will keep crying, something it seems to be improving on with every episode. Cubone isnt, it has a dead mom yea but you have to remember not every marowak is killed like the Lavender Town one. Cubone doesnt necessarily needs to have issues. They have established that Goh takes proper care of all his cerise park mons even if they dont appear much and the mewtwo episode confirmed they arent just captures for him, he captures them to understand them.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Sobble is a crybaby though, it needs Goh otherwise it will keep crying, something it seems to be improving on with every episode. Cubone isnt, it has a dead mom yea but you have to remember not every marowak is killed like the Lavender Town one. Cubone doesnt necessarily needs to have issues. They have established that Goh takes proper care of all his cerise park mons even if they dont appear much and the mewtwo episode confirmed they arent just captures for him, he captures them to understand them.
No you don't understand, Goh HATES all of his Pokemon and treats them like collectibles, not living creatures. He's such a neglectful psychopath who should be sent to prison for his war crimes. DOWN WITH GOH!!!!

Pikachu52

So this is probably one of the better episodes in Journeys so far because it doesn't take itself too seriously and actually manages to inject some well timed, and genuinely funny jokes. Ash and Goh drawing terrible pictures of Garchomp on the train, Ash and 'beautifly hydrate' and an actual shot of Beautifly drinking on a beach, to Goh imagining Ash as a Beautifly. This is honestly the best comedic scenes we've had in the anime since Team Rocket stopped being comic relief around the end Hoenn. Even Raboot's gansta dance battles (yes really) works when you don't take it too seriously.

It's almost ruined when they try to squeeze the emotional part in at the end with Goh leaving Raboot to be with its friends. This doesn't work simply because we the audience haven't been show enough of the emotional connection with Raboot for us to have any reason to care either about their problems connecting in the episode or Raboot leaving the series. Contrast this with earlier episodes; Ash saying goodbye to Pikachu, Butterfree and Goodra work, as Team Rocket with Arbok and Weezing because the audience has had time to get to know the characters and we know what the emotional connection between them is.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
So this is probably one of the better episodes in Journeys so far because it doesn't take itself too seriously and actually manages to inject some well timed, and genuinely funny jokes. Ash and Goh drawing terrible pictures of Garchomp on the train, Ash and 'beautifly hydrate' and an actual shot of Beautifly drinking on a beach, to Goh imagining Ash as a Beautifly. This is honestly the best comedic scenes we've had in the anime since Team Rocket stopped being comic relief around the end Hoenn. Even Raboot's gansta dance battles (yes really) works when you don't take it too seriously.

It's almost ruined when they try to squeeze the emotional part in at the end with Goh leaving Raboot to be with its friends. This doesn't work simply because we the audience haven't been show enough of the emotional connection with Raboot for us to have any reason to care either about their problems connecting in the episode or Raboot leaving the series. Contrast this with earlier episodes; Ash saying goodbye to Pikachu, Butterfree and Goodra work, as Team Rocket with Arbok and Weezing because the audience has had time to get to know the characters and we know what the emotional connection between them is.
I disagree heavily, Goh and Raboot (and earlier when it was a scorbunny) Definitely had enough of a bond to make me feel emotional, Definitely more than Goodra and ash at any rate

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Except for the TRio, those kinds of rules don't apply to them.
Well, in their case, they think they have the Ash rule that says they can carry their first Pokemon everywhere. Unfortunately, there just isn't a market for Weezing or Arbok. (However, there apparently is for Wobbuffet that it may as well be Jessie's real Pokemon. James suffers, sadly.)

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Funny thing that I was about to update this thread with a new post....

Anyway, I really like the choice of frame on Raboot's smiling face in the manga adaption of that episode:

20210418-171639.jpg

Machito Gomi did a great work here. Raboot is super adorable and must-protectable.

Funny thing that I was about to update this thread with a new post....

Anyway, I really like the choice of frame on Raboot's smiling face in the manga adaption of that episode:

20210418-171639.jpg

Machito Gomi did a great work here. Raboot is super adorable and must-protectable.
I need that manga

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Starswirl Pikachu

A semi interesting glance into Raboots night time activities. Would they really leave the fire type behind? I think it seemed almost possible but still a bit farfetched at this stage in their adventure.