• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Farewell, Raboot! (1111)

Yce288

Grass type FTW
Another thing i wanted to say is thats funny and weird that the writers chose to combine a male character with Beautifly.
I'm pretty sure Kasuhunt, Haruhunt, Hikahunt, Irihunt, Serehunt, Lillhunt, Mahunt and Suihunt would all look better than Satohunt.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Yeah but Ash-Beautifly is funny because of just how unexpected it was.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
This was such a nice and heartwarming episode. I really love how scorbunny raboot cinderace line's relationship with Go is being handled like a parent and a child's, with scorbunny being the adorable child who loves their parent and raboot being the teenager who is annoyed with their parent coz they seem to not understand them, they disagree with them and undergo a rebellious phase. So cute and something really new!

I loved the dancing part that was fun too. The beautifly migration was meh

The ending was really sweet. Idk how people hate on Go. He really did accept that he might be the problem to raboot and so maybe he will be better off without him, and raboot proving that wrong, even if he's a bit more distant now , he loves Go and it shows. Their reunion was cute. Go is a novice and might have trouble understanding his pokemons feelings, but he undoubtedly loves them and cares for them. His misunderstandings and character flaws are what makes him a nice character. People complain about him being a Gary stu coz he easily catches Pokemon (even tho most of their Pokemon are weak beginners) yet when he shows character like this they hate on it. Hypocrites

Go is really an amazing companion and a character and this episode really shows ash and go have great chemistry together!

Glad that when I learned the anime was going on a hiatus I didn't watch this episode and waited till the anime returned to watch it. That way my opinion on this ep wasn't affected by it being the last one for a while and I could thoroughly enjoy it!

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Yeah, I agree Goh's a good character. I personally have no issue with the kid and I think he's easily the most interesting non-Ash male companion.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
There’s a lot of little moments each episode that kinda make the series for me, and there was a lot here. Ash & Go’s banter, the Beautifly migration, the Pokémon Center redesign, the great animation for the dancing and just overall. The train station they were at also reminded me heavily of the time travel episode with May back in BF; thought that may or may not have been a nice easter egg.

The actual plot fell a bit flat for me. I see the reasoning both for and against the events, but it just felt lackluster. You can argue Raboot was so into the dancing just to help them win back the turf, but it generally comes out of nowhere and is presented in a way that makes you think it’s Raboot’s genuine passion. Same with Go, it’s nice he recognizes his shortcomings about deciding for it; but it does nothing to address the wider problem at hand which is his lack of support for what Raboot wants to do. I guess he cheered it on in the episode, but it’s yet to be seen if he’ll apply that to Raboot’s own needs. Besides that, Ash sounding pissed at the end was really cool and solidified his maturity (something I feel this series is easily the best at showing).

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Wait why didn't Goh catch a Silcoon before they all evolved, if he's trying to complete the dex? In fact, that's what I thought he meant when he told Ash they needed to find Silcoon instead of Wurmple

Goh should give Raboot to Tierno

Not gonna lie. This silly dance battle plot reminds me of random weak plots from TRio fillers in the johto region

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
So does Goh, but clearly you don't pay attention to episodes anyway
It's a main character against a side character. A main character has a hell lot of chances to divide their attention on the team, which Goh doesn't do that well because he literally has close to a hundred. A side character like Tierno only ever worries about three, but he clearly had a theme going on and thus clearly gave them more attention (ignoring the part he skipped on Mega Blastoise for some reason).

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Are we really comparing the few we've seen of Tierno with Goh? Really?

I don't see how Tierno using his other team members in the few on-screen appearances would be any different than what you've seen of Goh in regards to his other pokémon specially with the food wars episode showing he does care for his pokémon.

And if we are really comparing, Goh is doing better than even Ash himself because at least he feeds and grooms his pokémon when he is on the lab rather than letting it for the professor do it for him. And this is coming from a big Ash fan.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It's kind of bizarre. Lonely Pokemon who yearns for its DEAD mom got over its life trauma so quickly by not latching onto Goh - the one person who cared that much about it - as a parental replacement, but the next one that has muuuuuuuuuuuuch less of a reason and zero deep trauma to hold onto Goh is the one who doesn't want to leave him.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Why do you hate Raboot so much?

I don't hate Raboot at all, let alone so much. My remark about Raboot and Tierno had to do with Raboot's dancing skills

It's a main character against a side character. A main character has a hell lot of chances to divide their attention on the team, which Goh doesn't do that well because he literally has close to a hundred. A side character like Tierno only ever worries about three, but he clearly had a theme going on and thus clearly gave them more attention (ignoring the part he skipped on Mega Blastoise for some reason).

Well, to be fair, giving him Hitmontop and Politoed was completely random considering he never used them, but I agree about his other three Pokémon.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Remember how Go spent an episode bonding with a lonely pokemon and then forgot it existed?

And then transplanted his bond with one lonely pokemon onto another which he carries around now?

Good times
It's kind of bizarre. Lonely Pokemon who yearns for its DEAD mom got over its life trauma so quickly by not latching onto Goh - the one person who cared that much about it - as a parental replacement, but the next one that has muuuuuuuuuuuuch less of a reason and zero deep trauma to hold onto Goh is the one who doesn't want to leave him.

Cubone has found sanctuary and is part of a group of Pokémon that gather around Golurk and help it to keep peace in the park. Cubone's entire character doesn't need to be being lonely and needing to latch onto its trainer. It has his duty at the park and just coz he doesn't appear much in episodes doesn't mean Goh doesn't care, as proven multiple times

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Cubone has found sanctuary and is part of a group of Pokémon that gather around Golurk and help it to keep peace in the park. Cubone's entire character doesn't need to be being lonely and needing to latch onto its trainer. It has his duty at the park and just coz he doesn't appear much in episodes doesn't mean Goh doesn't care, as proven multiple times
Literally any Pokemon of his could fill that role, though.

I imagine the time he catches a Zangoose whose entire family got eaten by Seviper and has this incredibly sad backstory that needs one person in specific to help it go through its trauma...will just get sacked to a park ranger job and live happily ever after.

A Kricketot wanting to get a stick on the other side of the tree would somehow get too attached to Goh and never leave his side.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Literally any Pokemon of his could fill that role, though.

I imagine the time he catches a Zangoose whose entire family got eaten by Seviper and has this incredibly sad backstory that needs one person in specific to help it go through its trauma...will just get sacked to a park ranger job and live happily ever after.

A Kricketot wanting to get a stick on the other side of the tree would somehow get too attached to Goh and never leave his side.

What even is this argument lol? Just because you didn't want cubone to fill that role doesn't mean Goh kicked it aside and doesn't care for it. Cubone doesn't need to be defined just by his backstory