• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Farewell! The Wandering Team Rocket (1184)

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
It's nice to see TR bond with their pokémon in episodes that focus on that relationship
But not when they're just spamming poison sting and smokescreen every episode
Tbh TR in general is great when the episode focus on them instead of being excuses for DEM. The gacha is often just used for these random episodes battles so it ends up infamous of course

DatsRight

Truthfully, I can see where the appeal in the Gacha lies, it's just that, like several things in Journeys, that potential isn't met often enough.

The Gacha allows TR to actually increase their chances with new Pokemon and resources over just remaining stagnant with the same ones over and over, meaning more gag and scenario potential.

I mean I love Seviper and Inkay and the likes, but seeing them using the same attacks before getting KOed in one Thunderbolt is painfully dull on repeat for a whole series, while at least one off gags like TR losing because they got handed a Slaking that has no drive but to SLEEP is actually rather funny.

The main issue is as mentioned, the Gacha is only used in such entertaining ways a few odd times (eg. this episode, Grookey's origin, the odd Pelipper gag) in favour of the Pokemon just doing the same runaround Team Rocket usually do, so the trade off of consistent likeable Pokemon for the new gimmick doesn't feel worth it.

Granted they haven't exactly teased us with better ideas this series. I still kinda prefer the Gacha over watching James' abusive relationship with that equally repetitive Morpeko.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
So Journeys even managed to ruin a tr ep.
Awful episode

LazySpy

Kimty
Why the f*ck are you using *nets* to capture the Swablu instead of a Pokeball

Lots of contrivance throughout the episode

Meh dialogue at places

Great f*cking scenes with Breff and Cassidy though

Bad episode overall but very entertaining 7/10 enjoyment, like a 4/10 writing

Didn't waste my time even if I ended up finding it bad

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
The worst TR episode. Couldnt they make some serious moments? And what is the chance they are going to fly righttttt to Cassidy, and then fly righttttttttt to Butch?

LazySpy

Kimty
Why the f*ck are you using *nets* to capture the Swablu instead of a Pokeball

Lots of contrivance throughout the episode

Meh dialogue at places

Great f*cking scenes with Breff and Cassidy though

Bad episode overall but very entertaining 7/10 enjoyment, like a 4/10 writing

Didn't waste my time even if I ended up finding it bad
F*CK I just remembered, TRio has acess to tracking devices (they use one in episode 24) and they didn't put one on Pelipper

Strategic genius

Starswirl Pikachu

Its been forever since we had a Team Rocket focused story! Even though nothing major happened, I dare say this was one of the better episodes there has been in a while. Bonus points for the almost never seen Swablu, a pokemon all the way from Hoenn I think? It would take a pretty big event to break up the team so I don't see them separating very easily. I also like the blast from the past with Cassidy and Butch. Not much in the plot development department but I'd call it a good episode for Team Rocket.