• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Farewell, Unova! Setting Sail for New Adventures! (784)

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Oh Come on, it looked like a simple, fun, introduction episode. D:...

I actually liked it.

And plugging it up is supposed to be comical. D: The entire thing is supposed to be fillerish until X and Y anyway.

I never watched the ending though...I wish I could see it, but i can't at this moment. lol

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Somebody, please, help me to solve a doubt? At any moment of the episode, like when Ash is talking with Professor Oak or when the group are eating with Professor Juniper, is there any mention about Ash sending his "extra" Pokemon from Juniper's lab to Oak's lab? I mean, we know Unfezant is already in Oak's lab, but what about the others? Right now, as is carrying Pikachu, Charizard, Snivy, Pignite, Oshawott and a "random sixth member". Asn's can't leave his other Pokemon in Teselia (Palpitoad, Leavanny, Boldore, Krookodile and Scraggy), so he will have to transfer them at Oak's lab at some moment. Any clues if there's a mention about this in the episode, please?

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Yes, Juniper sent the Pokémon to Oak.

That happens with Team Rocket's pokémon, even Meowth all the time. Like in DP Carnivine, Yanmega, Mime Jr. and Seviper etc. could kick butt in contests winning ribbons and getting to the Top 4 in the GF.

All but one of which we never saw, and considering she couldn't even qualify for the Grand Festival fairly, they didn't 'kick butt.'

But hey, DP.

Amoonguss was strong in the beginning because TR was more 'serious' and 'intimidating'.

So you're agreeing I'm right.

I still don't think Amoonguss is a joke now though, even though the TRio is goofy again.

You've seen this hundreds of times before, but if it takes you more episodes to know the writers can only do completely stupid or completely competent, take as long as it needs.

I also think Frillish, Woobat and Yamask are pretty strong, too.

Frillish hasn't appeared since BW110, made only two appearances and did nothing of note in either. I hope you realize that.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
I agree with The Great Butler.

This isn't the first time a TR Pokemon was shown to be powerful in its debut, and then weakened, but it's especially noticeable with Amoonguss (unlike most, it remained strong for more than one episode). It seemed like it would stay a threat from beginning to end, then...this happens.

As for the actual episode, it was nothing special. Stuck a bit too close to the old formula.

Last edited:

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Not that I don't trust you, The Great Butler, but since I couldn't find any sub version of the episode yet, you are sure, right?

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
I don't get why people think that if a Pokemon is used for comedic purposes once it automatically becomes a complete joke.

Pansage has lost quite pathetically twice in the beauties' episode, so that means that he has become a complete joke? I don't think so.

At least Amoongus hasn't technically lost here (a.k.a., Killer Thunderbolt), so be grateful for that.

---

About the episode, contrary to a lot of people around here, I actually found it quite entertaining, despite sticking to the "old, tired formula". I would have preferred if they didn't use the overused "gimme your Pokeballs for x reason" excuse, but I don't complain. It's been a long time since we last saw that trick, so no problems for me. At least this is a new trick for the kids who started with BW. :p

Oshawott and Excadrill were the highlights for me. The otter has been quite good in opposing the TRio. A bonus for him. And Excadrill using Dig on a boat... ah, a classic joke but still quite amusing.

Maybe not the best beginner of a saga, but surely a decent breath of "old" air for me.

Not that I don't trust you, The Great Butler, but since I couldn't find any sub version of the episode yet, you are sure, right?

That's what Dogasu from Bulbagarden said:

To answer a few people's questions:

- Juniper told Oak that she will be sending the reserves Ash has at her lab over to his.

- Giovanni praised the Rocket trio for taking down Team Plasma (they're taking credit for that too) and told them to keep up the good work. The trio was super happy to be praised by their boss and vowed to capture Pikachu so they can continue being praised.

- They're still just using the Best Wishes! BGM.

Last edited:
I see where Butler is coming from though. It always seems that every time TR gets a new Pokémon no matter what the saga is, they start off really strong and a threat but in later episodes, they don't keep that level of competence and that could get frustrating. It's nothing new with Pokémon. Remember how Wobbuffet was in Johto for in example. There was an example of a Pokémon that was used for comedic purposes and yet when he unlocked his true powers could put up a good fight. This later changed when Wobbuffet became dare I say a stale character who would mostly show up to say his name and stand there, not doing anything. I mean let's look at al 191 episodes of DP. All their Pokémon in that saga put up a good fight in their debut episode but the other 100+ episodes they were ineffective. This somewhat changed in BW as I could recall a few times where their Pokémon actually did prove to be effective outside of their debut episode but now since TRio are becoming jokes again, there is a chance we might not see the level of competence Amoongus showed in earlier episodes ever again.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
Their Pokemon weren't shown losing much in BW mainly because they were used less and endured more compared to the previous sagas. Maybe that's one of the reasons why they're seen as more capable.

As long as they're shown able to take on their opponents and to not lose to a single attack then I don't have problems with eventual secondary roles.

Their Pokemon weren't shown losing much in BW mainly because they were used less and endured more compared to the previous sagas. Maybe that's one of the reasons why they're seen as more capable.

As long as they're shown able to take on their opponents and to not lose to a single attack then I don't have problems with eventual secondary roles.

The problem I have is most of their fights with Ash are usually boring and/or completely forgettable because the Pokémon TRio use are totally ineffective against Ash. Outside of their big missions in BW, how many Ash vs TRio battles do people actually remember? Only a handful really. TRio are remembered more for their crazy schemes and antics rather than their Pokémon battles with Ash. Not like this is a problem but Butler wanting to see more out of TRio's Pokémon is completely understandable.

Nightstar1994

Still sad TR didn't recover their old Pokemon in DA.

Come on, we saw Charizard and we're going to see Butterfree, but no Wobbuffet? I actually hoped it would be mentioned secretly on here =(

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Still sad TR didn't recover their old Pokemon in DA.

Come on, we saw Charizard and we're going to see Butterfree, but no Wobbuffet? I actually hoped it would be mentioned secretly on here =(

THey probably just went back to Kanto fast and left right away, I'm expecting Wobbufet atleast in X and Y.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Okay so I finally watched the actual episode (the first time in a year that I've bothered) and I must say it was enjoyable. Probably my favorite BW2 episode simply because of how fun it was. Yes, there were some cliche moments when I could read what the writers were going for and I thought they could have done better, but Team Rocket saved this episode from being completely boring imo. I mean James's disguises were excellent and that strange accent he used while dressed as the captain was funny in a strange way (maybe I'm just easily amused). Also, backing up a bit, the switcheroo that he pulled with the tickets was simple but ingenious. I loved it. I also noticed some things that looked like jokes that the writers were making about themselves; like that scene where Axew finished his food and was going to wander off but couldn't because of the locked doors. It's like they acknowledged the way they always make him get lost and actually stopped it from happening before it was too late lol. But my good sis Oshawott slayed the hardest. He clocked Team Rocket and was able to successfully ruin their scheme. If there was one moment that really disappointed me it was Iris's use of Excadrill; like come on sis, you should have known better than to have Excadrill attack on a ship. Anyway, I give this episode eight kisses out of ten, which is above average for BW.~

MountNittany

SO what was the conversation with Giovanni about?

They told him that they stopped Team Plasma for good. He replied by saying that he is pleased with their work and he is counting on them. And basically they are happy because they made Giovanni happy for once. Nothing deeper than that. No "new plan" or "new start" for TR.

For everyone displeased with TR in this episode, remember they started being goofy again at the beginning of Episode N 14 weeks ago, and seemingly nobody had a problem then. I don't see why now it's a big deal all of the sudden since they've been like this for the past few months.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
For everyone displeased with TR in this episode, remember they started being goofy again at the beginning of Episode N 14 weeks ago, and seemingly nobody had a problem then. I don't see why now it's a big deal all of the sudden since they've been like this for the past few months.

It was a problem back then, but since they got slightly more serious when Episode N progressed their behavior became somewhat livable. In this episode they were so much more worse than in Episode N and it doesn't seem like things will get better either. That's why people are making a 'big deal' about it.

Tykira

Wishful thinking FTW
At least it's nice to see him being competent and less silly.

Iris uses Dig on a boat......it's sinking.....:p

TR get sent blasting off......

Why......WHY did Iris make Excadrill use dig on a MOVING cruise ship?!?

Isn't she suppose to be a little smarter than Ash? -.-

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
So it does seem like Cilan might not leave for the next saga as he stated that he wants to travel through another region to improve his Connoisseur skills.

matt0044

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Wow, well that new opening for the dub is really dull, but that fits Da. Ash was funny in the dream sequence, but not much else to say for this.