• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Farewell, Unova! Setting Sail for New Adventures! (784)

Wow, well that new opening for the dub is really dull, but that fits Da. Ash was funny in the dream sequence, but not much else to say for this.

LOL @ "That fits Da!"

Really it wasn't that bad
I haven't seen the newer intro yet, but I liked how Yuoke was mocking Da! to tell you the truth. I'll be able to judge it for myself later on when I actually get to see it. XD.

SmartD

The Decolora Islands arc begins. They changed the dub opening again, this time with scenes from the Decolora opening from Japan. It was a good episode. This arc feels like the Orange Islands all over again. I'm looking forward to the next episode.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Ash can't listen. The cruise guy said his name was Porter and 5 seconds later Ash says "That's very nice of you Parker."

As for the ep itself not sure as to why people made this sound like such an awful ep to an awful arc. I thought it was pretty good

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
So instead of just replacing "Adventures in Unova" for "Decolor Islands," the dub instead wrote the series as "Adventures in Unova & Beyond." LIES. Unova has been tossed into the trashcan.

But the title brings a tear to my eyes. It's such an awesome sentence for a title. Definitely my best favorite part in Unova: the departure.

Ash can't listen. The cruise guy said his name was Porter and 5 seconds later Ash says "That's very nice of you Parker."

As for the ep itself not sure as to why people made this sound like such an awful ep to an awful arc. I thought it was pretty good

People disliked this episode because it was essentially the start of a filler arc without purpose.

Also because they dissed Iris for making Excadrill dig a hole on a ship.

Last edited:
I know I am probably in the minority here but I actually enjoyed this episode. I fully embraced the type of saga I am dealing with until October comes around, one with much filler and no plot except Ash going back home. I'm still not quite convinced this was how they should have ended BW, which for all its faults, still was a good saga with a lot of plot and the fact that we are going out on a season with no plot is upsetting, but like I said, I know what kind of saga we are dealing with here. Oshawott was adorable in this, TRio was more tolerable than I thought they would be even if I am still not crazy about their change, the dream sequence was cool, and it was a fun episode.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
So instead of just replacing "Adventures in Unova" for "Decolor Islands," the dub instead wrote the series as "Adventures in Unova & Beyond." LIES. Unova has been tossed into the trashcan.

But the title brings a tear to my eyes. It's such an awesome sentence for a title. Definitely my best favorite part in Unova: the departure.

People disliked this episode because it was essentially the start of a filler arc without purpose.

Also because they dissed Iris for making Excadrill dig a hole on a ship.
But what were they expecting? The writers pretty much did everything they could in Unova. Wasn't filler the only choice? I mean they could of done an arc based on the Conquest games where Ash and the others go back in time I suppose...Not sure if that would of pleased anyone. But din't BW have less fillers during the actual plot? Myself I'd rather have fillers like this rather then during the main plot.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
But what were they expecting? The writers pretty much did everything they could in Unova. Wasn't filler the only choice? I mean they could of done an arc based on the Conquest games where Ash and the others go back in time I suppose...Not sure if that would of pleased anyone. But din't BW have less fillers during the actual plot? Myself I'd rather have fillers like this rather then during the main plot.

They quite honestly forgot MOST of the important places in Unova.

White Forest/Black City
Reversal Mountain
Seaside Cave
Abundant Shrine
Marine Tube (if they added Humilau City, then why not this one?)
Keldeo's secret place in Floccesy Town
Clay Tunnel, possibly
Cave of Being
Liberty Garden
Plasma Frigate
Possibly the Moor of Icirrus
Mistralton Cave
Relic Castle (which unfortunately was taken down with the banned episodes)
Lentimas Town
Lacunosa Town
All those bridges that were supposedly very important landmarks in the games, ESPECIALLY Village Bridge
Grimsley, Velma I mean Shauntal, and Marshal are absent

Add some fillers and you'll get a reasonable amount of chapters. DP in comparison included nearly everything except the Battle Frontier island (save for the Ranger episode with the Heatran).

SlimeStack

Awful title, awful OP. TPCi have really messed up with season 16. I actually thought the OPs for seasons 9-15 were half decent, except the name of Battle Dimension. No idea what that's supposed to mean.

Janovy

Banned
What about Sinnoh League Victors? That title only would have worked had Ash won the League.
Well tbh, that title could have referred to anyone, not just Ash. That's why plural is used. x)

Well tbh, that title could have referred to anyone, not just Ash. That's why plural is used. x)

I still didn't like having that be the title. I think it's plural to represent a trainer and their Pokémon won. So it's called Sinnoh League Victors because Tobias and his Pokémon won (even though he only used two of them). The title was clearly referring to Tobias and I don't think they should have named a whole season after a character who hardly appeared in the season.

*futachimaru*

Music Maker/ Dreamer
If I'm honest, BW totally put me off the pokemon anime. I can watch any past episode and still be interested, but these BW episodes are either too boring or too predictable.
I just hope that this last episode will be great and restore my faith in the pokemon anime.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'

Because the writers screwed up with the timing of BW as a whole. Having the league ending 35+ episodes before the series is terrible. The filler should be balanced throughout instead of basically nothing important happening after the league until xy.

halloweenghost

pretty good episode. Team Rocket is back to their old ways for sure now.. and once more took credit for ending the other team to the boss... but they did help though...

Oshawott was awesome I love it when he just wanders around. osha osha osha osha!

I'mgonna miss Axew once the XY anime comes.. I'll miss his innocence..

I'm glad they kept the Decolora name. I hd a feeling they were,.. but also had a feelign they would call it somethign else.. glad they kept it.

The opening was great. Showed enoguh to keep the theme of the Decolora adventure, without spoilerish things of whats to come like the past intros showing spoilerish things.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I still didn't like having that be the title. I think it's plural to represent a trainer and their Pokémon won. So it's called Sinnoh League Victors because Tobias and his Pokémon won (even though he only used two of them). The title was clearly referring to Tobias and I don't think they should have named a whole season after a character who hardly appeared in the season.

Still Ash made it into the Sinnoh league so that is most likely what it reflects. I don't see why they can't just call it Pokemon DP and they just make seasons but no season surnames.

Still wonder if they will keep the old name mixup thing like they did for Stephan with Porter

SlimeStack

What about Sinnoh League Victors? That title only would have worked had Ash won the League.

Not necessarily. It just has to involve the victors of the Sinnoh League. And at least that season did involve the Sinnoh League.

Adventures in Unova on the other hand began with the Pokémon League (who begins a season with a league!? And it involved the destinies of Ash's rivals... being the finale of Rival Destinies would have worked much better), then moved onto Episode N which is in Unova sure, but Ash isn't exactly on random adventures there, and now it's not even in Unova. It's the worst possible title they could have picked, and slapping "and beyond" on the end mid-season doesn't fix anything.

And this is without the horrible music and poor footage editing for the N/DA arcs. :S

matt0044

And this is without the horrible music and poor footage editing for the N/DA arcs. :S

Are you nuts? I like the current dub opening song. At least, it's far more catchier than TPCi's usual.