• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Farewell, Unova! Setting Sail for New Adventures! (784)

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
...Brock and May were not in Unova...

Don't get me wrong, though, I miss them too.
I think he meant that he will miss unova as much as he misses brock and may.

I think he meant that he will miss unova as much as he misses brock and may.

Ah, I see now. Thanks for the clarification.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Did the original version have Giovanni tell them "that's it for now" at the end of his transmission? Suddenly I don't feel quite as miserable about the prospects for post-Adventures in Unova and Beyond if that's the case...

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
This episode reminds me of "The Scheme Team" from the transition from Hoenn to Battle Frontier. TR even see Giovanni in that ep too.

It was like the end of a saga...but not really...since BF was just a continuation of Hoenn with the same cast. Much like the Da! arc is really just Best Wishes extended for 6 more months of fillers.

The AG transition was done better.

This episode reminds me of "The Scheme Team" from the transition from Hoenn to Battle Frontier. TR even see Giovanni in that ep too.

It was like the end of a saga...but not really...since BF was just a continuation of Hoenn with the same cast. Much like the Da! arc is really just Best Wishes extended for 6 more months of fillers.

The AG transition was done better.

Agreed. That's pretty much how I feel about this episode too.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
To be honest, this transition just feels smaller and limited among the plot and iconic characters. Like how one transition goes (like Hoenn to BF) pretty smoothly, and with a hint of nostalgic. All we have here is Ash, Iris, Cilan, Prof. Juniper, Prof. Oak (only from a computer screen), Team Rocket... and that's about it.

Feels very condensed, with not much but having TR meddle as usual.

Even the end of DP felt smaller and condensed. Just Ash, Dawn, Brock, Team Rocket, Giovanni (super briefly, though done well), Johanna (if you wanna count her), and that's about it.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
To be honest, this transition just feels smaller and limited among the plot and iconic characters. Like how one transition goes (like Hoenn to BF) pretty smoothly, and with a hint of nostalgic. All we have here is Ash, Iris, Cilan, Prof. Juniper, Prof. Oak (only from a computer screen), Team Rocket... and that's about it.

Feels very condensed, with not much but having TR meddle as usual.

Even the end of DP felt smaller and condensed. Just Ash, Dawn, Brock, Team Rocket, Giovanni (super briefly, though done well), Johanna (if you wanna count her), and that's about it.

Giovanni was at the end of DP? Thought it was just his sidekick

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Giovanni was at the end of DP? Thought it was just his sidekick

The trio only talked to Matori, but then you saw her deliver her report to Giovanni.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
Anyone who's only following the dub has literally no idea how much worse this arc is going to get.

This episode is good compared to what you're going to be seeing in August and September.

More than prepare, fandom. It's better said: prepare Cartoon Network. In the US, the show is getting placed below the Top 100 sometimes and has very high risk to drop below one million viewers.

Da! will help taking down pokemon out of good ratings.

If you don'T cinsider this true, prepare for Decolore...

Vernikova

Champion
Considering that the newest generation is coming up, I peeked a bit at this episode but I admit that I only caught the second half of this episode. Team Rocket is still up to there antics at this point is a disappointment to say the least. I know that they supposedly became more serious earlier this generation but I guess that they could not keep it forever. This greatly reminded me of the classic blimp episode from early OI though. I don't remember the exact episode at the moment but the plot seemed the same. I really can't say much about this one though since I didn't see all of it.

It seems like I came at a good time though since they're heading back to Kanto so maybe I can wake up early next week. On the other hand, judging from the comments above, I should just stay out until the next generation.

Janovy

Banned
It seems like I came at a good time though since they're heading back to Kanto so maybe I can wake up early next week. On the other hand, judging from the comments above, I should just stay out until the next generation.
Or you should watch the episodes for yourself and have your own opinion?

Vernikova

Champion
Or you should watch the episodes for yourself and have your own opinion?

Unlike you, many of us don't have the luxury watching this show on a weekly basis for a vast array of reasons. Some of us, surprisingly, have things to do when it airs and would have to go out of our way to watch it. If a disproportionate amount of fans, many whose opinion I regard, few on this site of course, consider this a string of bad episodes on a show that's been known for bad writing since the very beginning then I will take pause when considering watching those episodes and likely avoid them.

This is why reviews exist after all. For people to gauge as to whether or not something is "good" and for people who are considering investing time into said "something" can have a varied amount of opinions as to make a decision on investing in it. You do understand, right? I'm only asking since you seem to be capable of painting broad stokes and assuming people have all the time in the world to watch episodes of Pokemon.

Last edited:

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Unlike you, many of us don't have the luxury watching this show on a weekly basis for a vast array of reasons. Some of us, surprisingly, have things to do when it airs and would have to go out of our way to watch it. If a disproportionate amount of fans, many whose opinion I regard, few on this site of course, consider this a string of bad episodes on a show that's been known for bad writing since the very beginning then I will take pause when considering watching those episodes and likely avoid them.

This is why reviews exist after all. For people to gauge as to whether or not something is "good" and for people who are considering investing time into said "something" can have a varied amount of opinions as to make a decision on investing in it. You do understand, right? I'm only asking since you seem to be capable of painting broad stokes and assuming people have all the time in the world to watch episodes of Pokemon.

Well, without spoiling, there have to be any plot relevant episodes so far in da. If that helps you decide whether to watch.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Unlike you, many of us don't have the luxury watching this show on a weekly basis for a vast array of reasons. Some of us, surprisingly, have things to do when it airs and would have to go out of our way to watch it.

It is called a DVR. If people can't afford one these days that is sad

Vernikova

Champion
It is called a DVR. If people can't afford one these days that is sad

And on Demand. And the internet. What's really sad is that even after I re-clarified my what I said in the second paragraph that someone couldn't understand what I was saying.

Let me re-clarify for the third time. Just for you Melody: I don't have a lot of free time. I'm picky with what I choose to watch because of it. Reviews help me decide what to watch. If you need me to spoon feed you some more, please just ask.

Last edited:

Vipsoccermaster

Fine episode. Team Rocket is funny as always, but they always have their plans goofed. Yay for Oshawott for shining in this episode.

dman_dustin

No, reviews exist to get people to hate something even though they've never seen it. (Harsh but more right than wrong, in my opinion)

While maybe a majority may dislike something it doesn't mean, one person or you, might be in the minority who does like something.

As for me I hate reviews, fans or critics, because most of the time their biased drivel, that aren't actually reviewing what they are reviewing, they either review it based on similar movies, or past generation version or compare it to a movie they like better. And most of the time they hardly review things on it's own merits (but maybe some do).

That said, reviews can give some idea how people reacted to the movies, sure, but there have been many movies, shows, video games, music where a lot of people negatively reacted to the subject, where I actually enjoyed said subject.

Very few times have I ever agreed when majority were being very negative. I prefer to have my own opinion on things. I like to go into something not caring or knowing what other people think, and I'm not going to follow the swarm of majority opinion (unless I decide to agree).

I'll be likely the person who would defend a crazy man trying to open a door to an airplane, rather than stomp him to death, because I can notice from my perspective that hey, maybe he isn't crazy maybe he's dying in his head, and he is in pain, and doesn't know what the hell he's doing. No, I'm definitely not going to swept by the angry mob, because they have to not only stop the guy from opening the door, but have to stomp him to death because that totally makes sense......you know as opposed to at least knocking him unconscious or tying him up. I mean probably a good 20 passengers vs 1 man, and it has to result in death?

Just speaking hypothetically.

Now, my issue with Decolore is that it's a waste of my time, very few episodes are good, that seems to be majority, I guess, but that's because what I expected of Decolore doesn't exist. It's just wasting time used for something else.

If you like adventures and stuff, then feel free to watch, if you expected a major plot points, then perhaps you'll dislike it. I don't know, I'm not you, and I'm not going to pretend I am you. You may very well like something I find incredibly boring and a waste of time.

However

[spoil]Ever since Alexa came on the screen, the episodes have become bearable to watch at least once[/spoil]

But that's just me.

Vernikova

Champion
No, reviews exist to get people to hate something even though they've never seen it.

Then you read awful reviews from awful reviewers. Congrats.

edit: I don't see why people are trying to push this issue. I've already said my piece and will not respond to anyone else looking to beat this dead horse.

Last edited: