• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fat People

Pesky Persian

Caffeine Queen
Thank you for taking it out of context. Point still stands, if you're gonna be fat either lose weight or deal with it. And yes, the majority of fat people can lose weight.

The majority of overweight people can lose weight, that's true. However, it's not as easy as people make it seem. It takes a lifestyle change and serious commitment. It's not making one minor change and you're magically fit. It's not going on this diet and you'll be healthy (in fact, going on a diet not recommended by a certified dietician is one way to gain more weight in the end). It's trying your hardest to restrict calories and follow your exercise routine even when you have a busy day. It's trying not to let the lack of results from months of work break you down. And it's not even looking at the scale when you go to the doctor because you know as soon as you see that stupid little number, you're going to have an emotional breakdown.

It's a lot of work, physically and emotionally. It's not easy at all. People can do it, but it's very hard.

Honestly this person is completely ignorant for thinking that genes have nothing to do with it whatsoever. Those nitrogenous bases contain all the information we live off of and how we develop. To a "T". Any deviation in the genes causes a difference in appearance, structure, or functionality. This is the basis for evolution.

To be completely fair, genetics playing a part in weight is fairly rare. It's also not an excuse to let your weight get out of control considering even if you have those predisposed conditions, you can take measures to live a healthy lifestyle. Saying that people are fat because of genetics is a poor excuse and inaccurate most of the time. Most of the time, it's living an unhealthy lifestyle and/or lack of education on nutrition and exercise.

/fatty playing devil's advocate

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Black people can also bleach themselves like Michael Jackson did. Therefore prejudice against them is fine,

Not exactly the same you are not born fat.

just like with fat people who choose to be fat. There just couldn't be any genetic factors that made them that way?

That is just lame excused pulled by fat people couldn't be bothered to go on a diet.

Sure fat people can lose weight at different rate but they can lose through time and effort, something that some of them are not willing to do.

Ever saw an elephant go on a diet?

An elephant isn't fat or would it need to go on a diet.

Krick88

To be completely fair, genetics playing a part in weight is fairly rare. It's also not an excuse to let your weight get out of control considering even if you have those predisposed conditions, you can take measures to live a healthy lifestyle. Saying that people are fat because of genetics is a poor excuse and inaccurate most of the time. Most of the time, it's living an unhealthy lifestyle and/or lack of education on nutrition and exercise.

/fatty playing devil's advocate

Agreed. This was noted in a previous post I made.

Zevn

Lost in Translation
Dislike of fat people comes from a few things:

-Seeing it as a sign of mental weakness
-Seeing them as lazy
-Seeing them as gluttons
-Seeing them as unattractive
-Seeing their lack of health as ^

But then again there are a lot of "skinny-fat" people who get away with being all of the above because they are prone to a certain body form.

Neither one is healthy.

Haters gonna hate, if you want to be fat and happy go for it.

But if you don't want to be, and don't know how not to be... here you go!

-Cut down on your carbs
-Strenuous exercise five days a week for at least forty minutes
-Drink a lot of water
-Walk more places

Notice the difference more quickly by the more you cut carbs and the more you exercise. Easy.

Last edited:

Gelatino95

Not a tool
I generally look down on fat people because it tells me that they're unintelligent or have really poor self-control. However, I try to be lenient in my judgements since I know there are uncontrollable factors that could lead to obesity. I'm just lucky that I'm skinny as a rail without even trying.

There's so much hypocrisy here. Being judgmental to fat people and criticizing their character. And that coming from people frequenting a site of a worthless little diversion like pokemon, how would they like others judging their character/choices in life because of that?

Zevn

Lost in Translation
There's so much hypocrisy here. Being judgmental to fat people and criticizing their character. And that coming from people frequenting a site of a worthless little diversion like pokemon, how would they like others judging their character/choices in life because of that?

They would be right to. ^_^

Healthy fun isn't worthless anyway, it's good for your sanity.

Vernikova

Champion
TL;DR= People hate fat people for no good reason.

I hate them because they take up too much space on the train and are an eyesore.

With that said, I think that they should just ignore the comments people make about them and continue doing whatever the hell they want to do with their body.

Gelatino95

Not a tool

People already do. I'm recognized as one of the smartest kids in my chemistry class and people act all surprised when they hear I play pokemon. It shouldn't be surprising, unless, of course, people get the idea that there is a direct correlation between pokemon and mental capacity.

Espectra

The Ghost Type Guru!
Dislike of fat people comes from a few things:

-Seeing it as a sign of mental weakness
-Seeing them as lazy
-Seeing them as gluttons
-Seeing them as unattractive
-Seeing their lack of health as ^

But then again there are a lot of "skinny-fat" people who get away with being all of the above because they are prone to a certain body form.

Neither one is healthy.

Haters gonna hate, if you want to be fat and happy go for it.

But if you don't want to be, and don't know how not to be... here you go!

-Cut down on your carbs
-Strenuous exercise five days a week for at least forty minutes
-Drink a lot of water
-Walk more places

Notice the difference more quickly by the more you cut carbs and the more you exercise. Easy.

Pretty much this.

I've known some amazing souls who were/are a little overweight, it makes them feel insecure, and as much they'd like to lose wight they just can't, I had a friend who's dream was to become a dancer, but she couldn't become what she wanted because she was overweight.

I know there are ways to solve this, but in a way, I almost understand how they feel, we all have insecurities, and that's a big one for them.

tbh looking at fat people makes me ill because the rolls of fat make me legitimately sick so tbh i would rather not puke irl so therefore fat people = devils imo

Omg,fat people make me so sick watching their huge rolls of fat and crap....UGHH ! GROSS !

Lt Steel

The Steel Curtain
I just don't like how:
They smell
They look
Make excuses as to why they are fat
Basically everything else

Just go to the Gym or something.
And stop eating at McDonalds.

~ ;143; ;143; ;143; ;143; ;143; ~

They need to at least take a walk or something. It's good for their health.

There is also a racial aspect to this, as 80% of black women are fat and obese. You people are literally condemning virtually whole races due to your prejudice of fat people. Shame shame shame. Shame on you.

Mrs Mime

a little haphazard
What about overweight people who are bed bound due to serious illness, such as cancer? Gaining weight and becoming fat isn't really a choice for them since they usually can't move without pain.

Also, very skinny people are just as bad.