• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fat People

Kacho

You are next.
Er. No. Commenting on someone's physical appearance negatively in a verbal argument (or even ****-talking with your friends) is really low, not to mention unoriginal.

I disagree, unless I misinterpreted your message.

But everyone has eyes to see and ears to hear.
we, as human beings, like to factors in what we think of a person based on what they do, and either 1) how the person can benefit us or 2) how the person can harm us.

This is where evaluation comes in. There might be a person you think is completely normal, but your friend may find the person creepy or evil because you can't see it. would it be considered talking **** or evaluation?

hey, appearance is one thing, but personality is another. the combination of both is how we perceive people.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl

Quinnzel

Insanely Great
I disagree, unless I misinterpreted your message.

But everyone has eyes to see and ears to hear.
we, as human beings, like to factors in what we think of a person based on what they do, and either 1) how the person can benefit us or 2) how the person can harm us.

This is where evaluation comes in. There might be a person you think is completely normal, but your friend may find the person creepy or evil because you can't see it. would it be considered talking **** or evaluation?

hey, appearance is one thing, but personality is another. the combination of both is how we perceive people.
That's interpretation based on behavioral traits. This is about commenting negatively on someone's appearance. The difference between calling someone a "*****" and calling someone a "fat ugly *****". The latter implies that you have a problem with fat and ugly people. If you don't, why would you use it negatively? If someone was physically beautiful but a total ****, would you call her a "beautiful *****" or just a "*****"?

I don't really use physical appearance as a part of how I interpret somebody, it's all personality based with me. If you use appearance, you tend to buy into the stereotypes of what that person looks like. Such as, a fat person must be lazy, an emo-looking kid must be depressed, etc etc. A lot of my friends are punk rockers and hardcore metal fans with mohawks (among other weird hairstyles), studded jackets/vests, and tattoos. You (and the majority of society) might see somebody threatening, destructive, and odd. I see regular people with honest hard-working jobs who in actuality get along with just about anybody after talking to them for a few minutes.

Nyter

Island Challenger
That's interpretation based on behavioral traits. This is about commenting negatively on someone's appearance. The difference between calling someone a "*****" and calling someone a "fat ugly *****". The latter implies that you have a problem with fat and ugly people. If you don't, why would you use it negatively? If someone was physically beautiful but a total ****, would you call her a "beautiful *****" or just a "*****"?

I don't really use physical appearance as a part of how I interpret somebody, it's all personality based with me. If you use appearance, you tend to buy into the stereotypes of what that person looks like. Such as, a fat person must be lazy, an emo-looking kid must be depressed, etc etc. A lot of my friends are punk rockers and hardcore metal fans with mohawks (among other weird hairstyles), studded jackets/vests, and tattoos. You (and the majority of society) might see somebody threatening, destructive, and odd. I see regular people with honest hard-working jobs who in actuality get along with just about anybody after talking to them for a few minutes.

I think I just teared a little!

MissDigitalis

love at first sting
Ugh, I wouldn't mind it this thread were locked. I genuinely can't tell if people are THAT ignorant or just trolling by saying crap like "fat people are the bane of existence" and "fat people are useless" and such.

Zevn

Lost in Translation
Ugh, I wouldn't mind it this thread were locked. I genuinely can't tell if people are THAT ignorant or just trolling by saying crap like "fat people are the bane of existence" and "fat people are useless" and such.

Fat people are unhealthy. Being unhealthy is unattractive.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Thanks for that irrelevant response.
It's actually not all that irrelevant. The reason humans naturally don't like fat people is evolutionary.

Battlestar

TRC Boss
I think the New jersey governer is a great politician. I just find it mean ( I do it myself) when you insult people about there weight it really gets to them.

halloweenghost

Iagree it is rediculas.. I am overweight and I tell you..it is not easy. yeah ha ha.. lose soem weight fatty... thats easier said then done.. stop being jerks and be human..

Vernikova

Champion
The difference between calling someone a "*****" and calling someone a "fat ugly *****". The latter implies that you have a problem with fat and ugly people. If you don't, why would you use it negatively? If someone was physically beautiful but a total ****, would you call her a "beautiful *****" or just a "*****"?

Fat and ugly are negative connotations in today's society while beautiful is not. Obviously, if you're fighting with a girl like that, you insult something else about her and not her looks.

Virtuous

All fat people are fat because their lazy, even those people with "conditions" personally I could care less as long as you pay for it yourself and don't get so fat the government has to use my tax money to cart your fat *** to a hospital to look after you with my money.

G50

No longer posting
Same goes for all the fat people who claim genetics over their horrible lifetstyle.

True.

Regardless, claims about Fat and Thin people really aren't always true, even though society in general claims it.

I refuse to use stereotypes about anything including Fat and thin people, and will continue to.