• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fat People

Grey Wind

You're perfectly right that unwarranted hate against fat people is unfair, but a lot of things are unfair. There are a lot of groups that face prejudice on a daily basis, and ranting against it isn't really going to do anything :/

And that post was from DA so you can't really take it seriously.

Also, people should stop saying that 'it's their choice' and 'just lose the weight'. It's not that simple. Sure, you should have more self-control and not get fat, but just because you're thin you shouldn't say that it's a choice. Obviously they have no one to blame but themselves, really, but you can't be so quick to say that for every overweight person there is.

I'm recognized as one of the smartest kids in my chemistry class
Is it just me or do you try and mention your intelligence irl a lot.

Last edited:

bel9

n3w 2 sppf :3
Weight loss is so easy, guys. I bet I could do it in a week. blahblahblah more conceited self-love blahblahblah opportunity to attempt funniness on a pokemon forum blahblah

Wat.

I also think the OP is fat.
Their choice, nobody forces one to be obese.

Wolf Prince

Lycan Seraph
I agree, beeing might be within the genetic, some people where born fat and even if they try to take it out it takes very long, it's not the fault of the fat people for beeing fat, and i mean what's the problem with just having more mass? it's their problem if they die of Cholesterol in their blood, it's not our duty to make them feel bad just to make them healthy.

ChedWick

Black people can also bleach themselves like Michael Jackson did. Therefore prejudice against them is fine, just like with fat people who choose to be fat. There just couldn't be any genetic factors that made them that way? Ever saw an elephant go on a diet?
Let's try to be more reasonable here.

There's something a bit ironic about this post. What ever could it be.

Anyways, if you're fat and complain about it, I have no sympathy for you. If you're fat and happy then I'm envious because you, unlike so many others are happy with yourself. Look at Malanu, he's a resident jolly fatman.

I'm against accommodating people who's life choices put them out of place and whine about it just so they can be more comfortable while they hate themselves. Cruel? Sure, but I don't care.

Last edited:

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I agree, beeing might be within the genetic, some people where born fat

You are not born fat and being fat has nothing to do with genetic.

and even if they try to take it out it takes very long,

It may take a long time but it can done with effort. The problem is that they just don't want to.

it's not the fault of the fat people for beeing fat,

Of course it is. If you eat nothing but fatty food and do no exercises then you no one to blame but yourself.

and i mean what's the problem with just having more mass?

Have you tried sitting next to a fat person on the bus, train, cinema? They take up lots of room thus making it uncomfortable.

it's their problem if they die of Cholesterol in their blood,

Not until they become a drain on the health services.

it's not our duty to make them feel bad just to make them healthy.

Fact: The Human race is not meant to be fat and being fat comes with health problems which mean they will be using the health service when it was their fault that they got into this mess in the first place.

bel9

And the free market isn't too kind to the obese. The free market is filled with "get fit quick schemes" that scream at the obese. Through all the noise and hype, it can be quite difficult for anyone looking to lose weight to understand the effective methods.

Our society basically tells the obese that losing weight is an easy task and if they can't live up to our unrealistic and pop-media fueled standards there is something fundamentally wrong with them.

MissDigitalis

love at first sting
Gelatino95 said:
I'm recognized as one of the smartest kids in my chemistry class
Is it just me or do you try and mention your intelligence irl a lot.
Well being that he's "skinny as a rail" he must be a super genius because, like, you know all fat people are stupid and like, the fat clogs up their brains so like, skinny people are waaaay smarter.

YaDunGoofed said:
I also think the OP is fat.
Sniff sniff.. what's that? Is that a logical fallacy I smell?

belbackinblack said:
Our society basically tells the obese that losing weight is an easy task
Snorunt conservationist said:
Because it is.
Well I know it sure as hell wasn't easy for me. I was 180 and after half starving myself and biking 24 miles a day for a year I only got down to 130.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
And the free market isn't too kind to the obese. The free market is filled with "get fit quick schemes" that scream at the obese. Through all the noise and hype, it can be quite difficult for anyone looking to lose weight to understand the effective methods.

The most simple effective method is eat low fat food with exercises with time and effort the fat will roll off.

Our society basically tells the obese that losing weight is an easy task

It is, just that fat people expect an over night result and when they don't get it or find it hard they just give up.

bel9

Because it is.

LMAO

Last year I weighed 220 lbs. I really let myself go.

I currently weigh 170 lbs.

Although I look back and would like to say it was an "easy" task that didn't require much time, work, and effort, I can't.

Weightloss requires time and effort that not everyone has.

Furthermore, you being dick about it isn't going to solve anything unless your hope is to drive obese people to bulimia.

I know you are a hardcore southpark republican aka internet libertarian who masturbates to the old idea of rugged individualism, but give me a fucking break. The psychology behind obesity shows a very different story.

Last edited:
LMAO

Last year I weighed 220 lbs. I really let myself go.

I currently weigh 170 lbs.

Although I look back and would like to say it was an "easy" task that didn't require much time, work, and effort, I can't.

Weightloss requires time and effort that not everyone has.

Furthermore, you being dick about it isn't going to solve anything unless your hope is to drive obese people to anorexia and bulimia.

I know you and chedwick are hardcore southpark republicans aka internet libertarians who masturbate to the old idea of rugged individualism, but give me a fucking break.

There is nothing complicated about eating more healthily and getting more exercise. Just because things happen at a relatively slow pace in many cases (though you lost a quarter of your body weight in a year, which hardly seems slow to me) does not mean the steps themselves are complicated, they're not.

If you are fat and are being a whiny little pussy about it, get some exercise and sort your diet out. It is easy, you just need some willpower (and that includes the willpower and discipline to not let yourself go in the first place).

Would also love to hear your view as to how an "internet libertarian" comes to be.

It wasn't a weight loss/health related choice.

What was it then?

I should point out I don't hate fatties per se, just the whiny variety.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't afford to eat much at the time and I didn't have food stamps.

So you weren't approaching weight loss as a "task"? Ergo your point is irrelevant. I'll also state that losing a third of your body weight in a year is quite a bit.

MissDigitalis

love at first sting
So you weren't approaching weight loss as a "task"? Ergo your point is irrelevant. I'll also state that losing a third of your body weight in a year is quite a bit.
My point is that biking 24 miles a day isn't "easy" and neither is starvation. Sure it might be a significant amount of weight but at what cost to my actual health?