• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fat People

Zevn

Lost in Translation
Fine, but what you conveniently ignored (and still are) was the bit I quoted multiple times. You know, how "healthy obese people live as long as those of “normal” weight, and are less likely to die of cardiovascular causes."

I'm going to need you to cite this claim. The only conclusive evidence I've seen on a similar matter is that a slightly overweight person can survive some unrelated disease slightly better because their body suffers less trauma from the illness.

True, but then you should probably also be scolding people who smoke cigarettes and drink alcohol just as much. It's stupid to harm your body, yes, but I wouldn't tell people "you shouldn't do x because WHAT IF OUR SOCIETY WAS DIFFERENT." Our society is the way it is.

I actually scold them just as much, I also nag my female friends to carry pepper spray.

Last edited:

Kacho

You are next.
eh.. I don't like the BMI scale. I don't think it factors in genetics, and probably other factors not in my head right now. LOLz.

ChloboShoka

Writer
BMI = Body Mean Insults

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
It probably is possible to be fat and healthy at the same time, but it is pretty vague on how this study defines "overweight" and "obesity" and I'm still skeptical on calling "obese" people more healthier than normal weight people. If that was the case, you'd think it'd be found all over the place; but it isn't.

kochoupink

butts lol
Do you know what a lie is?

He wasn't accusing anyone of having anything to do with lies. He was instead calling them "a den or resting place for a wild animal." An interesting choice of insult, but at least it was creative.

Nyter

Island Challenger
have you ever been to the doctor? What do they do during your appointment? They check your organs, your heart rate, your blood pressure. They can do blood tests. Ultrasounds. X-rays. Derp.

~psychic

so why didn't you say this in your original post?
I knew all this, just complete the post next time.

It's usually all in the cardio to stay healthy, the rest is all early detection if anything.
But most fat people will admit they live a lower self-esteem life.
Not sure if psychologists treat this type of depression.

Caelus

Personally I don't see why people care if others are fat. It's not any of their business and to hate someone because of it is just stupid.

For the same reasons people hate any other person based on their appearance/preference. Lack of compassion, ignorance, poor upbringing, etc. I pity people like that.

Magnegross

peepee ding dong
I'm not overweight (anymore, lost ~70lbs), but I am "chubbier" than most skinny people. I mean, you can't see mantits or a bulging belly but I'm definitely not a twig. Still losing weight, too.

But yeah, most people just slap the fat sticker on me anyways because I'm not "skinny" by Amurikan standards.

I can see why people can hate on fat people if they themselves have never been overweight/obese, but, coming from someone who has been over 90 pounds overweight, I have this sort of pity for them. Like there's this really, really big guy in my Chem class and I almost feel bad for him because it isn't easy to NOT lose control of that kinda stuff.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Magnegross said:
But yeah, most people just slap the fat sticker on me anyways because I'm not "skinny" by Amurikan standards.
You say that like our standards are high or something. They aren't.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
I **** you not. Are you female? Male?

Magnegross

peepee ding dong
I am a straight (albeit rather feminine) male. Now that I think of it, I think that if you were to say "American male" to me, I'd see a fat guy.

I am enlightened.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
I am a straight (albeit rather feminine) male. Now that I think of it, I think that if you were to say "American male" to me, I'd see a fat guy.

I am enlightened.
I see you understood before I even told you.

toggles2

Vanilluxe rules ^_^
toggles2 thinks fat people should run outside. toggles2 Mummy tells me I am only allowed on computer for a wee bit of time cause otherwise the fat will settle on my tummy.