• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fat People

They are just dismissing the genetic component because its easier for them to criticize if its not based on that. But then you notice that some groups are naturally fat and others are naturally skinny. For example asian women are usually very skinny/petite and if you want to get most black women to look like that its impossible. So don't come with the 'its not genetics' bs.

I like to think that I don't pose a threat to society because just because I am not thin; I like who I am. Can I do better, yeah! But the more someone pokes fun of me for that very thing, the more I'm gonna say "**** it".

Groups that pose a bigger threat to society are called the victims, not the problem. Since fat people don't get that treatment we can surmise they don't cause much of an issue overall, although there are many negatives about them.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
We should send all the fat people to a labor camp, until they get thin, then they can leave. Free labor, and you don't have to look at fat people when you go out!

I used to have a weight problem. Then I put down the fork. Problem solved.

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
being fat can cause people problems in every day life. I read an article about 2 months ago about a guy who had to stand on a plane for 8 hours because the person next to him took up 2 seats.

Besides that being overweight increases chances of heat burn, heart attacks, heart disease and inability to walk. Just look at the heaviest man in the world he has to be driven in a truck.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
That sounded like a booking problem, or the fat person being inconsiderate. By that I mean if he knows (s)he is going to need 2 seats (s)he should explain it when buying the ticket... Unless they are buying it in person, then it up to the airline to advise of the requirement. We all know there isn't allot of room provided on an airplane, so being considerate of your fellow passengers is a must. I have broad shoulders so I have to scrunch down/side sideways a little to give room to my wife and/or children for example.

L

LilyAurelia

Just to react to what Chaos Emperor said earlier about not being called names for being skinny, that's just not true.

I'm being called names al the time, things like that I must have anorexia or some other eating disorder. Or that I just do drugs or whatever, that's no fun either.

And I also know it's horrible being called fat and more ugly because of that. I used to be the fattest girl in class in primary school. But in high school I got sick for a long time and from that moment on I can't gain weight anymore.

And being to skinny can bring problems too. My body just hurts all the time because I don't have enough body fat. And it's the reason why I am cold all the time. Being underweighted means that muscle tissue gets broken down, so it's really hard to get fit again and it also makes you really tired, this makes things even harder.

I would just say that both things are hard to deal with when you feel it's holding you back in life.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
You're obviously just being a troll but who are you to say what mentality fat people have? I mean there are literally millions of them. They can't all have the same mentality just because they're overweight.

Perhaps not the same mentality. No, they have three mentalities.

1 - Being unhappy about their weight and use their large mounds to elicit sympathy from people, because it's not their fault that they tuck into Pop Tarts for breakfast, 2 Big Macs for lunch and a Chicago-style deep-pan pepperoni pizza pie for din-dins, all the while nomming on choccy/crisps and regular coke inbetween.

2 - Not giving a phlying phoque about their weight, these people are the lowest of the low, and they're also the ones who take two seats on the bus and ruin your travelling experience at no extra tax. Saying that, they're apathetic enough to not care whether or not you're suffocating beside them, as a little while ago I had a delightful encounter with a friend of a friend on a bus ride to the beach, much to my never-ending chagrin.

3 - Pride is the ultimate sin, but sometimes pride can be a good thing, specifically because two wrongs make a right. There are some fat people (particularly my sister) who take pride in their curves, and go to lengths to make sure that they stay the same shape. Despite my voracious hatred for most fatties (particularly the first two kinds) I'm actually pretty okay with this kind, because at least they care about their body and know when enough is enough. NHG bless these fatties.

And yes, I do have a right to say all of this because my entire family have weight problems in some way or another, and having witnessed this all first hand I take precautions to make sure I don't end up the same way as them, and I don't want the same thing to happen to you guys. Should I apologize for caring?

ChedWick

They are just dismissing the genetic component because its easier for them to criticize if its not based on that. But then you notice that some groups are naturally fat and others are naturally skinny. For example asian women are usually very skinny/petite and if you want to get most black women to look like that its impossible. So don't come with the 'its not genetics' bs.

Two different races, two different cultures. Very different eating habits. It's not genetics in the vast majority of cases. There's also a difference between where ones body deposits fat, your body type and your excess body weight.

I just don't like fat people. My sister, for example, got bored this morning and decided it would be fun to eat. It starts to get disgusting that she can go through food after food after food, and not care until someone gives her an odd glance, and she responds with a full mouth, 'What?'

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
Just to react to what Chaos Emperor said earlier about not being called names for being skinny, that's just not true.

I'm being called names al the time, things like that I must have anorexia or some other eating disorder. Or that I just do drugs or whatever, that's no fun either.

And I also know it's horrible being called fat and more ugly because of that. I used to be the fattest girl in class in primary school. But in high school I got sick for a long time and from that moment on I can't gain weight anymore.

And being to skinny can bring problems too. My body just hurts all the time because I don't have enough body fat. And it's the reason why I am cold all the time. Being underweighted means that muscle tissue gets broken down, so it's really hard to get fit again and it also makes you really tired, this makes things even harder.

I would just say that both things are hard to deal with when you feel it's holding you back in life.

ok, i was wrong about skinny people not getting hassled, but no matter what people say about you for being skinny, fat people will ALWAYS get it worse. people usually dont see skinny as unhealthy cause its a lot easier to put on weight than it is to take it off, believe me. Ive been fat since i was 10-11 years old. Im 23 now, so ive been fat for a little more than half my life. and without liposuction, ill be fat forever.

what your problem seems to be is that illness you mentioned. are you still sick? are you less than 100 pounds? if so, you need to get it checked out. cause in your case, that seems like why your body is shutting down. Still, id rather be like you (very skinny) than overweight, even if being as skinny as you are is bad for your health too.

L

LilyAurelia

I do not agree that it is easier to put on weight than to loose it. My doctors all tell me it's actually much harder to gain weight.

When I was 15 I was 59 kilo/130 pounds, now I'm 21 and 47 kilo/104 pounds, and for my length I'm really underweighted. But whatever I try I just seem to loose more weight every year.

And underweight is just a problem that gets to little attention, because nobody sees it as a problem. But just like obesitas in can lead to health problems. The most dangerous are organ failures, but also complications with pregnancy and girls can stop menstruating.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
I do not agree that it is easier to put on weight than to loose it. My doctors all tell me it's actually much harder to gain weight.

When I was 15 I was 59 kilo/130 pounds, now I'm 21 and 47 kilo/104 pounds, and for my length I'm really underweighted. But whatever I try I just seem to loose more weight every year.

And underweight is just a problem that gets to little attention, because nobody sees it as a problem. But just like obesitas in can lead to health problems. The most dangerous are organ failures, but also complications with pregnancy and girls can stop menstruating.

I feel for you, i do. Im 23 and i weight 280 pounds. Also, im 6 foot 1 inch tall so with the right clothes, i could hide my fat, but i know its still there. YA but obesitys problems are seen as more serious. heart attack (the number one killer of people), stroke, diabetes, sometimes people actually have to get limbs amputated. I am well aware that skinny people do run the risk of their bodies just shutting down due to lack of fat, but everyone assumes its easier to gain weight than lose it. If i could take 50 pounds of fat out of me, and give it to you, i would, even though youd probably lose it all.

L

LilyAurelia

If only that was possible, but I'm afraid you're number 14 in line. I have had that offer many times ;)