• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

FATAL mistakes you've made on the internet.

Stuff like:

Misunderstanding a term,

Going to the wrong website,

Donating to a "Nigerian Prince",

etc.

And what did you "learn"?

Going through the deep, deep depths of fanfiction.net, I managed to find myself in the worse places. I was searching up romance fanfictions for pokemon, and an author claimed to have written a "good lemon."

Of course when this happened, I wasn't into fanfictions, as I spent most of my time listening to death metal, and not romance fanfictions. I thought to myself..."Lemon? What does that mean? That means it's sweet, right? I really like those sappy stories!"

As I was about to find out, it was disgusting. I couldn't finish the 2nd paragraph. I had learned....that lemons are sour.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
el day when i signed into serebiiii :DDDDDDD

Yo I made the joke first here, now no one can.

edit: my real fatal mistake was unspoilering and checking
now everything is nice! it was a mistake at the time

Last edited:

Mye

Someone has to win..
Forgetting to add the word "berry" when googling blueberry waffles. God, that still gives me nightmares ><.

I took a meme way too seriously one day. Taught me to be extremely cautious online from then on because it was so embarrassing once I found out what it was all about.

And I kinda sorta deleted an account I had for about eight years on another website because I felt a bit upset. Eight years just down the drain. Don't want to go into details because I still regret it.

Either of those counts I'd say.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
I watched a video on youtube called "Youtubers react to the weirdest video you will ever see guaranteed". Don't look it up if you value your sanity. It involves a Japanese surrealist arthouse comedy film. Enough said.

Google searching Muff Diving. On the plus side, I now know something I didn't before.

Ketaru

I Googled Imaged "Tarutaru," which is a race from Final Fantasy XI. It was a fairly innocent search, but one of the first 10 results...it was just awful. Don't try it now- the image is no longer there.

Skylander Sylveon

Top Coordinator
1. Going against the mods.
2. Picking fights with close friends of the mods.
3. Standing up for my rights.

I don't regret them, but they're what got me perma-banned on my last forum. XD

Tangeh

When I was a kid I gave a hacker my little brother's neopet's username and password (I was at least unsure enough to give his instead of my own LOL) under the promise that they would go into his account and give him loads of neopoints or whatever... yeah he never got into his account again pft I'm a terrible sibling.

I also thought that "n_n" was synonymous with "-_-" for the longest time. I used to have an online friend who used "n_n" ALL THE TIME and she was pretty sarcastic/ negative, so I guess that's just how I always viewed that smily lol (n_n is actually the same as ^_^).

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Funny you should capitalize the word "fatal," because I think mine was investigating FATAL any further than the one famous review of the notoriously low-quality and extremely crude RPG.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I was just thinking of the user Fatal and his weird raps.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Accidentally stumbling on an AshxPikachu fan fiction through google :(.....

Zazie

So 1991
Funny you should capitalize the word "fatal," because I think mine was investigating FATAL any further than the one famous review of the notoriously low-quality and extremely crude RPG.

I was just thinking of the user Fatal and his weird raps.

Both of these game to mind for me.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
I've made a minor one and a major one:

Minor: Thinking that T_T conveyed seriousness. I used it in a chat several times before realizing that I was sounding like a crybaby.

Major: Making a post defending feminism on an anti-feminist Youtube video. And after that, entering into a month-long debate on the topic while most everyone seemed to take everyone's side but mine. A similar experience happened recently when I made a post on Facebook defending pedophiles. That caused quite the uproar, and one person even stopped being my friend because of it. Moral of story: Tempting though it may be, never play devil's advocate on the Internet.

Also why would anybody be anti-feminist... feminism is literally just supporting equal rights for women.

Anti feminism arises because some people take feminism too far. Most anti-feminists are against the feminists who hate men.

Also, it's getting a get off topic. :)

Teacup

Errrr I don't know what some of you guys are talking about. Fatal? Tarutaru? Maybe I shouldn't know. Biggest mistake for me was letting those scammers from India claiming to be from Microsoft tech support access to my computer. They actually got as far as being able to move my mouse and start looking through my files before I cut it off. Luckily my computer was safe and all my files were intact. I don't keep any banking information on my computer so that's all safe. And I have a new computer now so its all good.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
FATAL might be overkill, unless you click something that eats your hard drive.

My worst mistake? Well, I actually read My Immortal. And I'm petty sure Pokémon Indigo (I think that's what it was called) was the source of the worst virus my old laptop ever got. It was painstaking nights of work to undo that mess.

I love when the Microsoft Scammers call, they've taught me I know how to be really annoying, I harass the heck out of them. I irritated one to the point where he hung-up, then called right back so he could shout the F-bomb at me. It's sad how little some of them know about computers and Microsoft too. One of them told me he was with Microsoft's Micro Tech department, uh yeah. . . Micro Tech make military stuff, they're not part of Microsoft.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Forgetting to add the word "berry" when googling blueberry waffles. God, that still gives me nightmares ><.

Well, being curious also sucks. I did and I don't want to remember it.
This reminds me of the day I searched Carbuncle. It's a summon from FF if nobody knows. It's also something really gross and disgusting. For some reason I never thought Carbuncle was EVER a word used for some sort of disease or whatever you name it. I always thought it was made-up for fiction purposes.

cristinaharn

It's sad how little some of them know about computers and Microsoft too. One of them told me he was with Microsoft's Micro Tech department, uh yeah. . . Micro Tech make military stuff, they're not part of Microsoft.