• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

FATAL mistakes you've made on the internet.

woot21

super noob
About 6 or 7 years ago I started using 4chan, and I'm still there. Don't go there, you'll never leave, even if you want to.

Besides that had a huge fight with a really good friend through facebookmthat resulted in us no longer being friends or talking to each other.

woot21 out dawgs

Watching Happy Tree Friends out of curiousity also, watching Neon Genesis Evangelion just so I could "have an opinion on it."

Doing a research paper on politics and the government and going to whitehouse dot com. Note at the time I didn't relive it had to be dot gov and we'll my mom was watching over shoulder pull a very very lewd web site and to this Ill never forget the younger lashing nor that blonde babe

Synnett

Stuff
I said somewhere that I didn't like most of the Gen5 pokemon designs... So much salt that day, geez.

Oh, and abusive mods are "insert worst insult possible here".* Or those so stuck on the rules they forget we are humans. I've had so much trouble with them since they have zero respect for the users. It's frustrating because you can't do anything...

Last edited:

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Oh, and abusive mods are "insert worst insult possible here".* Or those so stuck on the rules they forget we are humans. I've had so much trouble with them since they have zero respect for the users. It's frustrating because you can't do anything...

I know I hate it when my life becomes Tron.

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin

Um if you're talking about the staff here well you have like 1 warning which means nothing. Either way this isn't the topic to whine about this sort of thing. If you have a problem with a staff member, PM another staff member of the same or higher rank.

Navarch

When I was younger, for everything I signed up for, I'd make separate email accounts. I must have about 20 or 30 email accounts out there somewhere.

I'm still waiting for the government to show up at my house. :)

Snivy18

When I was younger, I had a TON of friends on the internet, on other forums, websites, games. I even met this one girl (hopefully it was) online and we got married... oh god

edit: i just looked through the earlier posts on this thread, and all those Google ones make me want to search those things up. Haha

Synnett

Stuff
Um if you're talking about the staff here well you have like 1 warning which means nothing. Either way this isn't the topic to whine about this sort of thing. If you have a problem with a staff member, PM another staff member of the same or higher rank.

o_O Nah, the staff here is fine. I'm talking about other places~ I mean, I've been to some official forums for an online game from EA, and I was wondering if the staff here had a brain, seriously. I made the mistake to try to defend my rights, aaaand well everyone got banned lol.

I know I hate it when my life becomes Tron.
Ikr.

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
o_O Nah, the staff here is fine. I'm talking about other places~ I mean, I've been to some official forums for an online game from EA, and I was wondering if the staff here had a brain, seriously. I made the mistake to try to defend my rights, aaaand well everyone got banned lol.

Ah, sorry, in that case please continue.

If we're talking about bad staff stuff, I got banned on deviantart back in the day for reporting art theft B) It's okay though I ended up deleting my account later on anyways because that site is awful.

Synnett

Stuff
Ah, sorry, in that case please continue.

If we're talking about bad staff stuff, I got banned on deviantart back in the day for reporting art theft B) It's okay though I ended up deleting my account later on anyways because that site is awful.
Ouch :eek:

Long story short, the mods over here decided to ban hackers (in game) from the forums. They were already known to monitor the threads like if they were newborn babies and locking and removing posts everywhere. But yep, I got fed up and told them my opinion, and they banned me for abusing glitches in the game. (There was a glitch a few months before that allowed to buy an infinite amount of a car for a day) Everyone got upset and dozens got banned from the forums too. Then they managed getting me banned in game, and everyone lost their sheet. I got instantly unbanned from the game after contacting support tho, but so many got banned that week, geez. They then started stalking my friend and modified one of his posts to get him banned. I mean, I didn't even understand the purpose of all this corruption xD It was like a mini-North Korea.

In another game "cough"Nexon"cough", I reported an exploit that allowed to use code to change the color of the text in the chat. Well, they banned me for it... Permaban, in game, for reporting an inoffensive exploit. Eh.

Notes to myself: never bothers when it's linked to a multinational corporation. They are so...

Scootastic

What's shakin bacon?
I watched a video on youtube called "Youtubers react to the weirdest video you will ever see guaranteed". Don't look it up if you value your sanity. It involves a Japanese surrealist arthouse comedy film. Enough said.

I remember that. It honestly felt like a mix of Alien and Beetlejuice, but without the gore, but still truly crazy.

As for mine: The first time someone linked "goatse." For the uninitiated: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, don't look it up.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
One time when I was attempting to go on Bulbapedia, I accidentally ended with '.com' rather than the usual '.net' and led me to a suspicious site.

Electricbluewolf

*pours beans down the waterslide*
When I was younger I shared my brothers computer.I was trying to find cute pictures of ditto, and ended up downloading lots of pictures and loads of spanish viruses onto it. oop.

and going through a mary-sue persona phase.

Post Moderation

Invisible Presence
My biggest mistake was probably made by me here, nearly two years ago...I posted some things I shouldn't have in several threads here and got banned for two months. But when I came back I edited my posts and cleaned up the mess I had made, so at least it wasn't totally fatal. (Although for a long time, my friends from another forum liked to tease me about it.)

BuizelPidgeot

I posted my friends snapchat on 4ch** I.. I don't know what i was doing.. I could never have foreseen.. The.. The horror..

Omega Matt

Charagon
I ended up getting really mad last night about a killing up north from where I live, got drunk, then hit social media sites. BAD IDEA.