• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

FATAL mistakes you've made on the internet.

i posted pics of myself on reddit once and then discovered some bad people were doing bad things to those pics over on deviant art

i'm now a celebrity which is kind of a good but also a bad thing?

Pokemon_Veteran

Poké Sage
My fatal mistake online was getting online knowing the Internet is out to kill us. May sound funny, but the cyber criminals are so waiting for any of us to make a mistake and then they strike.

Bananarama

The light is coming
Once I shared my phone number on Facebook. I got some strange calls.. Thankfully, I learned my lesson.

keepitsimple

site of lies
i posted pics of myself on reddit once and then discovered some bad people were doing bad things to those pics over on deviant art

i'm now a celebrity which is kind of a good but also a bad thing?

Are you sure you're going with this? I think the real fatal mistake is that username of yours.

Lexya428

Pokèmon Master
Oh the horrors of the internet. My sister quite a while back went to type in YouTube . Com and forgot the y. More recently, I came upon an Ash's mom and Brock fan fiction. Then a blogger portraying themselves as Serena from the games and in another blog as May... I never wanted to view those characters that way, but thanks to the World Wide Web I now have never forgotten graphics. Thanks a lot...

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
These responses are hilarious, haha. I've done similar things, going on a site and getting a virus and typing in searches just to get something different from what I was looking for. One example I remember was typing in "ember" in Google a long time ago, searching for images of the ember enemy from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. Instead I think there were pictures of half-naked girls. I think I got yelled at lol. I admit I should have been more specific with my search.

Charley

Learning about the deep web while being 20 years old since I know alot more about horrible stuff from reading things. It's scary,disturbing, or creepy, and I never want anyone to try this.

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
Fatal is a stretch but...

1) There was a forum that I used to visit and about 5 years ago... I kinda made a pretty offensive joke about a person who was basically stopping an online hopper of Forza 4, let's just say that I had a lot of people extremely pissed off at me and I kinda died down my activity for a while and tbh, I haven't been there in forever.

2) Playing Habbo... Ew, never again.

3) While playing Habbo somebody said there was another game like it called "SourMath" and oh god... Please, if you value your stomach lining and your life, do not look it up whatsoever. I'd rather look at rule 34 than the SourMath stuff and that is saying a lot. So, I beg once again, do not look it up.

EDIT:

4) Watching Boku no Pico...

Last edited:

Omegagoldfish

My will be done
I was an overconfident jerk when I joined this site.
That, and I found out about a few, let's call them unnerving individuals through the internet.

Sora

AKA Snagger Outlaw
Not really fatal, just something I look back on with deep embarrassment.

I used to be one of those people who played the "cool internet jerk" persona. I did it on SPPf and my God it was embarrassing. I grew such a bad ego I snapped at anyone who didn't praise my work, critique I took as personal attacks and overall I was just a brat.

That was 10 years ago and I still am super embarrassed to think about the teenage me.

keira

lurker
I insulted a popular ship from an anime while on the wonderful website known as tumblr.com. Death threats ensued. Tumblr people are very serious about Attack on Titan, it seems.

Sora

AKA Snagger Outlaw
I insulted a popular ship from an anime while on the wonderful website known as tumblr.com. Death threats ensued. Tumblr people are very serious about Attack on Titan, it seems.

Tumblr people are serious about everything. I've gotten death threats over disliking a pony.

PenguinBowler

Reluctant User
One time I went onto the YouTube comments section and tried to reason with somebody. I think you can guess what happened from there.

Omegagoldfish

My will be done
I once went on a shipping board and asked if it had anything to do with boats.

Bananarama

The light is coming
I once went on a shipping board and asked if it had anything to do with boats.

Lol.

Also, once I tried debating someone on Facebook about a very controversial issue that I won't get into here. They were very obscene and would verbally abuse me even when I was trying to be civil with them.

Omegagoldfish

My will be done
Oh, so like discussing religion on Youtube's comment section?

Sprinter1988

Some days I think even having access to the internet is a mistake.

What was the original purpose of the internet? To provide a platform through which ideas and research and information could be freely exchanged. A fine idea when it was just Universities and the like.
Now every racist, sexist, ageist, homophobe, extremist, weirdo, loon, nutcase, general buffoon and everyone else like them, along with all the people who hate those people with a burning passion to the point that they become pretty damned intolerant themselves suddenly have a platform upon which to espouse their views upon the world, pretty much anonymously.

Just look at some youtube comment sections. Were people always this angry?

One time (actually, more than once) I admitted to not listening to a video games (any video game you can name) OST. Even going so far as to say that I prefer to listen to my own music while playing one.

All I'll say is that this is a good way to get some gamers ticked off at you.