• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

FATAL mistakes you've made on the internet.

Zero Nexus

Stand up, go for it
A few years ago, on this forum, there was a thread about Sonic games. Those are already full of stupidity, but when others were discussing their favourite game in the Franchise I told them my favourite one was Sonic 06.

Needless to say, that led to a lot of questions as to my intelligence and my taste in games.

There's two things in my defence though; firstly, I had NO IDEA the game was widely considered so bad. I got it with my 360 and I didn't bother to check review scores, I was like 14 - I just got a game and played it. Secondly, while I can acknowledge the game is very bad, I actually had a lot of fun with it.

I still stand by when I say that I think it's a very overhated game.

Yes, it's terribly designed and glitchy as all hell, I'm not trying to say otherwise, but it's not UNPLAYABLE. You can sit down with the worst game in the world and still have fun with it, and at the end of the day isn't that all that matters?

Last edited:

Sprinter1988

I once had the audacity to suggest that The Hobbit trilogy isn't as terrible as everyone makes out and that the source material is almost at fault for the films as Peter Jackson.

Whoops.

One time (actually, more than once) I admitted to not listening to a video games (any video game you can name) OST. Even going so far as to say that I prefer to listen to my own music while playing one.

All I'll say is that this is a good way to get some gamers ticked off at you.

A few years ago, on this forum, there was a thread about Sonic games. Those are already full of stupidity, but when others were discussing their favourite game in the Franchise I told them my favourite one was Sonic 06.

Needless to say, that led to a lot of questions as to my intelligence and my taste in games.

There's two things in my defence though; firstly, I had NO IDEA the game was widely considered so bad. I got it with my 360 and I didn't bother to check review scores, I was like 14 - I just got a game and played it. Secondly, while I can acknowledge the game is very bad, I actually had a lot of fun with it.

I still stand by when I say that I think it's a very overhated game.

Yes, it's terribly designed and glitchy as all hell, I'm not trying to say otherwise, but it's not UNPLAYABLE. You can sit down with the worst game in the world and still have fun with it, and at the end of the day isn't that all that matters?

I once had the audacity to suggest that The Hobbit trilogy isn't as terrible as everyone makes out and that the source material is almost at fault for the films as Peter Jackson.

Whoops.

I know, the first quote is mine, but still...

This dawned on me a few days ago, but the kinds of people Sprinter1988 and Zero Nexus mentioned are why I tend to prefer to call myself a casual fan and not a hardcore fan of whatever I'm into now, and whatever I will get into later in my life.

I mean, there's no denying it, the more (really) hardcore fans of something are insufferable individuals. Every fandom has them, the Pokemon fandom is not excluded from this.

I know this could sound like I'm caring too much what other people think and do, but we've all seen these people, so can you blame me, and others, for feeling like this?
It would be easier to tolerate and ignore these people if they didn't lose it every time 1.) someone does something just slightly different than everyone else, 2.) the slightest thing doesn't go according to their personal expectations.

Sprinter1988

I know, the first quote is mine, but still...

This dawned on me a few days ago, but the kinds of people Sprinter1988 and Zero Nexus mentioned are why I tend to prefer to call myself a casual fan and not a hardcore fan of whatever I'm into now, and whatever I will get into later in my life.

I mean, there's no denying it, the more (really) hardcore fans of something are insufferable individuals. Every fandom has them, the Pokemon fandom is not excluded from this.

I know this could sound like I'm caring too much what other people think and do, but we've all seen these people, so can you blame me, and others, for feeling like this?
It would be easier to tolerate and ignore these people if they didn't lose it every time 1.) someone does something just slightly different than everyone else, 2.) the slightest thing doesn't go according to their personal expectations.

Alas, this is Human Nature, I feel. Encountering something different makes most people react with fear or anger. Those who react with openness or curiosity are the minority

Bananarama

The light is coming
I commented on an Ariana Grande video on YouTube about how she reminds me of Mariah Carey.

I won't describe all of the nasty things some of her fans called me afterwards, but I can say that I've learned to avoid ALL the stans on YouTube.

Tsunami16

2G1C. That's all I'm going to say. People who know will get it. People who don't...just let it go.

I voiced support for Toph Beifong in a Toph vs Gaara death battle video. I forgot all Naruto fans on the internet are certifiable.

I joined a Zelda forum and talked about how swords are terrible weapons. Hilarity ensued.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Looking up Cell and Android 18, especially with the safe search off. Never do that. Your childhood will be ruined and you will never see Cell the same way again

Omegagoldfish

My will be done
Accidentally turning safe search off.
Then typing in Pokémon.

Tepig Pignite Emboar 969

As you already know, when I first came to Serebii, I was insulting people who didn't like the Tepig line and the whole 5th gen Pokemon. I didn't like it how there were many people as who hated 5th gen Pokemon, and so I insulted them by saying they were stupid or something for not liking 5th gen Pokemon. And I made pointless topics about it and got into some arguments with other users about it. This is fetal mistake on Serebii that I have made and I know that people have different opinions on things.
Now I also made some other mistakes I have made on the Internet besides Serebii. But before I tell you, am I allowed to post a link of one of the fetal mistakes I did here?

Yagami Kyo

Taking people seriously on the Internet, mostly Youtube and such sites. I learned that most of them are just either trolls or kids that love being anonymous.

I once had the nerve, the NERVE, to say that a zombie apocalypse is a totally fictional scenario that will never, in a million years happen. (And yes, this is actually an opinion regarding this that I have.)

Let's just say that the internet is actually this... to put this nicely, "obsessed" with this kind of scenario and doesn't take too kindly to this line of thinking, apparently.

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan
Searching Google images for just about any character (Usually I'm searching for ones from Pokemon, Kirby, Animal Crossing, etc.) usually makes me see disturbing things after scrolling down. This still happens, too.
Here's an example: A Pokemon eating another Pokemon. I never asked for that...

Last edited:

ChloboShoka

Writer
I've bought counterfiet items in the past without realising that boootlegs existed. Know I know better, I try not to do it again. A lot of the bootleg guides are true eye openers.