• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

FATAL mistakes you've made on the internet.

Solid Cyndaquil

Drying Pan Wielder
Stating my opinions on the Star Wars prequels
Searching up Gardevoir on Google Images
And wondering what "Shrek is love Shrek is Life" was

Missingno.Fan

On another site I visit, you can post as a guest. I posted a bunch of TMI stuff (I wanted somebody to help me). I later felt that it was inappropriate and wanted to delete the thread I started, but to my horror I wasn't logged in. I posted as a guest meaning I couldn't edit or delete it!

Samayouru

Rabid Dusclops Fan
joined tumblr. I think that qualifies

Couldn't have put it better myself, mate.

I think the worst mistake I ever made was posting up my fanfiction here on the first account I ever made. I pity the poor fools who gazed upon my 11 year old self's work.

Didn't understand that a person was just a simple troll and acted really stupidly during our "conversation"

Teapot

Sweaty Toad
Discovering anime. There is no escape.
In relation, I go into a lot of anime blindly, and have unexpectedly found some pretty disturbing stuff (I'm looking at you, Evangelion).

I also once sent some buddies a picture of tub girl without actually looking at tub girl first.

Also going on a site someone told me about only for it to be one of those morbid gore sites. I think that was pretty fatal. I didn't come out of that one the same person.

And thinking going on TV Tropes was a good idea.

Tbh everything I do on the internet is a mistake.

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Going into the debate subforum often back in the day. There's a reason a lot of users speak ill of that place--I don't know how it is now since I've refused to go back. Or hell, my early years here on Serebii were really n00bish. I've grown up since then (ten years is enough to see all of that progression), but going back into the archives for a cheap nostalgic thrill and then running across my hyperactive ramblings makes me cringe.

On FFN, when I first joined sometime in high school, I almost got into a shipping war with a (huge) Patamon/Gatomon fan. Back then, I didn't know such things happened, let alone were a thing (I somehow missed the explosion that was the Takari/Dakari ship war on FFN--then again, I didn't know the site had forums until five years ago). I sometimes wonder if things would've gotten out-of-hand had I not stopped myself in time and apologized.

In early 2013, I signed up on Tumblr because a classmate begged me to. I returned to it last year, but it was mainly because of Digimon, so I mostly hang around that tag these days because it's better than everything else the site has to offer. There's still crazies, though (sub-elitists mostly with some people complaining about creative choices beyond their control), but I pick-and-choose what to reblog anyway. I'm still awaiting that day where I end up posting something (fan fic, fan art or otherwise) and someone sends me a message whining I didn't tag it with a "trigger warning" or whatnot so I can go "Lol no, I expect everyone who looks at my blog/my things to be mature. Can't bring yourself to handle it like a big boy/girl, then blacklist me and move on." That's how much I don't care.

Tepig Pignite Emboar 969

I said somewhere that I didn't like most of the Gen5 pokemon designs... So much salt that day, geez.
I was one of them wasn't I? If so, I am sorry for the things I said to you when you said you didn't like the Gen 5 pokemon designs. I just loved that generation and I hated it how many people hated that gen back then.

Going into the debate subforum often back in the day. There's a reason a lot of users speak ill of that place--I don't know how it is now since I've refused to go back. Or hell, my early years here on Serebii were really n00bish. I've grown up since then (ten years is enough to see all of that progression), but going back into the archives for a cheap nostalgic thrill and then running across my hyperactive ramblings makes me cringe.
Now this reminds me of a similar thing I have done about almost 11 years ago on a website called Gaia Online. Did any of you had an active account on Gaia Online from 2005-2007? Any of you remember a username from that time called Axl_The_Hunter? He was a bit annoying, rude most of the time, being a bit of a noob and a retard, right? Well here it goes, I was Axl_The_Hunter. Yes, some of you who might had an account on Gaia Online from 2005-2007 might have already knew me there, and I was the one some of you were calling me annoying, rude most of the time, being a bit of a noob and a retard. But this was 11 years ago some I am more grown up, smarter and mature now. Anyways, here are some of the more memorable thing I did on that website back then that I think were mistakes, but keep in mind that I was only a child back then.

1. There was a One Piece forum, where one of the users just asked for the same of one of the songs from the anime, there were already other people replying in that topic, nice replies too, and I just had to go in there and say, "I HATE ONE PIECE!" Boy, did that lead to flame war! This other user and I started arguing and started calling each other names for as long as 15 pages of flaming.

2. Another mistake I made on that website back then was a friend of mine was sending pm's to me and another friend of mine. My other friend and I both then decided to send my friend's pm to my other friends online, and when she found out, she got really upset with the both of us, and another friend of mine stopped being my friend and took me off the friends lists because of this. I remember after that for a few days, arguing and fighting with my former friend because of that.

3. Another mistake I remember doing on Gaia Online back then was I typed my phone number to a complete stranger on that website, because I thought it was okay since I thought the others were doing the same thing, so then the stranger called my phone number, and my mom picked it up. I said, "Oh ****," and that's when my mom found out about it, and she got really angry at me for doing it. She even asked my why I said, "Oh ****," because she knew I was using that website, so I lied to her, but she caught me, and I got punished for a few days I think.

Now, almost 11 years later, I decided to apologize to some of the people about what I did back then, because some of them were still using their Gaia Online accounts, including the user I argued with in the One Piece forum, and the user accepted my apology. I still go to Gaia Online, but with another username account, called Axl_The_Hunter 2, because I was given a new password for my older account, but then I forgot it.

I still have the link to that One Piece forum on Gaia Online. Does anyone know if it is okay for me to post the link here or at least tell you how to get to that topic on Gaia Online?

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Do not go to Encyclopedia Dramatica if you value your soul

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Do not go to Encyclopedia Dramatica if you value your soul

That's nothing compared to learning a lot about Chris-chan. I've seen more disturbing shit on the CWCki than ED (which also has a page on him--CWCki is a little too nice when talking about Chris-chan, ED outright doesn't hide their intriguing disdain toward him).

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Same here.

Uh, as some other people have mentioned, I found Anime. Now I'm even less social than I once was (Which was next to nothing to start with).

Uh, I got tumblr, and I still have it, but I don't exactly go there often. I do have ifunny, but that's pretty much it by the way of social media.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
That's nothing compared to learning a lot about Chris-chan. I've seen more disturbing shit on the CWCki than ED (which also has a page on him--CWCki is a little too nice when talking about Chris-chan, ED outright doesn't hide their intriguing disdain toward him).

Oh, that....good lord. I've wasted so much time on that wiki. And I discovered TV Tropes because of him. All because of Linkara's 99th episode, "Top 15 comics I won't review." And he's reviewed three of those already

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan
I saw my cat get into a paper bag, so I wanted to look at other cats doing that on Google Images. I saw one that made me cry.... I don't think I want to look at anymore animals on Google Images if there's a chance of that sort of thing.