• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fate and Destiny of Friends - AAML

xsweet_peax

+kiss of an angel+
hmmm...been RE-rereading some of the chapters again and it's as good as I remembered it. I hope you update the last chapter soon. It's been a while and I'll just keep checking back. Can't wait..! =]

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
So im super impatient and I want a new *chapter*
Plzplzplz!! Its almost at the end and I really love this fic.
I've been reading it since 2004 :x

Water Spirit

~*Animus Aquae*~
My dear fans,

There is so much to say and so many people I need to reply to! Thank you all so much for showing your support and sticking by this fanfiction in its closing stages. A lot has happened since my last post (I know it has been ridiculously long time!) and some events are not worth talking about/not appropriate to discuss here.

So, to give you a chance to bug me in real time, I have set up a twitter account as a trial basis to see if that will help answer your questions/keep you up to date. I'm finding it very difficult to get on to Serebiiforums atm due to lag time when I have tried to update, so I thought this might be a temporary solution until the forums are up and running smoothly.

You can find me here: http://twitter.com/WaterSpirit28

All the best and look forward to here from you! I will post here soon to reply to comments providing the forums don't throw me off again.

Hope you are all well,

Take care,

WS
XxX

Good to know you are still alive.

PokeTech 493

Old School Trainer
Hey Water Spirit, glad to hear from you. Hope everything is going well for you.

I'm finding it very difficult to get on to Serebiiforums atm due to lag time when I have tried to update, so I thought this might be a temporary solution until the forums are up and running smoothly.

What kind of problems are you having with Serebii.net Forum ? I'm a bit of a computer nerd and I might be able to help you out. From what you said about "lag time" that might be because of your connection to the internet. Do you a wireless network ? If so how far are you from the wireless router ? Have you tried using another computer or connecting to a different network, like a Starbucks wi-fi hotspot ?

If you have any question for me just PM.

pokeadvanceshipper

Advanced Trainer
Wow!!! I read this in two days!! It's awesome!! Keep it up . . .can't wait for the last chapter. . . (i kinda got scared that you had abandoned it when i saw post dates for 2008!!!)

Cerulean Girl

Cerulean Trainer
Water Spirit: Oh my gosh, it has been FOREVER since I've talked to u! R those release dates for the chapters this June? I am SOOOOO excited!!! You've inspired me to at least try to finish the fanfic I've been writing since I was 14! :p I'm gonna be 19 soon, lol! :p Oh, I just got a Twitter, I'll follow u there! ^_^ My first name is on there and my user name is my typical one on everything else except for Serebii! :p It's mainly just my co-workers and I on there, but it'll be good to see a fellow Serebii friend on there! ^_^ Hope all is well for u, sounds like a lot has happened, but best of luck! ^_^ Oh, and a tip, I love Internet Explorer, but Firefox is WAY faster and I can get on the forums better with it! ^_^

~Cerulean Girl

L0v3 is Evol

[NOTE: Somethings are out of date..since I wrote this review while reading the chapters, and not waiting till the end, coz then I'll get lazy ;222;]

Hey Water Spirit!;194;

Okay, I owe you this review because of your great story, lol. It’s a shame I just started reading it recently, because you have a lot of talent when writing— Misty and Ash’s relationship is kept in character, which is really nice, because it’s like I can just see this all happening in my head ;311;

*Sighs* It would’ve been really cool if this happened in the anime… But without all the injuries XD, you seem to be sort of fond of writing those, huh?

In addition, I really liked how you put other people’s names/sn’s into your story. It makes reading your story even more fun and interactive. ;213; {I later learned you stopped doing it at about chapter 27ish...?}

This scene is from Chapter 3:
They both looked down at the creature hiding behind Ash’s legs as it hopped out from behind them and over to Misty. It rubbed itself against Misty’s legs affectionately. Misty bent over and picked it up in her hands. It was tiny and in the shape of a heart with little yellow cheeks. Misty held it up to her face and examined it. It was extremely thin but amazingly pretty and she smiled at it.

“Is it yours?” Ash asked her.

Yeah.” She replied smiling. “It’s so cute and loving.” She said as danced in her hands. “It reminds me a lot of …” she bowed her head so that Ash couldn’t see the tears forming in her eyes.

“Are you OK?” Ash asked unsurely – clueless to how she was feeling.

Togetic. She thought to herself sadly.

She sniffed and wiped the tears from her eyes before sitting up straight.

“I wonder how Togetic is getting on.” She said with false enthusiasm.

“Oh.” Replied Ash, now understanding why she seemed so depressed. “I’m sure Togetic is doing just fine.” He said cheerfully. “Because it knows that it once had a great trainer who loved it like a mother and she’ll always be in its heart and it will never forget her.”

She looked up at him and smiled once again. “Thanks Ash, that’s sweet.”
This scene reminded me of the GCYL episode, where Misty says that last line to Ash, after he complements he on a good battle. It's really cute IMO. Poor Ash though, his dense-ness at the beginning, is just a small taste of it here, you make it bigger later on in the story.

An example that I thought took the cake was: [I believe it was from chapter twelve]
“Guess the weather hasn’t improved.” Ash said half-laughing.
And RIGHT when Misty was going to say something SUPER IMPORTANT!

So far, this is the BEST PART!
They reached another dead end. Misty’s eyes widened and she looked at Ash who had closed his eyes but opened them to assure Misty that he wouldn’t give up on her. They doubled back again and Misty felt her lungs also reaching their pinnacle of lack of oxygen. Misty felt Ash’s grip around her waist loosen and she halted the Pokemon and panicky turned to face Ash as he tried to hold his breath but let out a cry in a stream of bubbles and began to float on the spot as Misty’s eyes widened in horror. She let go of the handle and quickly grabbed hold of Ash until she knew that she would probably have to forfeit because Ash was desperately losing consciousness. Then she had an idea.

She gently grabbed Ash’s face and brought his lips to hers. Ash’s eyes instantly opened and widened in shock, until he realised what she was doing. She was giving up the oxygen in her lungs and breathing it into his mouth so that he would stay conscious. He closed his eyes and instantly sucked the air from her mouth that she was bravely giving to him until she broke away from him, blushing slightly, and signalled to him whether he was OK. He nodded and smiled at her as they quickly grabbed the handles again and the Pokemon sped off, all of them knowing that Misty would not last underwater for much longer with no air in her body. Ash held her waist once more and she put her hand on top of his as they darted around a corner and down a straight where they could see two golden pillars. Ash’s spirits lifted as he saw the sight then looked down at Misty and saw that she was now unconscious and her grip left the rope and she was only supported by Ash’s arm. He moved her slightly so that they could move through the water more quickly by turning her limp form to face him and he placed her arms around his neck as he held on tightly around the back of her waist. He grimaced as his lungs began to give again but held on to Misty tightly as the Pokemon moved at full power towards the pillars. They shot through them and vertically scaled to the surface and Ash began kicking to help the Pokemon move faster.

He gasped as he surfaced and breathed in as much air as he could before choking himself. He was dragged back under again by Misty’s weight and he let go of the handle so that he could put his hands under her arms to lift her to the surface. He rose above the water again and began to shake Misty by her shoulders to gain a response. Her face frowned and she began coughing and spluttering and Ash was relieved to see that she was all right.

“Did we make it?” She asked him weakly and he beamed at her and excitedly told her that they had successfully made it through the maze thanks to her.

Ash thanked her gratefully and a man on a Lapras helped them out of the water as they recalled their Pokemon and he took them back to shore, after handing them some towels.

“You did WHAT!?” May yelled in alarm after Ash and Misty told them what had happened in the maze and about Misty’s bravery at helping Ash.

“It’s called an Underwater Kiss.” Misty replied while blushing slightly. “Because I was giving Ash the oxygen in my body so that he could keep conscious and continue to be able to travel underwater without suffering.”

“But it resulted in you suffering, didn’t it, Misty?” Brock reasoned with his friend.

“Well, no.” She replied with a smile then became aware that everyone was watching her. “I trust, Ash, so I knew that he would get me out safely even if I was unconscious.” She replied passionately as she beamed at Ash.

He returned the grateful smile.

“Wow.” Max said in awe at how strong their friendship was – to trust each other when one of them knew that they could be in a fatal position and still have enough belief in each other to know that the other would bring them out OK even when they weren’t conscious.

Something jogged in Max’s memory as he thought about this.

You see, sometimes friends have to go away but part of them stays behind with you. It's especially true when friends are best, best friends. You'll remember Jirachi forever and he's gonna always be in your heart. A good friend left me and...I miss her every day. But I...I know we'll always be friends forever.

“Hey, Ash! Is this what you meant when you told me about Jirachi always being with me? Just like you and Misty? You did mean Misty when you said that she was your best, best friend, right?” Max asked curiously.

“Urr… did I say that?” Ash thought and then recalled the memory. “Oh yeah! I was talking about Misty.” He said and smiled.

“Friendship is built on trust, Max, and even if you’re not together, so long as your memories stay with you in your heart, so will your friendship.” Misty stated knowingly.

“Wow, Misty! You’re so cool!” Max cried out happily and brought a smile to Misty’s face.

They were informed that they had qualified for the final round after finishing second after Brendan and Aurora. They celebrated with their friends as Brendan and Aurora came over to praise them on qualifying with them.

“Now we just have to wait for the slowpokes to finish before they can set up the next race.” Brendan joked as he and Aurora said that they would see them later after they had gone to get a bite to eat.

May assured the group that she would go and buy some snacks for everyone and disappeared with Max so that he could help her carry the food. Brock slowly edged away from Ash and Misty across the sand and when he was convinced that they weren’t looking at him, he sprinted across the beach so that he could continue to speak with Cassie. Ash and Misty watched him go and giggled at the sight of him.

“It’s strange isn’t it?” Misty started. “That we worked so hard together to get through one task and then we’ve got to once again be rivals to become the winner of this Tournament.” She finished on a slightly sadder note.

“Yeah, but so long as we give it our all and that one of us wins then I’m happy.” Ash said comfortingly.

Misty smiled at him but then it instantly faded.

;195;The underwater kiss idea was brilliant! I've heard it somewhere before, but I doubted it would work because of the reasons many other users said, such as the CO2 coming into Ash, which would give him CO2 instead of Oxygen [which btw isn't all we breathe in, we breathe in mostly Nitorgen, some Oxygen, and "other" if I remember my textbook right] But the reasons you gave did make sense... Lol, but I don't think I would want to try it ;munchlax;

Also, the part with Max remembering what Ash said about Misty was cute. I really like when authors incorperate bits and pieces of the anime to strenghten the shippy-ness ;193; And in this case, I think the shippy hint was a big[-ish] hint since it was during a time when Ash was without Misty.

“She’s awesome when it comes to the water.” He complimented her and smiled. “So who are you going to take to the romantic restaurant?” He asked her with a wink and indicated towards the two passes in her hand.

She blushed and then her face brightened.

“I’m giving them to Brock.” She replied sweetly.

“Me?!” He stammered in surprised and pointed to himself.

She nodded.

“I want you to have them because it would be great for you to take Cassie somewhere romantic on your first date and I really think you deserve them more than me.” She replied affectionately.

Brock’s eyes filled with tears as he smiled at Misty, then he turned around on the spot so that his back was facing his friends.

“I… just need to … get a grip… of myself.” He sniffed and turned around once more and hugged Misty tightly – almost squeezing the life out of her as she handed him the tickets with a smile and he continued to thank her for her generosity.
Oh man, I was REALLY, REALLY hoping Misty would do something like ‘You helped me get to this point, Ash. Let’s go together!’ sort of thing. Heheheh... *Sweatdrops at her own stupidity* [Talking about myself in 3rd person ._.']

This one is from Chappie 31:
“So how do you want me to react?” May asked Daisy again.

She was sat down as Ash was trying to explain how he was in love with the mermaid and that he would grateful if she understood, which she would because she was also in love with someone else. Daisy wanted her to be calm and smiling as Ash/the Prince told her, so that they could keep the story happy and cheerful.

“And then you’ve got to kiss him on the cheek to show how you’re just friends!” Daisy squealed excitedly and winked.

“WHAT?!” They both exclaimed in unison.

Now I can't wait to see the play! AAML KISS! A real kiss-kiss!
...Wait, no. That's wrong, it's a play/acting kiss-kiss...
Grr..LOL! WS, you're really making us wait for it, huh?

Also, in this comment, as you can see, I kinda did skip around [chapter-wise] since there was a day when computer didn't properly save my whole comment [it did this weird restart thing]. And because my original had stuff from each chapter, I feel kinda messed up for not re-doing it. But I really wanted to get this comment up, since I know that I owe you something for this really great story ;042;

Btw, that boxer idea, with the quiz for Ash and Misty was terrific! And she said it without hesitating too! [If I remember correctly...she said they were blue] LOL ;324;

Ash watched her unsurely and folded his arms.

“You fall asleep in the library and I wake you up and you get all emotional on Brock?” He asked in disbelief.

She surprised him by hugging him as well.

“I’m just glad you guys are safe.”

“Err… would you mind explaining to us what’s going on?” Ash asked unsurely.

She let go off him and frowned.

“I didn’t fall asleep I…” Wallace’s caution to not tell anyone else echoed in her mind. She headed towards the tapestry and saw that the wall was solid and the book that opened the hidden chamber was gone.

“What’s going on, Misty?” Ash asked her seriously.

She shook her head and explained that she’d just had a bad dream, hoping that his denseness would kick in any second now…
Heheheh! A jealous Ash do a Pokeshipper good ;001; And LMAO to the last line! It was funny. But what I don't get is the fact that Misty can' tell Ash. He's part of the Mermaid and Prince story, shouldn't he have the right to know as well?

Brock walked into the kitchen and saw Ash snoring with head resting over the back of the sofa. He frowned and walked towards him, about to shake him awake when he saw Misty leaning against Ash, wrapped up in a blanket. He grinned at the sight and went back into his room. Max burst into the open plan area after Brock had told him about the two friends and stood in front of the peaceful pair with a camera. He took a picture and laughed as he allowed the flash to go off to wake them up. Ash stirred and yawned loudly, rubbing his eyes in his dozy state and standing up, unaware of Misty’s weight on him as she fell heavily on to the sofa. She woke with a start and rubbed her own eyes and blushed as Brock innocently grinned at her as he watched Ash turned to face her.
They SLEPT together! *Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge.* No not really XD but still, that was really cute [I'm running out of POSITIVE adjectives! Curse my 9th grade vocabulary ._.'' Sorry.. I can't think of any other good words to describe this awesome fic... Maybe it's too good for words...?]

Misty beamed at it and thanked May for letting her know. May caught Ash’s glance and blushed.
Woah! WOAH! What is THIS?! I spy AdvanceShipping hint!!!!!! =O! [..Well, I saw more before…but after that vision…o_O’’] And I agree to what Misty_Aquamaster said about this part.

She needed help and someone to talk to. If only she had someone to help her look for the answers to her questions… if only she had someone she knew would understand her problems and her heart… if only she had Brendan…
NOOO! =P [Sorry… I’m a pokeshipper 100%] XP That last line about Brendan made me go a bit sour… He is interfering with AAML!

Wow… I finally caught up ;312; Wo0t! So, I'll be waiting for the last and final chappie... if you can, please PM me when you have it up. Thanks ;026;!

L0v3 is Evol

Hypershell

Dragon's Best Friend
Now THIS is a pleasant surprise. I return from a break and find that WATER SPIRIT LIVES!!! =D

Sure there's tons to tell. Twitter ain't my bag, but for now I'm just glad to see you active again (and yeah, forum lag can be a pain at times, I get that a lot too). I hope life's been treating you well (and if for any reason it hasn't, that you can bounce back).

REALLY, REALLY need to re-read some of this. The fic is just so massive and it's been so long. Always itching to see what's coming next, WS. Hope we'll see ya soon!

yhyiannis

Cosmic Sea
Water Spirit! You've returned! :D Don't worry about not updating it in ages, I understand (as I'm sure we all do) that you've been busy. I'm not going to do that Twitter thing, as I don't have Twitter and don't want to register to it, but I am glad to know that you're back :) I hope things have been okay for you, and I'll be waiting for your next chapter. Thanks for returning to tell us you're okay. Can't wait for the next chapter :)

Yuraenia

Call me Qooky :)
Hey Water Spirit...I'm kinda a newbie in these forums, but I just gotta say...AWESOME STORY! I love it! I started reading like a few days ago or so, but I finished until the last chapter u put up here...and I can't wait till u put up chapter 32! Oh, and good luck with writing it. I don't have Twitter either and I don't plan on registering though....

I loved the part where Misty and Ash had to be partners in that water competition and Misty had to underwater kiss Ash....I could easily picture that in my head! *squeal!* oh and that last part where they ended up sleeping side by side...aaww....so sweet! XD :)

yhyiannis

Cosmic Sea
Well Water Spirit, I just reread your whole fic, and loved it. Again. It is seriously beautiful. I love this fic, and will be extremely sad, yet happy when it reaches it's end. Thank you so much for writing this fic. You don't know how much it means to me. I can't wait for the final chapter :) I wish there was a way I could stay updated on what was going on with you, but I'm not going to register to Twitter or Live Journal so yeah... I guess I'll just hope that you reply here, in a VM, or in a PM. Bye.

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
Yay WaterSpirit! :D you replied right after me.
anyway i'm glad you're still writing this fic, I'm writing mine as well now that i've come back from the dead :)
keep on writing because thats the only form of expression on paper!
I'm rereading the whole fic to remember everything again although its just as amazing as the last time :D

Last edited:

Chargirl

Ultimate Fire User
Please Water Spirit, update this! I'm sure to die of curiosity soon enough if I don't hear the end(yes, it's that good)! This was supposed to be finished months ago, which only makes me more curious about this.

Cerberus

One Love
Oh wow, I remember this story, I started reading it when the first chapter was published, and it's not even finished yet.

wowo

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
I think I'm gonna be looking into this thread until I'm 25 just hoping for some new chapters ^^ -shot-
anyway WS I love youuu and I totally understand that you're busy with life and stuff but please try to make a little progress :)
WE LOVE YOU