• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fate and Destiny of Friends - AAML

scarecrow62

Pokemon Researcher
I bet that many of us will need to refresh our memories by rereading the story, but it'll be interesting to revisit the story since its beginnings in 2004 and hopefully the new chapter will run in tandem with a possible eventual appearance by Misty after the Sinnoh League is over with sometime this summer. Looking forward to it! :D

its funny you should say that, considering that its the beginning of 2011 and here in the u.s.(just to satisfy everyone, im not going to assume where eveyone is from) the sinnoh league is just now wrapping up.

Flame Mistress

Sorry for bumping, but I wanted to tell you what a great pokeshipping fic this is! Read it all through last night, and loved it. Just can't wait for the final chapter!

St. Star

I've been following this fic for years now, I've read this many times now and it is still the best story I've read in my whole life. It was also the first pkmn FF I've read so it's kinda special to me. :)
I've laughed, cried, felt sad and felt happy while reading this and I'll tell you.. If I should quote the best part of this fic, I'll be quoting the whole thing.
Your writing style is one of the best I've seen in many many years. (And I read a lot of fics, pkmn and non-pkmn.)

I'm sad that this fic doesn't have an end yet, but I understand that you're busy, and I think you've been through a lot while writing this masterpiece, so the best I can do is wait patiently for you to post the last chapter.

I hope everything goes well at school, work, or whatever you are doing at the moment and I wish you all the best :)

Last edited:

Mix0r

Beginning Master
Hey Water Spirit, you're the reason I joined this forum, and even the reason for reading shipping fics, I hope you're alright and can finish this fic sometime, take care, :]

Che Ken

Hey everyone,

hearts of joy: Awwww... your dedication to this fic is so inspiring for me. I hope I don't let you down!

Thank you ever so much, from the bottom of my heart.

Take care,

Love,

WS
XxX

Hey WS it's HoJ here, I forgot my password and my email hates me so I had to make a new account! D:

It's been so long since I've been on here! I just haven't had the time with college and everything :(

Can't believe I'm 19 now... I was so young when I began reading this!!

I do hope you are doing well, and that you are able to complete this soon. Now that I have access again and my year of college (gap year I'll be looking to travel round the world!) is ending I'll be on every now and then to check up :)

Made a twitter account (I vowed I would never do that) to follow you and any update on how you are doing, HaDoF or not, will be good to hear from you :)

Reading the entire thing again to catch up on what I forgot lol it's a brilliant read and still my fave of them all (closely followed by Pokemon Master).

Much love

Che (HoJ)

mew313

Master of Dragons
Patiently waiting :surfpika:

Tericarax

Foolish/chosen one
I didn't notice this fic until two or three days ago...

I don't know if you're still on Serebii, Water Spirit. Anyway, I'll write it.

This is one of the greatest story of Pokeshipping, or even Pokemon, I've read since today.
Every situation is full of imagination and surprise. Each character is well represented, as well as their Pokemon (just a side-note on Pikachu that might help: when calling Ash, he usually says "Pikapi".). The atmosphere is very close to the original serie, wich is valuable and pretty rare.
Now, about the descriptions...They are simple, and yet don't need to be more complicated; enough accurate, but letting imagination makes it's job. Greatest way of making a description in my opinion.
As for the feelings...Well I just feel like I was inside.
One of your greatest strength is you ability of developping everything well, letting some unsolved shadows; after all, your fiction is 30 chapters long, right?

In one word as in much more; your fiction is amazing. They say quantity does not make quality, well both are presents here.
I loved it. I hope you might - one day - continue this one.
With all my thanks, and congratulations,

Tericarax.

Squirtlediddlyirtle

It's full of women!
Hello Water Spirit! My name is William and I'm writing this from my iPhone. (They had no such thing when you were first writing this,eh) So I apologize for my extremely crap grammar :D

I would just like to say how impressed I am with your story, I actually just registered so I could thank you for this fantastic masterpiece of work! I have been a pokeshipper since the Anime started, even though I still thought most girls had the cooties at that time, misty was different :p But I have only recently become interested in fanfiction since I was only playing the games and then I started watching the anime again online. I have to say, when Brock and misty left, I cried my eyes out and I'm a sixteen year old guy that never cries Wahh I'm so manly. :D But I got into fan fiction because I really wanted to see ash and misty together like the anime episode I never got. I was reccomended by some random site (don't ask I forgot) about any decent fics because I really came across forward, jumbled up pieces of rubbish stories that never made much sense. But this, is fantastic... You referenced the anime which I love, made it fun and quirky and put just as much romanticism as it needed to become a juicy story that would get the reader hooked. I read everything in one night I liked it so much and I particualarly loved how nice you reactions to ur reviews, your inclusions of names was cute and your attitude towards writing. And to think that you produced this all when you were the same age as I am now. Wow, thanks Water Spirit... The world needs more great authors like you <3 :D

Hope everything is ok, uni and all :D Thank you very much for this wonderful story :D

Last edited:

latino heat

Mexican pride
Crazy what a bit of nostalgia can do huh?

For some reason I decided to watch a clip of pokemon on youtube, that led to me playing my old GBA games, which led to me remembering that I was a pokeshipper and I remembered this amazing story and this forum and wow lots of memories coming back, hadn't been on this for a year and a bit more.

I remember when I first stumbled on to this story and decided to join the forums just so I could thank you for writing this ,again, amazing story and that was 5 years ago. A little broken heated to find out that the story is still were I left off but non the less still has the same feelings and effect.

Congratulations WaterSpirit and hope you are having success and happiness in whatever it is you are doing now.

Misty#1

AAML~DAML~KADL~CABL
Water Spirit, please finish this!!! It's the first PokeShipping fanfic I've ever read, and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! It's even inspired me to write my own! I cried so many times through this fic, you must finish it! It's so amazing! Please!!!!

OshawottShoes

*frowns aww I really wish this could be finished, I made this account just so I could reply and say that there are still many of us who still want to see this finished, but people just gave up on it since its been like years already. Anyways I really admire your writing, it never becomes boring because the scenes are so original and well thought up, the characters and their dialogue are very close to the anime and the description of the scenes are very nice but sometimes some of the major events are written too quick which kinda leaves me being confused. I love how you added a little advanceshipping towards the end, it makes it more realistic because its not just 'only ash and misty could like each other' kind of scenario, especially with May who supported their relationship throughout the story, I especially liked the dance scene with may and seeing misty's reaction the ash and may is really sweet.
Well, that was my first review ever, feels good to show support hehe. I hope some day you can finish this water spirit, I know all of us will appreciate it. Good luck with whatever you're doing in life and take care, I would like to personally thank you for writing such an amazing story and hope you understand even if it's been years and people have stopped coming to this thread that still haven't given up on this story, I made an account just to reply to this to show that we still care about FADOF. We hope you're okay and sorry that I didn't review sooner. And I understand if WS can't finish the story, she doesn't have to. I really hate to say this but Maybe someone else could give it a shot if WS really won't finish it because I know there are many talented writers here. My last note to WaterSpirit: can you give us a reply just to let us know what you been up to and that you're still alive and well and hopefully give us a deadline on chapter 32(we can only dream) I don't care if it comes in 3 years honestly, I can speak for everyone when I say that we just want to see how it ends no matter how long it takes because we have become very attached to this story but I respect your decision even if I don't show it. Please just reply and let us know what you been up to it would make us happy if you could. Take care WS :)
P.S. sorry for my sloppy reply hehehe

Last edited:

pokesimmo

I'd just like to say; this is one amazing story. The fact you kept it so close to the anime is something we don't see a lot in fanfiction stories these days. I've only started reading this in recent years, so I'm probably a little late in asking when this story is going to get its last few chapters (I'm trying not to sound naggy). Anyways, thanks for this amazing story, I hope you're doing well in whatever it is you're doing at the moment. Goodluck Water Spirit :)

sandy ketchum

I just read all 31 chaps and boy was it long, probably the longest ever. i wish that i had read this earlier. the story is very complicated and it is very well exexuted by you WS. if you ever eventually read this WS thanks for this fic. its one of my favourites. i hope you are happy with your life. your last post said you can finish this in may of 2010. If you can please give this fic the ending chap 32. i will be looking forward to the day you post chap 32 and finish this great fic. till then all the best

I've been reading for years, and I'm hooked! It's long, but its worth all the time, as stated above, I will be eagerly awaiting the final chapter 32. no matter how long it takes.