• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autis-misc

Abridger
A new spinoff from the Fate series takes a supporting character, Illyasviel von Einzbern (known as 'Illya') and places her in the life she wanted to live. Everything was going well for her, then a magical wand who calls herself ruby crashes through her window, hits her brother, and puts her in the position of 'Magical Girl'.

My first impression was that this anime will be filled with Loli's. and I was pretty much right. But, for comedies sake it was decent, I couldn't see much wrong with it, but some people say that it didn't follow the storyline of Fate/Stay Night or Fate/Zero.

And to those people, I turn around and walk away and let them figure it out that it's set in an alternate timeline...

anyway, what do you think of the first episode that was released 3 days ago? was it any good? discuss...

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
It was quite funny, and the visuals are...

Cute.

That's about all I have to say.

I admit that it's quite entertaining, so Ill be enjoying the crap out of it. I haven't watched a show like this is a while...

On a side note, that wand is way to trolling, and seems to be a subtle lolicon...
I hope this isn't being shown to to many young kids...that transformation sequence was...overkill in the wrong way. I feel it would have negative effects on little girls...

Not as bad as dog days transformation though. DEAR GOD.

Perhaps sociology has just made me cynical...lol

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
I plan on watching this but I have to wait for an mp4 version to pop up.

Today (or yesterday in japanese time) marks the day it was fully released on TV (It was originally streamed on the 6th.)

So there should be some high quality downloads and shows now. Before they were kind of messy quality.

You should be able to find one soon.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Honestly the only reason why people are really watching this is because of the brand. It honestly feels like a giant piece of fanfiction. Seeing charcters from Stay Night in an AU is cool enough, I guess. I do wish they used Zero's Servants instead of SN's >:

Being honest here, this is the first fate/whatever I've watched.
Nonetheless, I've changed my opinion about the show, it's ALOT more Entertaining then I thought it was going to be from just watching episode 1. Episode four had me laughing quite a bit, but perhaps it could be because I know magical girl genres pretty well.

Oh and the fight scenes are excellent, I can't wait to view them in high quality.

Last edited:
Honestly the only reason why people are really watching this is because of the brand. It honestly feels like a giant piece of fanfiction. Seeing charcters from Stay Night in an AU is cool enough, I guess. I do wish they used Zero's Servants instead of SN's >:

I would rather take a remake of Fate/Stay Night or an Heaven's Feel adaptation over this. Hmm maybe I should consider watching it for Illya. Do all SN characters appear? Like Shirou and the others?

Tsumiki

Tsun Tsun~
I would rather take a remake of Fate/Stay Night or an Heaven's Feel adaptation over this. Hmm maybe I should consider watching it for Illya. Do all SN characters appear? Like Shirou and the others?
Which is why we have ufotable working on one!

As of Ep 4, only Shirou, Taiga and Rin have made an apperance and and Rin is the only one who gets any amount of Screentime. All the servants are going to make an apperance at some point; we've seen Rider, Caster and Dark Saber. Ilya is also no longer the sadistic loli that we know; she is purely a kawaii lolicon mahou shojo desu.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Oh goodness, I did not expect Illya and Miyu to throw the sticks to Rin and Luvia...

I really didn't. It took me by surprise.

Anyway, I like Rin's fighting style. Ruby and Luvia can go to hell about that D8.

Fun episode. lol

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
Well...

That was pretty Kickass.

Not gonna lie.

Oh and archer card useless?

NOPE.

Freaken OST is beautiful though.

I really can't wait to watch it in HD.

Oh, and I can't wait to watch it with subs -3-;

Status