• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Fates Worse than Death

Harmonie

♫ Ad vivere
There is nothing worse then death.

The human mind can in some way cope with everything else. But death is the un-mistakable end. No one knows what happens after we die, if anything, but the fact that we avoid death at nearly all costs and mourn our dead shows in some primal way we all fear it.

Not everybody's the same, and not everybody can take things so well.

Some truly terrible things can happen in people's lives, and I think it's just a bit presumptive to put words into all of their mouths like that. You have not been in their situations.

Murton

Once you were lost.
No one knows what happens if you die. The best guess is death's like sleeping without waking up, you won't notice you being asleep, and actually won't notice anything (except your dreams), though you ARE asleep. That being said, everything negative is worse than death.

kirby8933083

mai husbando
Extremely broad "Living!" answer isn't that impressive. Living isn't necessarily bad (in my opinion), but maybe it's just living in certain societies with certain people and responsibilities makes life a horrible fate in some people's eyes.

I can't really think of any fate worse then a tragic death, other then obvious things like really gruesome, humiliating torture until you die, having a perfectly normal life that take a sharp turn into something like an incurable disease or such things or even living in just a state of consciousness. Everything plausible kinda pales in comparison because you will just die eventually and become unattached from everything, so it doesn't matter, eh? ':/

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Torture. I'd much rather die than be chained up and [insert favorable torture method here.]

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
Complete lack of any kind of stimulation, i.e. being held motionless in a dark room and fed intravenously. I would rather die than be deprived of everything and everyone I love.

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
There is nothing worse then death.

The human mind can in some way cope with everything else. But death is the un-mistakable end. No one knows what happens after we die, if anything, but the fact that we avoid death at nearly all costs and mourn our dead shows in some primal way we all fear it.

The human as an animal fears death, but if all humans acted on their 'animal' impulses, then there wouldn't be such a thing as suicide or the need for mercy killings. Human psychology has long since deviated from a simple organism that merely reacts to stimuli.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Paralysis

Being tied to a rock with a bird eating you away and when its done, you're regenerated and the bird comes back (a Greek story i think)

Deoxytwo

Riddle in an Enigma
Paralysis

Being tied to a rock with a bird eating you away and when its done, you're regenerated and the bird comes back (a Greek story i think)

Its the story of Prometheus, I believe.

Anyway:
-Being forced to watch Twilight
-Anything to do with Disney channel
-Having my fingernails yanked out one by one
-Sitting next to the most God-awful, annoying kid in class all semester (trust me on this)

GalladeX

Being forced to run forever, with no rests, and you'll never pass out from exhaustion. You hang on the edge of starvation and dehydration, but you don't die. You run and run and run in a horrible cycle of near-death.

...I didn't know I could be so morbid...

Bulldogs

Banned
Erectile dysfunction.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Just to let you guys know - no, it isn't funny if you don't take it seriously. You aren't a comedian.